Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Alex Collins............143 all purpose yards

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Yikes!!!!! That was hard to watch last night. This guy looked like a stud and the best player on the field all night against a Elite Miami defense that was #5 in the league in rushing defense and a Ravens team that has tons of issues on the O-Line. I think its safe to say that as well as the Hawks are good at evaluating talent on Defense they have no effing clue what they're doing on Offense. Collins is a stud that's leading the league in YPC behind a equally poor offensive line. :229031_banghead:
    RCATES
    NET Rookie

• And don't forget about Spencer Ware... all these Seahawks castoffs.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• This is Forsett all over again....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Rookie

• I must admit I have to eat crow on Collins. I didn't think he was worth the roster spot. Boy was I wrong. He just never looked like much in the carries he had with us.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Well, the Ravens have an O Line that can open holes, so there is that.......
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• He is in more fumble away from being benched.
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran

• FlyHawksFly wrote:He is in more fumble away from being benched.

Not sure where you are getting that he has a fumbling issue. He's only fumbled twice this season. That's only one more than Rawls has. So fumbling is a non-issue, IMO. Collins has 478 yards rushing and leads the NFL in ypc. He's definitely been more productive than any Seahawk running back this season.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3046409/alex-collins
    Last edited by hawkfan68 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• He looked like a completely different player then the seahawks had. Much slimmer and quicker.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

• It really is quite amazing what any decent RB can look like with an oline that can run block.

We would not know that going on our 3rd year now. But please be patient. :roll:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Watched. He ran a straight line many times and didn't get touched between 11 and 15 yards on each run. He had acouple good runs though.

This is the same reason why y'all thought Rawls was life in 2015. If big running lanes are there, any NFL RB can take advantage of them...with varrying downfield success. The mark of a good or great RB is creating. Not following a lane on a string that is provided for you where the bl8cking is perfect.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:
    FlyHawksFly wrote:He is in more fumble away from being benched.

Not sure where you are getting that he has a fumbling issue. He's only fumbled twice this season. That's only one more than Rawls has. So fumbling is a non-issue, IMO. Collins has 478 yards rushing and leads the NFL in ypc. He's definitely been more productive than any Seahawk running back this season.

He has been more productive than Rawls, Procise and Lacy COMBINED, and Baltimore is one of the leagues worst offenses (#31). :pukeface:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Yes, he has a line that can block better than our can. That is likely why you see better production.

That said, Buck Allen was also running for the Ravens and Collins was decidedly better.
    BullHawk33
    NET Starter

• hawkfan68 wrote:

It goes all the way back to college. Harbaugh addressed this in a press conference.
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:He looked like a completely different player then the seahawks had. Much slimmer and quicker.

Absolutely....He's running like he has something to prove to the folks who let him walk.
    The only one that I thought was a big question mark during pre-season, was Eddie Lacey & his fight to keep his weight down.
    Carson PROVED himself to be the #1 RB in the entire stable.
    LOL, I imagine ACHawkfan is feeling pretty justified in his arguments to keep Collins on the roster....and with good reason.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:He looked like a completely different player then the seahawks had. Much slimmer and quicker.

Lol I remember when the game first started and some back for Baltimore hit the hole like he was shot out of a cannon. I was like damn who is that. I was shocked when they said Alex Collins.
    RCATES
    NET Rookie

• scutterhawk wrote:LOL, I imagine ACHawkfan is feeling pretty justified in his arguments to keep Collins on the roster....and with good reason.

Agreed.

I'm not one that prescribes to the idea of dropping players in year two. If they were good enough to make your roster as a rookie, you definitely want to see what they do in year two.

I didn't necessarily like the Lacy signing. And I did argue for the release of him prior to the season. I just didn't feel like he did anything to warrant keeping him over Collins who was on a cheaper deal and was heading into his 2nd year.

Does he look different? Not really. He ran here decisively and with power. And was always gifted as a receiver. Seemed to be decent at pass blocking. He had a demonstrable burst.

Clearly the quick hitting power blocking scheme suits him better than the stretch zone. Overall, I'm very happy for him. Collins was one of my favorite picks in last years' draft. Hopefully there is a lesson to be learned when trying to run 2nd year players out of town prematurely. That 2nd year leap is usually the biggest of a player's career. Cutting them after year one is the equivalent of selling low.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:

He has been more productive than Rawls, Procise and Lacy COMBINED, and Baltimore is one of the leagues worst offenses (#31). :pukeface:

Exactly. Has nothing to do with the line. Hawks messed up. Simple as that. Ravens literally had no passing game after halftime when Flacco went out. Miami stacked the box and still didn't have a answer for Collins. He was our next Lynch. Sigh............. :34853_doh:
    RCATES
    NET Rookie

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Well, the Ravens have an O Line that can open holes, so there is that.......

THIS
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• RCATES wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:

Exactly. Has nothing to do with the line. Hawks messed up. Simple as that. Ravens literally had no passing game after halftime when Flacco went out. Miami stacked the box and still didn't have a answer for Collins. He was our next Lynch. Sigh............. :34853_doh:

Wrong!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• He had fumble problems here and did absolutely NOTHING as a Hawk. But yeah, they messed up :roll:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Well I always felt he was a talented back but just didn't seem to mesh with our system. TBH, other than Marshawn Lynch, I'm not sure any back meshes with our system. I will say, Carson looked like a good fit until he was injured.

I do laugh at posters calling out our FO for letting him go over other players. This board was pretty unanimous in its derision of Collins and more than happy to wave goodbye.

I still wish we had decided to go a different way with our OL blocking scheme. I'm just not sure with today's athletic DL that the classic zone scheme is a good scheme. More teams seem to be having more success with power man schemes. I don't think any of the backs on our roster are great fits for ZBS. Especially our mediocre version of it.

But right now its kind of late for an overhaul and as long as we are a successful team, I doubt Pete decides to about face our offensive identity. It would likely take a losing season to get him to re-do the whole thing.

I just hope Carson comes back healthy and can be the new back in our system. Lacy won't be here next year. Rawls is a shadow of his former self. Prosise is glass. JD is a good swiss army knife but not an every down RB. Davis is a JAG.
    Mad Dog
    NET Rookie

• RCATES wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:

It has everything to do with the line. Collins was beat out by those same players and had just as poor of production while he was here. Nobody runs through brick walls every play and gets any reasonable production.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• You can't always judge a decision based on the information that you've gathered over time, but to the point when the decision was made.
    Rawls, Lacy, Carson and Prosise was a fine RB unit, features a lot of different types of RBs that are all at least very good. Adding another one that was more of a gamble just didn't make sense back there.

Also, another important point is that we all have no idea how he would've done behind Seattle's OL that was even worse at run blocking than at pass protection this season.
    2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tedric Thompson
    AustrianHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• Maybe he just didn't like it here? Maybe he just didn't want to be here? "Shrug" that's my 2 cents
    Conference Championship: NFC: 2005, 2013, 2014
    Division Campionship: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014
    Superbowl Championship: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8

The Radish
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm: Please don't offend The Fonz like that. :roll:
    :les:
    Exittium
    NET Veteran

• Seymour wrote:
    RCATES wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:

It has everything to do with the line. Collins was beat out by those same players and had just as poor of production while he was here. Nobody runs through brick walls every play and gets any reasonable production.

So basically you're just verifying my original assessment. Hawks have no clue what they're doing on offense. Having the wrong players and scheme on the Offensive line is not Collins fault. How many years will it take for this staff to realize prime Lynch is gone. Its no wonder everyone outside of Seattle questions this teams ability to go far this year. They literally have no running game. Hopefully this offense can turn into the 2013 Bronco's. Otherwise we're screwed.
    RCATES
    NET Rookie

• RCATES wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    RCATES wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

So basically you're just verifying my original assessment. Hawks have no clue what they're doing on offense. Having the wrong players and scheme on the Offensive line is not Collins fault. How many years will it take for this staff to realize prime Lynch is gone. Its no wonder everyone outside of Seattle questions this teams ability to go far this year. They literally have no running game. Hopefully this offense can turn into the 2013 Bronco's. Otherwise we're screwed.

You mean in order to win you have to have both the number one defense and the number one offense?

I don't think we have to morph into the 2013 Broncos to go to a SB. I think we need to stay relatively healthy. Our defense is awesome. Our Special teams are awesome. Our Offense has Wilson. We'll be fine with even a mediocre line. We just need them to get to mediocre.
    Mad Dog
    NET Rookie

• Drama Town
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Mad Dog wrote:
    RCATES wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    RCATES wrote:

You mean in order to win you have to have both the number one defense and the number one offense?

I don't think we have to morph into the 2013 Broncos to go to a SB. I think we need to stay relatively healthy. Our defense is awesome. Our Special teams are awesome. Our Offense has Wilson. We'll be fine with even a mediocre line. We just need them to get to mediocre.

Not at all. I was speaking of the style the Bronco's played that year. Basically throwing the ball 80% of the time. The last 3 games its worked. But late in the season when the temps drop becoming one dimensional and not being able to run the football is going to spell trouble fast.
    RCATES
    NET Rookie

• Enough with Alex Collins he was a dud here. We didn't mess up because he's playing well, he's playing well because he got a wake up call and his OL is better then our OL. For the last 2 years he's looked like the 5th best back on the roster at best, literally 1 person(ACFan) went to bat for him on this board. Personally I still think he looks like a dud but that's probably just me being a hater. We could have hung on to him and he would have been the Justin Smoak of the Seahawks.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• RCATES wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    RCATES wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Yes, I would say that is pretty much accurate.

Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Two things going on here with AC.

1) Ravens have actually been a good run blocking team so far this year. They're at the bottom of the league in total offense because Flacco has been A W F U L. Take a look at his stats and look at the hand wringing going on with Ravens fans.
    2) Collins looks like he's slimmed down a little bit and is noticeably quicker.

He was absolutely buried on our depth chart and rightfully so. Seriously, the only RB on our roster that I would even read an argument for being cut instead of AC is Prosise -- and that's because Prosise has been injured for 90+% of his time here and hindsight is 20/20.

The hand-wringing and blind "der our offense is bad, evaluating offensive talent is bad, coaches are bad" is lazy and lacks much needed perspective.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• vin.couve12 wrote:Watched. He ran a straight line many times and didn't get touched between 11 and 15 yards on each run. He had acouple good runs though.

This is the same reason why y'all thought Rawls was life in 2015. If big running lanes are there, any NFL RB can take advantage of them...with varrying downfield success. The mark of a good or great RB is creating. Not following a lane on a string that is provided for you where the bl8cking is perfect.

Truth.

Running lanes have been non-existent here. But they are improving.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

• JGfromtheNW wrote:Two things going on here with AC.

1) Ravens have actually been a good run blocking team so far this year. They're at the bottom of the league in total offense because Flacco has been A W F U L. Take a look at his stats and look at the hand wringing going on with Ravens fans.
    2) Collins looks like he's slimmed down a little bit and is noticeably quicker.

He was absolutely buried on our depth chart and rightfully so. Seriously, the only RB on our roster that I would even read an argument for being cut instead of AC is Prosise -- and that's because Prosise has been injured for 90+% of his time here and hindsight is 20/20.

The hand-wringing and blind "der our offense is bad, evaluating offensive talent is bad, coaches are bad" is lazy and lacks much needed perspective.

Lacy was an obvious cut for me. I scratched my head when we signed him the first place. In the words of of Barkley he is TURRIBLE.
    Never thought much of him at Green Bay either. I get they wanted to add competition but man what an overpay for a mediocre talent at best.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:Enough with Alex Collins he was a dud here. We didn't mess up because he's playing well, he's playing well because he got a wake up call and his OL is better then our OL. For the last 2 years he's looked like the 5th best back on the roster at best, literally 1 person(ACFan) went to bat for him on this board. Personally I still think he looks like a dud but that's probably just me being a hater. We could have hung on to him and he would have been the Justin Smoak of the Seahawks.

Totally agree!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:I must admit I have to eat crow on Collins. I didn't think he was worth the roster spot. Boy was I wrong. He just never looked like much in the carries he had with us.

I think I point this out every couple of months, but I love your avatar.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• Eh. He was aiight. Miami did a terrible job tackling and putting themselves out of position. I'm happy he's doing well for himself but if they had to do it over again, I would still hope they would keep who they have. MAYBE trade places with Lacy. Carson is our future.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• it was pretty obvious... collins never got much of a chance here, and bringing lacy in was a mistake.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

• mrblitz wrote:it was pretty obvious... collins never got much of a chance here, and bringing lacy in was a mistake.

He got a lot of chances here... obviously our OL just really suck.. I wonder how good Rawls or Carson could be in another team.

Nice game by Collins again.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information