Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Niners Give Patriots 2nd Rd for Garoppolo

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • So let me get this straight...

Instead of trading Graphole for Hoyer + lower pick, Niners release Hoyer and NE picks him up? And then they give Hoyer the rest of his $2M signing bonus?

He goes to bed 0-8 and wakes up 6-2.

Hilarious.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion...man." - The Dude
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran

• I remember this guy getting alot of hype from the 2014 draft, still was a 2nd round draft choice. It feels like were getting a rookie right now except this rookie has 4 years experience on a NFL team,so like any other rookie we don't know how hes going to do as a starter. In the 2 games he started he did seem to play at a high level but it was on New England and they can get anyone to play at a high level. We do have Kyle Shanahan though one of the best offensive minds in today's NFL and this was a guy that Shanahan really wanted so that makes me a bit optimistic hes going to play well. Hes definitely not a Cassel or Hoyer though that's for sure there's a reason why those guys went in the 7th round and undrafted, this guy was a 2nd round pick so hes obviously talented.
    SF49r
    NET Starter

• SF49r wrote:I remember this guy getting alot of hype from the 2014 draft, still was a 2nd round draft choice. It feels like were getting a rookie right now except this rookie has 4 years experience on a NFL team,so like any other rookie we don't know how hes going to do as a starter. In the 2 games he started he did seem to play at a high level but it was on New England and they can get anyone to play at a high level. We do have Kyle Shanahan though one of the best offensive minds in today's NFL and this was a guy that Shanahan really wanted so that makes me a bit optimistic hes going to play well. Hes definitely not a Cassel or Hoyer though that's for sure there's a reason why those guys went in the 7th round and undrafted, this guy was a 2nd round pick so hes obviously talented.

All true, but Johnny Football was a first round pick.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Niner fans better hope Garappolo is the guy, because right now, C. J. Beathard has more pro experience.

The Iowa rookie has now thrown more career passes than new teammate Jimmy Garoppolo, a stat that shouldn't last long. New England's surprise offer to the 49ers could not have come at a better time, because Beathard was not ready for NFL action in four outings where even his short passes were often off the mark.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000870774/article/midseason-qb-index-tom-brady-carson-wentz-wow
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Good, don't want him to die behind this line.
    SF49r
    NET Starter

• CHawkTailGator wrote:So let me get this straight...

Instead of trading Graphole for Hoyer + lower pick, Niners release Hoyer and NE picks him up? And then they give Hoyer the rest of his $2M signing bonus?

Hilarious.

Hilarious....and not accurate.

Would have been the same pick regardless. They didn't send a higher pick because Hoyer wasn't in the trade. Only reason NE didn't take Hoyer in trade was the $$$$.

NE wanted lower $$$$ price.

Everyone KNEW Hoyer was likely going back to NE. It wasn't a surprise. That was the plan.

To me this looks a lot like Montana/Young - Favre/Rodgers if SF or GB had made the opposite choice. Would Young or Rodgers have been a stud in another offense? I have no clue. Thats no guarantee surely that Garoppolo will be anything at all, but I think he's worth a bit of excitement as a possible franchise QB. Of course tho, no guarantees.

As for comparisons to Cassel, Brissett, Mallett.....to me its a different situation. None of those guys were ever viewed as a heir apparent to Brady. That doesn't mean he'll be great, but Cassel didn't start a single game in college. Brissett was interesting but was never thought to be the guy after the guy. Mallett was a head case from the start.

Garoppolo is a different animal. People can dismiss all they want about him being "another backup NE QB" all they want and dismiss it, but IMO this is a different animal. He was a 2nd rounder to start. He was a highly productive 4 year starter in college. He was LOVED in NE.

I can't wait to see him play and I think he fits the offense perfectly. Every draft able QB is a crap shoot and this guy actually has some NFL exp. Win-Win to me considering its only a high 2 and not that 1st rounder. Now they can do whatever they want with that 1st rounder.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• To be clear, the exact quote was "I can't guarantee he doesn't play this week and I can't guarantee he'll play this year".

He'll be active as the backup this weekend.

I think the media is making much more out of that comment than was intended, but to be honest if he doesn't play at all I'd be fine with it. I doubt thats what will happen though.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    CHawkTailGator wrote:So let me get this straight...

Hilarious.

Hilarious....and not accurate.

Would have been the same pick regardless. They didn't send a higher pick because Hoyer wasn't in the trade. Only reason NE didn't take Hoyer in trade was the $$$$.

NE wanted lower $$$$ price.

Everyone KNEW Hoyer was likely going back to NE. It wasn't a surprise. That was the plan.

To me this looks a lot like Montana/Young - Favre/Rodgers if SF or GB had made the opposite choice. Would Young or Rodgers have been a stud in another offense? I have no clue. Thats no guarantee surely that Garoppolo will be anything at all, but I think he's worth a bit of excitement as a possible franchise QB. Of course tho, no guarantees.

As for comparisons to Cassel, Brissett, Mallett.....to me its a different situation. None of those guys were ever viewed as a heir apparent to Brady. That doesn't mean he'll be great, but Cassel didn't start a single game in college. Brissett was interesting but was never thought to be the guy after the guy. Mallett was a head case from the start.

Garoppolo is a different animal. People can dismiss all they want about him being "another backup NE QB" all they want and dismiss it, but IMO this is a different animal. He was a 2nd rounder to start. He was a highly productive 4 year starter in college. He was LOVED in NE.

I can't wait to see him play and I think he fits the offense perfectly. Every draft able QB is a crap shoot and this guy actually has some NFL exp. Win-Win to me considering its only a high 2 and not that 1st rounder. Now they can do whatever they want with that 1st rounder.

Love how hard people put Marvin to work defending a very good QB.

"He's only a 2nd round QB....coulda got a first rounder next year"....

All of this from a fanbase with a 5'6" guy from the 3rd round.

Funny.

From limited action in 2 games, the Jimmy G eye test already looks very good.

The only question I have in my mind with Garoppolo is how many games will it take for him to better than Wilson. Probably 1 - 1.5 season's worth for the actual playing ability, and another season perhaps for the production. Can't match up immediately without the horses.

Shouldn't take too long based on how fast Kap overtook Wilson with a half season head start of game experience, and only an extra season of practice experience.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

• NINEster wrote:Love how hard people put Marvin to work defending a very good QB.

Funny.

The only question I have in my mind with Garoppolo is how many games will it take for him to better than Wilson. Probably 1 - 1.5 season's worth for the actual playing ability, and another season perhaps for the production. Can't match up immediately without the horses.

Shouldn't take too long based on how fast Kap overtook Wilson with a half season head start of game experience, and only an extra season of practice experience.

What a homer. Kaepernick was never better than Wilson by any metric. Keep believing your little delusions. If Kaepernick was so good, why isn't he still in Santa Clara? 4-20 in his last 24 starts. Just keep believing Janeane Garofolo is going to save your team. It's the only miserable hope you'll have as your team slides to another top 3 pick. Only an idiot would legitimately suggest he'll be better than Wilson based on a 2 game sample size.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    NINEster wrote:Love how hard people put Marvin to work defending a very good QB.

Funny.

What a homer. Kaepernick was never better than Wilson by any metric. Keep believing your little delusions. If Kaepernick was so good, why isn't he still in Santa Clara? 4-20 in his last 24 starts. Just keep believing Janeane Garofolo is going to save your team. It's the only miserable hope you'll have as your team slides to another top 3 pick. Only an idiot would legitimately suggest he'll be better than Wilson based on a 2 game sample size.

LMFAO.

I love the Garofolo quip.

We'll revisit in 2 months and then 2 years.

EDIT: Shanahan just said the Niners playbook takes two years to master. Might need a little more time.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

• Brissett
    Hoyor
    Mallett
    Cassel
    Garoppolo

We be scared.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• NINEster wrote:Shouldn't take too long based on how fast Kap overtook Wilson with a half season head start of game experience, and only an extra season of practice experience.

Holy shit, do 9ers fans still think Kaep was better than Wilson? LOL.

Kaep could throw the ball really hard at his first read and run really fast in a straight line. I guess he's better than RW at those two things :roll:
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Wow. Kaep was getting better but he was never close to as good as Wilson. I discount the Niners lol worthy record because they suck and it wasn't all Kaep fault. BTW the Browns may be 1-23 under Hue but the Niners have been 2-22 in the same period LOL.

The only QBs better than Wilson have been in the league for much longer than he has. Except Dak.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• My QB is better. No mine is better. No mine is better. Hahahahaha. Thanks all I needed a good read today. All I read is slurp gulp and slurp. Hahahahaha

One QB has done NOTHING yet (Garoppolo)
    One can’t get a job (Kapercrap)
    The other has a winning record and a Super Bowl in this Decade.

Um the pinball machine says TILT lol
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• Wilson is amazing why is this a debate lol
    SF49r
    NET Starter

• SF49r wrote:Wilson is amazing why is this a debate lol

Because NINEster is a troll.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Grab a Ho is I think being envisioned as Mattie Ice in the Mouse's eyes, Daddies The Rat by the way. We will watch this unfold, Ryan did not have a division like this to hone his skill set, Panthers were terrible for a long time, Bucs a disaster, Saints not a real punishing team on defense since Bounty Gate. He was able to grow and learn pretty safely.

Grab a Ho is going to be going against 3 very good to decent defensive teams twice a year in his own division. In this division alone he will have to learn to just survive as the 49ers rebuild pretty much everything around him.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• 9stertroll wrote:

+++++++++++++++++++++++

That’s some funny shit right there!
    You may want to review their career stats to educate yourself on the topic.
    Hint: it don’t look good for your guy “Captain One read and run”.

One guy is still playing, one guy is not.
    One guy has got his team to the playoffs every year he has been in the league, one guy has not.
    One guy went to back to back Super Bowls one guy did not.
    One guy has a Super Bowl ring, one guy does not.

Do the math.

I know you are just trolling, but this was one of your worst efforts to date.
    When you have other niner fans calling you out, it’s a lot like your team’s last couple of years, an epic failure!

Hope you are enjoying the Niners rebuild, we certainly are! :lol:

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:9stertroll wrote:

+++++++++++++++++++++++

One guy has got his team to the playoffs every year he has been in the league, one guy has not.

Do the math.

When you have other niner fans calling you out, it’s a lot like your team’s last couple of years, an epic failure!

Damn bud why so mean. Hahahaha.

I for one am enjoying the rebuild. It gives me time to venture out and make my business bigger lol. Jk seriously I think we are finally getting competent people in charge and in place. We just need to get the players. I hope Garoppolo is it. It will make the rebuild easier.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

• rlkats wrote:Damn bud why so mean. Hahahaha.

Not targeted at you, obviously, but honestly, I don't think anyone here wants to kick a wounded dog, NINEster just brings it out.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• rlkats wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:9stertroll wrote:

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Do the math.

I for one am enjoying the rebuild. It gives me time to venture out and make my business bigger lol. Jk seriously I think we are finally getting competent people in charge and in place. We just need to get the players. I hope Garoppolo is it. It will make the rebuild easier.
    Interesting choice given the sample size is small. But the price is small and Cleveland has got to be pissed.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• NINEster wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    NINEster wrote:Love how hard people put Marvin to work defending a very good QB.

Funny.

LMFAO.

I love the Garofolo quip.

We'll revisit in 2 months and then 2 years.

EDIT: Shanahan just said the Niners playbook takes two years to master. Might need a little more time.
    Correction: it took Matt Ryan two years to master, with JG it might take 5-10 years or after Wilson is retired and a 4-5 time Superbowl winner. The thing is the Seahawk organization is exactly like Dallas and San Francisco before the cap came in. Totally proactive not reactive.

Or worse being a zombie like Tom Brady or George Blanda and play until he's 50 and watch Wilson win like 7-8 Superbowl rings. Garrapolo is really good at watching just check out Brady on YouTube on the subject.

Should have paid the money for Cousins if they insist on not drafting a quarterback in a draft loaded with very probable tier 1 quarterbacks like 1983. But York is a dumbass as usual.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran

• rlkats wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:9stertroll wrote:

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Do the math.

....and I thought that was my “nice material”. 8)
    Unfortunately for cool niner fans like yourself Kats, the turd in the punchbowl is the guy running things; Jedthro.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Thank you Jimmy G. for bringing my hatred of Niner fans back. Been a while!
    "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."---LP Hartley
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information