Ravens @ Dolphins

skater18000

Reaction score
Matt Moore at QB for Miami. Ravens 3 point favorites, seems about right, even though Miami looks a little better on paper with being 4-2

907Hawk

Reaction score
skater18000":1dfm2qll said:
Matt Moore at QB for Miami. Ravens 3 point favorites, seems about right, even though Miami looks a little better on paper with being 4-2

Agree the 3 points sounds right, but I like the Dolphins straight up.

Maulbert

Reaction score
907Hawk":1iy9kjk7 said:
skater18000":1iy9kjk7 said:

Agree the 3 points sounds right, but I like the Dolphins straight up.

Matt Moore is an underrated backup. He has a rating of over 100 each of the last 3 seasons, a positive career TD-Int ratio (+11), and is 15-13 as a starter. Would I want him to start for my team? No, but that's the definition of a backup, and he’s one of the best. As John Clayton has stated on many occasions, a good backup will come off the bench and win you 3 straight games, but then lose you the next 3. That is Matt Moore to a t.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I think the Ravens' color rush uniforms might be an improvement on their normal ones.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Sucks being a defensive player anymore. Literally cannot hit/tackle anyone anymore. Wanna protect the QB? Slide early.

Maulbert

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":f8xk2moh said:
Sucks being a defensive player anymore. Literally cannot hit/tackle anyone anymore. Wanna protect the QB? Slide early.

Sorry, that was a dirty hit. Flacco was sliding.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/923726023786680326[/tweet]

ivotuk

Reaction score
Matt Moore, too short. :p

Baltimore is where old Seahawks RBs go to excel. ;) And probably where ACFan is now.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Take a closer look, he's not even feet first. Flacco wanted the first down and to be protected. You can't have it both ways.

Russ starts sliding yards before the defender.

At slow speed it looks bad, but this game is not played in slow motion. You want protection, Qb's need to not get greedy

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure how dirty that was, he was coming in what appeared to be full speed and Flacco tried to slide LATE.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2h4jzitq said:
Yeah, I'm not sure how dirty that was, he was coming in what appeared to be full speed and Flacco tried to slide LATE.

Agreed. Was it a penalty per the current rules? Yes. Was it dirty? No, Flacco has to own his part of getting a bit too greedy for yards and paying the price.

Mindsink

Reaction score
That was not a slide. That was reactionary attempt at getting into a fetal position after realizing (too late) that you're gonna get hit. You don't get to be a ball carrier then decide at the last split second that you're "sliding" and should be protected.

Personally, I think they should get rid of the whole slide rule. It leaves QBs in a vulnerable position.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
The slide wasn't that late, that defender could have let up when he realized the slide was happening. But he took the opportunity to blast Flacco in the side of the head.

It's football, and its not my QB, so I don't care that much. But that Kiko guy knew what he was doing.

It made the game more entertaining, and then it led to the complete meltdown later with Suh and the eye poker guy, lol. So all in all some entertaining football. :lol:

253hawk

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":3j1aqkmg said:
RolandDeschain":3j1aqkmg said:

Agreed. Was it a penalty per the current rules? Yes. Was it dirty? No, Flacco has to own his part of getting a bit too greedy for yards and paying the price.

If it wasn't dirty, Alonso sure didn't seem to show an ounce of remorse about nearly killing someone. He knew exactly what the hell he was doing. He tracked Flacco's helmet the whole way and turned his shoulder to line it up. If he didn't think Flacco was going to slide, he would have attempted to wrap up instead of driving downward with his arms pulled in.

AridAlarmingCapybara size restricted

Maulbert

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ndtsz4x8 said:
twisted_steel2":ndtsz4x8 said:
The slide wasn't that late,
Did you watch it again at full speed? And you still think that?

The fact is, when Flacco started sliding, if Alonso didn’t have time to react, his shoulder wouldn't have made contact with Flacco's head. He aimed down as Flacco slid. If he didn't have time, he would have gone over Flacco instead slamming into him.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
QBs know defenders want to put a good lick on 'em. Don't wait so long to slide.

I'd liken it to "You mess with the bull, you get the horns."