Watson is the real deal

Cc5674

Reaction score
Made a few mistakes but WOW!! How many rookies hang 38 on the Legion of Boom at home. Thank goodness the Texans have no pass defense.

IrishNW

Reaction score
he was really impressive. How about that texans offense. wishbone formation? Im jelly

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Love that Houston offense, O'Brien is creative with his play calling and plays to Watsons strengths and they make sure they target their play makers. That's how you coach offense. Watson is the real deal, what a stud.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Thankfully, O'Brien decided to go conservative in the end and that contributed to them losing the game. We'll take it!

IrishNW

Reaction score
adeltaY":2xjr4qi3 said:
Thankfully, O'Brien decided to go conservative in the end and that contributed to them losing the game. We'll take it!

yeah that was a HUGE coaching mistake

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Props to O'Brien for owning the loss on his shoulders - that is also good coaching.

Oh yeah, Watson is a stud. Mind blowing good for a rookie, he will probably cost other NFL coaches/GMs their jobs for not drafting him.

chris98251

Reaction score
You mean like the Browns who have passed on Wentz and Watson and a few others.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
IrishNW":soloskec said:
adeltaY":soloskec said:

No it wasn't. One first down and it's game over. Passing, they would've stopped the clock on incompletions and given us more time.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1hhmt0te said:
IrishNW":1hhmt0te said:
adeltaY":1hhmt0te said:

No it wasn't. One first down and it's game over. Passing, they would've stopped the clock on incompletions and given us more time.

one first down and the games over? no shit, thats why it was a mistake going conservative. if its incomplete who cares? If wilson gets the ball back hes scoring. hes done it his whole career.

Optimus25

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":26qkdkyj said:
Bears, Jets, 49ers, Jaguars, and Browns...

5 of the 11 teams that passed on Watson.

If you are a fan of any of those teams, you pretty much have to hate your management right now, right? You have to think they don't know what the hell they're doing.

I kept wondering... why isn't this guy a top 3 pick. He looked great in college -- cannon arm, mobility, character. What's wrong here? What am I missing? I said to my buddies, he should probably be the first pick, right? I must not understand football at all... because he looks great to me, like a QB that would be much better than Kaep... but the 49ers wanted no part of him. Confusing...Then the Bears pick someone I never even heard of at #2... He ain't terrible, but he ain't all that good either... his ceiling is what? Matt Hasselback? and that's if they get lucky. They passed on Watson for that crap.

I don't understand what they're looking at when it comes to QB's today.

On that note, i am soooo glad the niners passed.

Josea16

Reaction score
chris98251":1x27sry3 said:
You mean like the Browns who have passed on Wentz and Watson and a few others.
Cleveland is "The Factory of Sadness" incompetence is expected and a tradition just like the Mariners. Except Cleveland was the best in the 1950-60's and damn good in the 1980's with Brian Sipe and Kozar for a second.

Josea16

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2ti5av34 said:

If you are a fan of any of those teams, you pretty much have to hate your management right now, right? You have to think they don't know what the hell they're doing.

I kept wondering... why isn't this guy a top 3 pick. He looked great in college -- cannon arm, mobility, character. What's wrong here? What am I missing? I said to my buddies, he should probably be the first pick, right? I must not understand football at all... because he looks great to me, like a QB that would be much better than Kaep... but the 49ers wanted no part of him. Confusing...Then the Bears pick someone I never even heard of at #2... He ain't terrible, but he ain't all that good either... his ceiling is what? Matt Hasselback? and that's if they get lucky. They passed on Watson for that crap.

Tribinski's ceiling is far higher then Hasselbeck it's more like the current Alex Smith. Basically just as good as Watson will ever be with more upside. Also safer because he's straight traditional like Goff and Wentz. Dude is accurate like Smith and with actual weapons will make Erin's life hell very quickly.

Watson is similar to Wilson in certain ways in the fact he runs but he isn't really an off schedule type interestingly.

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
Composure, smarts and athletic ability..yeah, I was very impressed. Genuinely think the kid will be a top 5 QB over the years. I was fuming watching him pick apart our defense..noise, occasion didn’t faze him at all. Genuinely great to see..tbh I can only say this knowing we won!!

chris98251

Reaction score
Watson doesn't let the stage affect him much, that is a lot like Wilson as well, I did not see him panic or throw a fit over anything today.

Gusbusser

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":jp88i7o5 said:

As a Jags fan, no. I'm perfectly ok with not drafting him. I know the glitz is there right now but wait until next year to crown Watson. It's easy to get caught up in the frenzy but when a QB hits that 2nd year everyone has all the tape and it all comes back to Earth. I'm more than ecstatic with Fournette. The guy faces the most stacked boxes in the NFL and still dominates. Would still take him over Watson every day and twice on Sundays. Our team is built on strong defense and angry running.

NINEster

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2fwylwnp said:

Maybe the RG3 debacle has soured Shanahan on all "mobile QBs".

I would have been fine with Watson, but do realize that the Watson that has dazzled this season would not look quite this good in SF or a few other teams. Are the Niners and Browns in a bad enough situation where you hamper a rookie QB?

Not sure.

Definitely hope the team drafts a franchise QB next season. Whatever amount of wins that translates to and how it will adversely affect the 2019 draft shouldn't be a consideration at this point, LOL.

Also I think whomever the 49ers target at FA, Shanahan should tweak the offense to the QB a bit. Maybe not quite to the extent he did for RG3, but some.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
NFL
Page Liked · 7 hrs ·

Deshaun Watson is the first QB in NFL history to record 400+ passing yards, 55+ rushing yards, and 4 passing TDs in a game! #HOUvsSEA

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd say the more impressive stat is actually the one that involved both of them.

There have been three instances in NFL history where a QB threw for 400+ yards, four TDs, and rushed for 25+ yards.

Now there are five...in four games. Lol.