Alex Collins............143 all purpose yards

RCATES

Reaction score
Yikes!!!!! That was hard to watch last night. This guy looked like a stud and the best player on the field all night against a Elite Miami defense that was #5 in the league in rushing defense and a Ravens team that has tons of issues on the O-Line. I think its safe to say that as well as the Hawks are good at evaluating talent on Defense they have no effing clue what they're doing on Offense. Collins is a stud that's leading the league in YPC behind a equally poor offensive line. :229031_banghead:

nategreat

Reaction score
And don't forget about Spencer Ware... all these Seahawks castoffs.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I must admit I have to eat crow on Collins. I didn't think he was worth the roster spot. Boy was I wrong. He just never looked like much in the carries he had with us.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/923788135380631552[/tweet]

hawkfan68

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":3eplsrlt said:
He is in more fumble away from being benched.

Not sure where you are getting that he has a fumbling issue. He's only fumbled twice this season. That's only one more than Rawls has. So fumbling is a non-issue, IMO. Collins has 478 yards rushing and leads the NFL in ypc. He's definitely been more productive than any Seahawk running back this season.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3046409/alex-collins

Seymour

Reaction score
It really is quite amazing what any decent RB can look like with an oline that can run block.

We would not know that going on our 3rd year now. But please be patient. :roll:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Watched. He ran a straight line many times and didn't get touched between 11 and 15 yards on each run. He had acouple good runs though.

This is the same reason why y'all thought Rawls was life in 2015. If big running lanes are there, any NFL RB can take advantage of them...with varrying downfield success. The mark of a good or great RB is creating. Not following a lane on a string that is provided for you where the bl8cking is perfect.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2895yqjt said:
FlyHawksFly":2895yqjt said:

Not sure where you are getting that he has a fumbling issue. He's only fumbled twice this season. That's only one more than Rawls has. So fumbling is a non-issue, IMO. Collins has 478 yards rushing and leads the NFL in ypc. He's definitely been more productive than any Seahawk running back this season.

He has been more productive than Rawls, Procise and Lacy COMBINED, and Baltimore is one of the leagues worst offenses (#31). :pukeface:

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Yes, he has a line that can block better than our can. That is likely why you see better production.

That said, Buck Allen was also running for the Ravens and Collins was decidedly better.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3v5gw4u4 said:
He looked like a completely different player then the seahawks had. Much slimmer and quicker.
Absolutely....He's running like he has something to prove to the folks who let him walk.
The only one that I thought was a big question mark during pre-season, was Eddie Lacey & his fight to keep his weight down.
Carson PROVED himself to be the #1 RB in the entire stable.
LOL, I imagine ACHawkfan is feeling pretty justified in his arguments to keep Collins on the roster....and with good reason.

OP
OP
R

RCATES

Reaction score
JSeahawks":35j91hrn said:
He looked like a completely different player then the seahawks had. Much slimmer and quicker.

Lol I remember when the game first started and some back for Baltimore hit the hole like he was shot out of a cannon. I was like damn who is that. I was shocked when they said Alex Collins.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3p4toyxv said:
LOL, I imagine ACHawkfan is feeling pretty justified in his arguments to keep Collins on the roster....and with good reason.

Agreed.

I'm not one that prescribes to the idea of dropping players in year two. If they were good enough to make your roster as a rookie, you definitely want to see what they do in year two.

I didn't necessarily like the Lacy signing. And I did argue for the release of him prior to the season. I just didn't feel like he did anything to warrant keeping him over Collins who was on a cheaper deal and was heading into his 2nd year.

Does he look different? Not really. He ran here decisively and with power. And was always gifted as a receiver. Seemed to be decent at pass blocking. He had a demonstrable burst.

Clearly the quick hitting power blocking scheme suits him better than the stretch zone. Overall, I'm very happy for him. Collins was one of my favorite picks in last years' draft. Hopefully there is a lesson to be learned when trying to run 2nd year players out of town prematurely. That 2nd year leap is usually the biggest of a player's career. Cutting them after year one is the equivalent of selling low.

OP
OP
R

RCATES

Reaction score
Seymour":16wns7v3 said:
hawkfan68":16wns7v3 said:
FlyHawksFly":16wns7v3 said:

He has been more productive than Rawls, Procise and Lacy COMBINED, and Baltimore is one of the leagues worst offenses (#31). :pukeface:

Exactly. Has nothing to do with the line. Hawks messed up. Simple as that. Ravens literally had no passing game after halftime when Flacco went out. Miami stacked the box and still didn't have a answer for Collins. He was our next Lynch. Sigh............. :34853_doh:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RCATES":2i9yjt3k said:
Seymour":2i9yjt3k said:
hawkfan68":2i9yjt3k said:
FlyHawksFly":2i9yjt3k said:

Exactly. Has nothing to do with the line. Hawks messed up. Simple as that. Ravens literally had no passing game after halftime when Flacco went out. Miami stacked the box and still didn't have a answer for Collins. He was our next Lynch. Sigh............. :34853_doh:
Wrong!

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Well I always felt he was a talented back but just didn't seem to mesh with our system. TBH, other than Marshawn Lynch, I'm not sure any back meshes with our system. I will say, Carson looked like a good fit until he was injured.

I do laugh at posters calling out our FO for letting him go over other players. This board was pretty unanimous in its derision of Collins and more than happy to wave goodbye.

I still wish we had decided to go a different way with our OL blocking scheme. I'm just not sure with today's athletic DL that the classic zone scheme is a good scheme. More teams seem to be having more success with power man schemes. I don't think any of the backs on our roster are great fits for ZBS. Especially our mediocre version of it.

But right now its kind of late for an overhaul and as long as we are a successful team, I doubt Pete decides to about face our offensive identity. It would likely take a losing season to get him to re-do the whole thing.

I just hope Carson comes back healthy and can be the new back in our system. Lacy won't be here next year. Rawls is a shadow of his former self. Prosise is glass. JD is a good swiss army knife but not an every down RB. Davis is a JAG.

Latest posts