Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Alex Collins

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Alex Collins
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:23 pm
  • Beastin for the Ravens . I’m truly surprised but happy for him .
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

Re: Alex Collins
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:26 pm
  • He's getting opportunities and making the most of them. Good for him. He's got 8 carries for 56 yards..7.0 ypc. Too bad it didn't work out for him in Seattle.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:27 pm
  • I was coming here to post the exact same thing! Glad to see the light come on. Good for him!
    I would rather have an army of Dogs led by a Pug than an army of Pugs led by a Dog. ~Napoleon
    pugs1
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:20 pm
  • He's looking pretty good for the Ravens so far, but he can't possibly stay healthy with that crazy running style of his. Hope he does and has a solid 5-10 years in the NFL.
    F E E L I N G L I K E 2 0 1 3 A L L O V E R A G A I N !
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:28 pm
  • Love seeing him succeed! Ravens are opening some holes for him and he's only going to get better. He just needed consistent plays for him to get going.

Which is why I don't understand swapping RBs in and out on our team. How is anyone ever supposed to get going when they don't get consistent playing time?
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:22 pm
  • Over one hundred yards and he is averaging the highest yards per carry in the NFL. Some of the talent evaluaters on .net aren't quite as brilliant as they think they are.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:36 pm
  • Natethegreat wrote:Over one hundred yards and he is averaging the highest yards per carry in the NFL. Some of the talent evaluaters on .net aren't quite as brilliant as they think they are.

Damn he looked good, he's balling out.
    907Hawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:44 pm
  • Hmmm...coaching or a better offensive line improving his play?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Alex Collins
Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:45 pm
  • Natethegreat wrote:Over one hundred yards and he is averaging the highest yards per carry in the NFL. Some of the talent evaluaters on .net aren't quite as brilliant as they think they are.

He was not a fit for our system, why guys that do great in one place fail in others and vice versa, just look at Ware as well and Ahman Green as a couple. Two different systems but players that did better in other systems.

Edit by staff:Typo

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:52 pm
  • People keep saying the Ravens OL is so much better than ours and that's why AC has been doing better, but that isn't the whole story. Their stud RG Yanda has been out most of the year and they have other injuries throughout that group. Yes, they are better than what we have at run blocking, but there were at least three runs where AC was hit behind the LoS and still got 3-8 yards. His vision looked great too, he was making some excellent cutback runs. All he's missing is TD production and the fumble issues still persist.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:55 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:Over one hundred yards and he is averaging the highest yards per carry in the NFL. Some of the talent evaluaters on .net aren't quite as brilliant as they think they are.

He was not a fit for our system, why guys that do great in one place fail in others and vice versa, just look at Ware as well and Ahman Green as a couple. Tow different systems but players that did better in other systems.

I don't disagree. Collins looks far more decisive in a man blocking scheme vs zone but many posters here claimed Collins was devoid of talent and a waste of a roster spot. I never shared that sentiment and watching our starting backs struggle now only confirms that feeling.
    Although I do hold out hope that Rawls gets on track at some point this year.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:01 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Natethegreat wrote:Over one hundred yards and he is averaging the highest yards per carry in the NFL. Some of the talent evaluaters on .net aren't quite as brilliant as they think they are.

He was not a fit for our system, why guys that do great in one place fail in others and vice versa, just look at Ware as well and Ahman Green as a couple. Tow different systems but players that did better in other systems.

Is Lacy a better fit?
    cymatica
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:19 pm
  • I don't think there is any better picture that can depict the state of the Seahawks Offensive line.

PC, TC have got to be doing a big ole head scratch.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:06 am
  • I'm very glad that Collins had such a good game. I always thought that he looked like the most durable of our RB's and could turn into something with given the right opportunity. He just didn't get that opportunity with us.

PC is just too enamored with the backs that look great, but can't stay healthy and on the field. Rawls and Procise are both examples of this fact.

I hope Collins goes on to be a consistent 1000 yard rusher for the Ravens. It will just help to show how stupid of a decision it was for our coaches to let him go. And don't give me that system crap. We could easily have adjusted to a running scheme that would fit him best, and work for Russel.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:10 am
  • kf3339 wrote:I'm very glad that Collins had such a good game. I always thought that he looked like the most durable of our RB's and could turn into something with given the right opportunity. He just didn't get that opportunity with us.

PC is just too enamored with the backs that look great, but can't stay healthy and on the field. Rawls and Procise are both examples of this fact.

I hope Collins goes on to be a consistent 1000 yard rusher for the Ravens. It will just help to show how stupid of a decision it was for our coaches to let him go. And don't give me that system crap. We could easily have adjusted to a running scheme that would fit him best, and work for Russel.

It is all about the scheme, inflexibility to our determent.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:41 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:I don't think there is any better picture that can depict the state of the Seahawks Offensive line.

PC, TC have got to be doing a big ole head scratch.

This is the way I see it.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:30 am
  • chris98251 wrote:

He was not a fit for our system, why guys that do great in one place fail in others and vice versa, just look at Ware as well and Ahman Green as a couple. Two different systems but players that did better in other systems.

What running back is a fit for our current "no offensive linemen can block system?"

This is more proof that JS, Pete, & Cable's vision for our offensive line is disastrous.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:05 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

What running back is a fit for our current "no offensive linemen can block system?"

This is more proof that JS, Pete, & Cable's vision for our offensive line is disastrous.

Well a combination of good feet and balance with power and quickness in space, Lynch has it, Rawls showed some of it and Carson does also, they have t be able take hits and keep moving forward, Rawls can if he has his start, Lynch and Carson showed power to break tackles, important the way we have people in the backfield almost before they get rolling.

Collins needs a few steps to get going and run down hill, not great quickness in space. Has power going north and south. We ask our backs to wait and see the cut.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:16 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

Well a combination of good feet and balance with power and quickness in space, Lynch has it, Rawls showed some of it and Carson does also, they have t be able take hits and keep moving forward, Rawls can if he has his start, Lynch and Carson showed power to break tackles, important the way we have people in the backfield almost before they get rolling.

Collins needs a few steps to get going and run down hill, not great quickness in space. Has power going north and south. We ask our backs to wait and see the cut.
    We ask our backs to be ridiculously good behind a shitty version of a outdated and crappy OL blocking scheme since 2000 AD or so.

ZBS has effectively been neutered for years. I just wish Cable would be also, literally if possible.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:52 am
  • Watching the Ravens/Miami game Thursdday night and it hit me. The tackling technique of Miami was ridiculously piss poor. I have heard many times this year how the quality of play in the league has dropped and this is probably one of the most glaring reasons. Nobody knows how to tackle anymore. Collins was gaining 4, 5, and 6 extra yards after first contact.

Know this - be glad and appreciate the technique that Pete brings to this team, cause when he retires so might his teachings.

http://www.businessinsider.com/seahawks-tackling-style-could-change-nfl-2017-1
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:52 am
  • First Spencer Ware ( who was absolutely blasting for KC before his injury ) now Alex Collins . It’s slightly disappointing .
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information