Seahawks 5-2

Predicted:

Eagles 12-4 - #1
Vikings 9-7 - #4
Saints 10-6 - #3
Rams 11-5 - #2

Wildcard:

Seahawks 10-6 #6
Cowboys 10-6 #5 (tiebreaker win over Seattle)

AFC looks a little too wide open to predict right now outside of 2 or 3 teams (NE, KC, PITT)

What do you guys think?

sdog1981

Reaction score
Which four teams beat the Seahawks? I don't think they will go 14-2 but who do you see them getting beat by?

SF49r

Reaction score
Rams, eagles ,and cowboys are probably the teams that beat Seattle maybe Jax if they can get some better qb play out of Bortles but that D is amazing.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
As the resident Eagles fan, I believe 1/2 is absolutely coming down to Seahawks/Eagles and that Dec 3rd game is going to be massive. With that, I take a look at both schedules and certainly think the Eagles have a tougher slate down the stretch which bodes well for the Hawks but the homerism in me is strong and I still think the Eagles get it done.

My take:

Eagles

DEN: W, I think we win this one at home. Denver's D is legit but their offense kinda stinks. Think the Eagles get it done.
BYE
@DAL: L, Is Zeke suspended? NFC East games are strange. This is in Dallas, on Sunday Night. I'll give this to Dallas.
CHI: W, Not much to be said here. Shouldn't be too difficult to win this at home.
@SEA: L, This is going to be tough to win on Sunday Night in Seattle. I expect a good game but I think you guys take this one.
@LAR: W, I don't see the Eagles losing both games out here on the West Coast. The Coliseum is NOT Century Link and I think the Eagles D will pressure Goff enough to escape with a W.
@ NYG: W. Giants have already kind of packed it in, I feel like that will be even more so at this point in the season.
OAK: W, This is a tough one for me but I'll give the Eagles the edge at home on Christmas Night. I think that building will be electric and make it a fun one but I think the Eagles win this one.
DAL: W, I see a split with Dallas. I gave Dallas the first one so I take this one. You could flip these if Zeke is suspended for the first matchup. If he is, he'll be back for this one.

So I have the Eagles at 13-3. I'm sure they'll drop a game they should win (@LAR, OAK, @NYG) so 13-3 probably isn't going to happen but it's hard for me to peg another L in any of those games right now.

SEA

WAS: W, They are a banged up football team right now....really bad on the injury front. Not that I'd pick them here anyway in Seattle.
@ARI: W, Arizona has nothing. Of course, these NFCW games are weird like the NFCE so who knows but I think you guys handle your business.
ATL: W. At home...Monday Night. Atlanta seems to be a disappointment this year. Could that change? Sure. Doubt it'll be here, though.
@SF: W. Won't waste keystrokes.
PHI: W, Already covered above.
@JAX: L, This is one of those weird games. 10AM start on the east coast in Jacksonville. That Jacksonville defense is very very good. I think this is going to be a tough one for the Hawks to leave with a W on.
LAR: W. Tough division game. Not sure if LAR will still be in the thick of the playoff/division hunt at this point but I think they will so who knows but again, that HFA plays big in this game. Hawks win.
@DAL: L, This comes back to the Zeke thing. Does he play? If he does, I like them to win here. If he doesn't, Seattle will win this going away. He is that important to that offense. If he is suspended starting this week, he's back for this game.
ARI: W. I just don't like the Cards even a little bit.

12-4, #2 Seed. Again, The Eagles typically ALWAYS drop at least one they shouldn't so a 12-4 finish from both with the Seahawks getting the #1 seed with the H2H tiebreaker would not shock me even a little bit.

The Rest:

#3: New Orleans Saints (11-5)
#4 Minnesota Vikings (10-6)
#5: Carolina Panthers (10-6)
#6: LA Rams (10-6 or 9-7)

If Zeke gets his injunction for the whole season (should know this week) then Dallas gets a WC. If not, they are going to sink quickly.

OP
OP
N

NINEster

Reaction score
sdog1981":1kusiil6 said:
Which four teams beat the Seahawks? I don't think they will go 14-2 but who do you see them getting beat by?

Going by a game by game basis I picture the December opponents of Eagles, Rams, Jags, Cowboys beating the Seahawks. Those are the teams that have the offense and/or defense to get it done. Eagles are a strong team, the Rams are the Rams, Jags @10 am with that defense at home, Cowboys at home with a team that fares well against the Hawks.

And by that token one expects them to win all of their November games (Skins, 49ers, Cardinals, Falcons), and the season finale against the Cards. These are all teams that have flaws and have struggled, with the non division games at home and the division opponents playing less than stellar football, to put it nicely.

But that's not how football has worked or ever will work. Even teams that finish 15-1 often lose to a team that is far from elite.

So I figure an even split November/December. Something like Skins and Cardinals winning, with the Eagles and Rams losing.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
We are not losing to Blake bortles.... and we don't drop a home game... 14-2 or 13-3... book it.. especially now with Duane brown.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I think the Eagles or Seahawks will be the #1. Whoever isn't #1 will be #2. I expect Seattle to take the game in Seattle, largely because of homefield.

Minnesota will be #3. They are this years equivalent to the 2015 Panthers and 2016 Cowboys. Not untalented, but playing above their heads with a weak schedule.

The Saints will take the south at #4. They're playing much better this year.

I think the wildcards are LA and Carolina. I don't love the Panthers, but the talent is there. Their big problem is the inability of Cammy and Riviera to take a punch in the mouth to start a game. Get a good start on them and Cam goes into his shell.

Maulbert

Reaction score
NINEster":yzhk700g said:
sdog1981":yzhk700g said:

Going by a game by game basis I picture the December opponents of Eagles, Rams, Jags, Cowboys beating the Seahawks. Those are the teams that have the offense and/or defense to get it done. Eagles are a strong team, the Rams are the Rams, Jags @10 am with that defense at home, Cowboys at home with a team that fares well against the Hawks.

And by that token one expects them to win all of their November games (Skins, 49ers, Cardinals, Falcons), and the season finale against the Cards. These are all teams that have flaws and have struggled, with the non division games at home and the division opponents playing less than stellar football, to put it nicely.

But that's not how football has worked or ever will work. Even teams that finish 15-1 often lose to a team that is far from elite.

So I figure an even split November/December. Something like Skins and Cardinals winning, with the Eagles and Rams losing.

Fun fact: since drafting Russell Wilson, the Seahawks are 15-4 in November, and 17-5 in December, for a combined record of 32-9 in those months. You seriously expect us to turn into a .500 team suddenly? No credibility.

OP
OP
N

NINEster

Reaction score
Maulbert":37dc864p said:
NINEster":37dc864p said:
sdog1981":37dc864p said:

Fun fact: since drafting Russell Wilson, the Seahawks are 15-4 in November, and 17-5 in December, for a combined record of 32-9 in those months. You seriously expect us to turn into a .500 team suddenly? No credibility.

Somehow the Hawks have been a 10 win team the last two seasons.

We'll see.

BTW, I have the team being above .500 to finish.

Josea16

Reaction score
NINEster":ukobax47 said:
Currently:

Eagles 7-1
Vikings 6-2
Saints 5-2
Rams 5-2
Seahawks 5-2

Predicted:

Eagles 12-4 - #1
Vikings 9-7 - #4
Saints 10-6 - #3
Rams 11-5 - #2

Wildcard:

Seahawks 10-6 #6
Cowboys 10-6 #5 (tiebreaker win over Seattle)

AFC looks a little too wide open to predict right now outside of 2 or 3 teams (NE, KC, PITT)

What do you guys think?
C'mon man...

1. Seahawks 13-3
2. Saints 12-4
3. Vikings 12-4
4. Eagles 11-5
5. Rams 11-5
6. Panthers 10-6

sdog1981

Reaction score
Josea16":qk39qg3s said:
C'mon man...

1. Seahawks 13-3
2. Saints 12-4
3. Vikings 12-4
4. Eagles 11-5
5. Rams 11-5
6. Panthers 10-6

22 wins by the Saints and Panthers. Do you think Atlanta is going to implode? I think they are starting to fall apart and Tampa Bay is shocking how bad they are.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Okay, so the Rams are winning the division? This is ridiculous man. Not impossible, but unlikely. They are MUCH improved, but come on. They're beating us in Seattle, where they've won once since 2004? Okay. I can see your point about the Eagles, Cowboys, and Jags. Totally could lose all of those but let's say we go 1-2 there. Lose one out of Skins, Cards x2, Niners, and Falcons. That's 11-5.

Look, anything can happen. We could go 5-11. 11-5 or better seems much more likely.

To kj1985: the way your team's been playing, I think you're selling them short man. Nice to see a reasonable, humble fan though, really respect that. We now know Zeke is suspended starting this week so I think that y'all win @DAL and lose vs. DAL because of the division rival thing and also aren't you guys susceptible at the Linc vs. the Boys lately? Not sure tbh. You will destroy the Raiders.... Carr is vastly overrated and their defense SUCKS. I think the Eagles can make it to 13-3 but it depends on how good Big V is at filling in for Peters and if Wentz can keep improving. Dude's making plays but there are some weirdly inaccurate throws and off-decisions mixed in there. Great team overall, really the only one playing true complimentary football in the league at this point.

Josea16

Reaction score
sdog1981":7smystzi said:
Josea16":7smystzi said:
C'mon man...

1. Seahawks 13-3
2. Saints 12-4
3. Vikings 12-4
4. Eagles 11-5
5. Rams 11-5
6. Panthers 10-6

22 wins by the Saints and Panthers. Do you think Atlanta is going to implode? I think they are starting to fall apart and Tampa Bay is shocking how bad they are.
Yes and yes. We will make sure in Atlanta's case straight up. Especially given we now have an actual NFL OL line starting next Sunday.

I figure Russell Wilson with nothing and 5-2 is good enough for 9-0/8-1 with Duane Brown protecting his blind side. 452 yards and 4 touchdowns when they quit screwing around honey.

And yeah Carolina is good for 9-10 wins and New Orleans is a Superbowl contender given Brees has Ingram and his special K stablemate. Luckily our defense is still special and now our OL will be decent going forward.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
adeltaY":16wgr5v1 said:
To kj1985: the way your team's been playing, I think you're selling them short man. Nice to see a reasonable, humble fan though, really respect that. We now know Zeke is suspended starting this week so I think that y'all win @DAL and lose vs. DAL because of the division rival thing and also aren't you guys susceptible at the Linc vs. the Boys lately? Not sure tbh. You will destroy the Raiders.... Carr is vastly overrated and their defense SUCKS. I think the Eagles can make it to 13-3 but it depends on how good Big V is at filling in for Peters and if Wentz can keep improving. Dude's making plays but there are some weirdly inaccurate throws and off-decisions mixed in there. Great team overall, really the only one playing true complimentary football in the league at this point.

I've been an Eagles fan since I started watching football when I was 6 (26 years ago) and I've been through countless seasons of heartbreak with this team so I try to temper my expectations and be realistic until I am given a reason to feel otherwise :D

With that, I think as you said with Zeke being suspended that it bodes very well for that first matchup @DAL in three weeks that I did have as a loss. I think it's certainly more winnable now but it's still a tough division game so who knows. Nothing will surprise me there but I certainly feel a little more confident now than I did when I created my original post.

But yes, the Cowboys have played well in Philly the last few years but very different teams so I don't worry much about that.

Big V was decent on Sunday and should be sufficient enough to hold up, at least I hope. Time will tell....tough matchup for them this week with that Denver defense so I am curious to see how that goes.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
Josea16":36whwjyk said:
C'mon man...

1. Seahawks 13-3
2. Saints 12-4
3. Vikings 12-4
4. Eagles 11-5
5. Rams 11-5
6. Panthers 10-6

Based off your post that I read the other day, you aren't even remotely a believer in the Eagles and that is fine. But I am just curious, where do you have them losing their next four? @SEA...and?

adeltaY

Reaction score
LOL don't worry. The Eagles would have to completely implode or suffer some crazy injuries to fall to 11-5. I think 12-4 is the absolute floor. Denver's defense is probably the best in the league but their stats won't show it due to their offense being really bad and hanging them out to dry almost every game. So y'all should beat them comfortably unless Os somehow does much better than Siemian. The Bears miiiight be a sneaky tough game, but like you said it's at home so I doubt the birds will lose. IDK how that guy found four more losses in your schedule. Possible, but highly unlikely.

It's not like the time y'all started 9-3 under Chip ;)

xkj1985x

Reaction score
adeltaY":11ss1kd2 said:
LOL don't worry. The Eagles would have to completely implode or suffer some crazy injuries to fall to 11-5. I think 12-4 is the absolute floor. Denver's defense is probably the best in the league but their stats won't show it due to their offense being really bad and hanging them out to dry almost every game. So y'all should beat them comfortably unless Os somehow does much better than Siemian. The Bears miiiight be a sneaky tough game, but like you said it's at home so I doubt the birds will lose. IDK how that guy found four more losses in your schedule. Possible, but highly unlikely.

It's not like the time y'all started 9-3 under Chip ;)

That Bears game is interesting, as you said. I don't think they lose it but as I mentioned a few posts ago, the Eagles ALWAYS lose a game they absolutely shouldn't at least once per year. They haven't done that yet so that could be the one although I'm more inclined to say it'll be @NYG.

In terms of this weekend...that Denver D is obviously for real and I'll be curious to see how the Eagles attack it. It does sound like Brock Osweiler is going to be the starter for Denver and Emmanuel Sanders is supposedly coming back, too....so that one could be a trip up game. I think the Eagles pass rush will get it done at the end.

If they can get past Denver, I think 10-1 coming into Seattle is very plausible.

Been to every Eagles-Seahawks game since my first ever NFL game in 2001 at Husky Stadium and am planning on going to this one as well but man, it's going to be a hot (very pricey) ticket...as if it wasn't already top dollar to get in. Should be fun.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
xkj1985x":24ye826q said:
As the resident Eagles fan, I believe 1/2 is absolutely coming down to Seahawks/Eagles and that Dec 3rd game is going to be massive. With that, I take a look at both schedules and certainly think the Eagles have a tougher slate down the stretch which bodes well for the Hawks but the homerism in me is strong and I still think the Eagles get it done.

My take:

Eagles

DEN: W, I think we win this one at home. Denver's D is legit but their offense kinda stinks. Think the Eagles get it done.
BYE
@DAL: L, Is Zeke suspended? NFC East games are strange. This is in Dallas, on Sunday Night. I'll give this to Dallas.
CHI: W, Not much to be said here. Shouldn't be too difficult to win this at home.
@SEA: L, This is going to be tough to win on Sunday Night in Seattle. I expect a good game but I think you guys take this one.
@LAR: W, I don't see the Eagles losing both games out here on the West Coast. The Coliseum is NOT Century Link and I think the Eagles D will pressure Goff enough to escape with a W.
@ NYG: W. Giants have already kind of packed it in, I feel like that will be even more so at this point in the season.
OAK: W, This is a tough one for me but I'll give the Eagles the edge at home on Christmas Night. I think that building will be electric and make it a fun one but I think the Eagles win this one.
DAL: W, I see a split with Dallas. I gave Dallas the first one so I take this one. You could flip these if Zeke is suspended for the first matchup. If he is, he'll be back for this one.

So I have the Eagles at 13-3. I'm sure they'll drop a game they should win (@LAR, OAK, @NYG) so 13-3 probably isn't going to happen but it's hard for me to peg another L in any of those games right now.

SEA

WAS: W, They are a banged up football team right now....really bad on the injury front. Not that I'd pick them here anyway in Seattle.
@ARI: W, Arizona has nothing. Of course, these NFCW games are weird like the NFCE so who knows but I think you guys handle your business.
ATL: W. At home...Monday Night. Atlanta seems to be a disappointment this year. Could that change? Sure. Doubt it'll be here, though.
@SF: W. Won't waste keystrokes.
PHI: W, Already covered above.
@JAX: L, This is one of those weird games. 10AM start on the east coast in Jacksonville. That Jacksonville defense is very very good. I think this is going to be a tough one for the Hawks to leave with a W on.
LAR: W. Tough division game. Not sure if LAR will still be in the thick of the playoff/division hunt at this point but I think they will so who knows but again, that HFA plays big in this game. Hawks win.
@DAL: L, This comes back to the Zeke thing. Does he play? If he does, I like them to win here. If he doesn't, Seattle will win this going away. He is that important to that offense. If he is suspended starting this week, he's back for this game.
ARI: W. I just don't like the Cards even a little bit.

12-4, #2 Seed. Again, The Eagles typically ALWAYS drop at least one they shouldn't so a 12-4 finish from both with the Seahawks getting the #1 seed with the H2H tiebreaker would not shock me even a little bit.

The Rest:

#3: New Orleans Saints (11-5)
#4 Minnesota Vikings (10-6)
#5: Carolina Panthers (10-6)
#6: LA Rams (10-6 or 9-7)

If Zeke gets his injunction for the whole season (should know this week) then Dallas gets a WC. If not, they are going to sink quickly.

The Rams have not been good at home this year..

But, I've never seen a team have to travel to the far West coast in back to back weeks...the NFL tried to avoid an East coast team having to do this in the same year, period, before the Rams moved back to LA.

So, here's the deal. On a neutral field, I think Eagles would be favored over the Rams. The Rams haven't been good at home - but despite that, I don't think you can say that the Eagles *should* beat the Rams in LA. The Rams have looked just as impressive as the Eagles in some ways. I think the Rams will be favored and will ultimately win the game because the Eagles will be traveling West (or staying out there) for a 2nd consecutive week....but it's certainly not a game the Eagles *should* win....it's a toss up.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
It'll take a lot for the Rams to win the West. Really needed Houston to pull that game out.

I think based on the tie breaking procedures that the Rams would have a shot if Seattle lost to us, Dallas and Jacksonville. It would come down to winning % in common games and then conference record, and that's too much for me to figure out right now...especially since winning in Seattle is so unlikely.

I would be thrilled if the Rams just make the playoffs.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2804s9df said:
The Rams have not been good at home this year..

But, I've never seen a team have to travel to the far West coast in back to back weeks...the NFL tried to avoid an East coast team having to do this in the same year, period, before the Rams moved back to LA.

So, here's the deal. On a neutral field, I think Eagles would be favored over the Rams. The Rams haven't been good at home - but despite that, I don't think you can say that the Eagles *should* beat the Rams in LA. The Rams have looked just as impressive as the Eagles in some ways. I think the Rams will be favored and will ultimately win the game because the Eagles will be traveling West (or staying out there) for a 2nd consecutive week....but it's certainly not a game the Eagles *should* win....it's a toss up.

I hear you. I probably shouldn't be as comfortable with that game as I am. I think the reasoning I had was two part

1) I just don't see them losing both games back to back and I think their chances of getting that win in LA as opposed to SEA is greater just because Century Link is so tough for opposing teams.

2) The Eagles aren't going back to Philly after the Seattle game. They are going right down to LA and will stay/practice the whole week there. I think that helps a lot with this scheduling. They'll be in that pacific time zone mode by the time that game rolls around.

The Rams are a very good team so it won't be easy and the Eagles could easily lose it but as I sit here today, I'm fairly confident they won't but again, if they do, I won't be even a tiny bit surprised.

Latest posts