Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Kelvin Benjamin traded to Buffalo....

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Kelvin Benjamin traded to Buffalo....
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:16 pm
  • WOW

"Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Re: Kelvin Benjamin traded to Buffalo....
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:46 pm
  • The Eddie Lacy of WR's
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:50 pm
  • What are the Panthers thinking? They just gave up their best and most consistent receiving threat. Wow! That's terrible decision making. Now the Bills have a buttload of big WRs - Benjamin, Matthews, etc. Bills came out on top in this trade by a wide margin.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:53 pm
  • sdog1981 wrote:The Eddie Lacy of WR's

yep they both like to eat a lot...
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:57 pm
  • Who will Cam Newton overthrow now? Funchess is their #1. Rough.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:59 pm
  • Im rooting for the Bills to make the playoffs. It's been Mariners esq how long a draught they have.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• still baffled by this trade to be honest... like to me that would be like us getting rid of Baldwin.
    Conference Championship: NFC: 2005, 2013, 2014
    Division Campionship: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014
    Superbowl Championship: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8

The Radish
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm: Please don't offend The Fonz like that. :roll:
    :les:
    Exittium
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:15 pm
  • I bet the press conference with Scam Newton was nothing but sullen silence...
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:33 pm
  • Exittium wrote:still baffled by this trade to be honest... like to me that would be like us getting rid of Baldwin.

Funchess is a younger/cheaper option than Benjamin with a similar skill set and will takeover his role. They want the speedy WR's like Samuel, Shepherd to play more opposite of Funchess. Apparently they weren't planning on re-signing Benjamin in the off-season, and trading him now opens up more cap space while getting two draft picks for 2018.
    massari
    NET Veteran

• massari wrote:
    Exittium wrote:still baffled by this trade to be honest... like to me that would be like us getting rid of Baldwin.

Funchess is a younger/cheaper option than Benjamin with a similar skill set and will takeover his role. They want the speedy WR's like Samuel, Shepherd to play more opposite of Funchess. Apparently they weren't planning on re-signing Benjamin in the off-season, and trading him now opens up more cap space while getting two draft picks for 2018.

That, Benjamin's knee is a ticking time bomb, he's lazy at times, Olsen is returning in two weeks, there is a precedent of production without him (2015), and, without speed (ability to stretch the field), his presence on the field was slowing down the running game. It's a risk since he is a physical talent (and last weeks easy TD is Exhibit A) but there are reasons. We'll see.
    ctrcat
    NET Veteran

• The Panthers' best WR is a rookie RB and their best RB is their pouty QB. Season over.

Except for McCaffrey fantasy owners.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:17 am
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:The Panthers' best WR is a rookie RB and their best RB is their pouty QB. Season over.

A top 5 D in every major category means the season isn’t over by a long shot. Issues, yes, but will be in the conversation at a minimum two months from now.
    ctrcat
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:26 am
  • ctrcat wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:The Panthers' best WR is a rookie RB and their best RB is their pouty QB. Season over.

A top 5 D in every major category means the season isn’t over by a long shot. Issues, yes, but will be in the conversation at a minimum two months from now.

2 months from now is after the regular season has ended. There will be no conversation as it will be decided who's in and who's out by January 1.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:35 am
  • kidhawk wrote:
    ctrcat wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:The Panthers' best WR is a rookie RB and their best RB is their pouty QB. Season over.

2 months from now is after the regular season has ended. There will be no conversation as it will be decided who's in and who's out by January 1.

Well it wasn’t meant to be taken quite that literally but yes I do think barring yet another injury to Cam or Kuechly they’ll have a seat at the playoff table if not more. A loss at home to the Falcons would be a blow in a tangible and intangible way, but I expect a strong second half with 5 home games and/or many favorable matchups.
    ctrcat
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:58 am
  • I was saying it more in jest than literally. I don't think your seasons over, like you said the D has been playing great, but it's going to be a tough season unless you guys can get more consistency out of your O.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:04 pm
  • ^Indeed, among other things they really need Olsen and Ryan Kalil back.
    ctrcat
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:08 pm
  • This is a puzzling move IMHO.. Its not like anyone in that division is running away with it, yet the Panthers trade off one of their top targets for picks next year.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:45 pm
  • KB was severely overrated and couldn't get separation on most of his routes. Also couldn't use his massive frame effectively with any consistency.

Still, the Panthers aren't looking good. Their offense is pathetic and SCam has been awful outside the NE and DET games. 10 TD and 11 INT at this point is terrible. The Saints are the team to beat in the NFCS and already stomped the Panthers in Carolina.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:54 pm
  • ^ Just a quirky fact that’s hard to explain or rationalize, but after being divisional rivals for over two decades, the Panthers have a winning record overall and better record in New Orleans against the Saints than in Charlotte. Fwiw.
    ctrcat
    NET Veteran

• gowazzu02 wrote:Im rooting for the Bills to make the playoffs. It's been Mariners esq how long a draught they have.

Please do not insulted the Bills like that. The M's are the Cleveland Browns of the MLB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

• dopeboy206 wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:Im rooting for the Bills to make the playoffs. It's been Mariners esq how long a draught they have.

Please do not insulted the Bills like that. The M's are the Cleveland Browns of the MLB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are worse than the Browns. If the M lost 100 games every year then that would be something but no they stick right around MLB purgatory winning 75-80 games a year never good and never bad.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• The Panthers are now 16-1 without Benjamin in the last 3 seasons.
    ctrcat
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:36 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:

Ha, Cam definitely had a lot to say yesterday. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JV5fgtQVPsU
    Last edited by ctrcat on Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ctrcat
    NET Veteran

• KitsapGuy wrote:

Ominous . . . LMAO. :P
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• FTF as always, that Julio drop was devastating for them and for that reason I love it. SCam still pretty awful though. Not as bad as crab legs this season, but that isn't saying much.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:FTF as always, that Julio drop was devastating for them and for that reason I love it. SCam still pretty awful though. Not as bad as crab legs this season, but that isn't saying much.

Stewart also fumbled twice in Falcons territory.

Cam was outstanding yesterday. He was awful against the Saints and wasn’t great against the Eagles or Bears but outrageously awful play calling to throw on 3rd/4th and 1 in Eagles territory on the would-be game winning drive and some ridiculously fluky defensive TD’s in the Bears game were the difference in those games. Also remember he had offseason surgery and no pre/offseason. No comparison to Winston.
    ctrcat
    NET Veteran

• ctrcat wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:FTF as always, that Julio drop was devastating for them and for that reason I love it. SCam still pretty awful though. Not as bad as crab legs this season, but that isn't saying much.

Cam was outstanding yesterday. He was awful against the Saints and wasn’t great against the Eagles or Bears but outrageously awful play calling to throw on 3rd/4th and 1 in Eagles territory on the would-be game winning drive and some ridiculously fluky defensive TD’s in the Bears game were the difference in those games. Also remember he had offseason surgery and no pre/offseason. No comparison to Winston.

Cam ran the ball well, but 13/24 (54.2%) for 137 yards is not that outstanding. It's been like a month since he had a good passing game, and now he will be without Benjamin, permanently. Honestly, I would be concerned about making the playoffs if I were a Panthers fan. Saints and Falcons on the road just got tougher.
    hawknation2017
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2017 wrote:
    ctrcat wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:FTF as always, that Julio drop was devastating for them and for that reason I love it. SCam still pretty awful though. Not as bad as crab legs this season, but that isn't saying much.

Cam ran the ball well, but 13/24 (54.2%) for 137 yards is not that outstanding. It's been like a month since he had a good passing game, and now he will be without Benjamin, permanently. Honestly, I would be concerned about making the playoffs if I were a Panthers fan. Saints and Falcons on the road just got tougher.

Panthers fans have learned to expect little when much is expected and vice-versa. But yesterday was big. Cam’s energy and presence could be felt in the stadium if not seen in the stats sheet. He had his fastball and accuracy when needed and many runs were of the man against boys/back breaking on a D/3rd/4th down conversion kind.

With a manageable schedule, Olsen coming back, and now officially the #1 D I’d objectively say odds are great if history hadn’t said to say so with some caution. Ha.
    ctrcat
    NET Veteran

• Crab legs has been injured as well tbf, but I get your point. Can't really say SCam played that well with those stats, but he got the W, which is more than we can say for our team this week. I think he's gonna need to access the sexist powerup to put up a good statistical game. Keep your ears peeled during this week's press conferences.

Nonetheless, the Saints are legit now with Lattimore helping to improve that defense and an excellent running game. Kamara is awesome, and not just cuz he's been doing work for me in fantasy haha. Saints already destroyed y'all at home so IDK how it's gonna go in the Dome. ICE might be able to snag a W against you guys at the end of the season in their Dome even if it's just to play spoiler.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:Still, the Panthers aren't looking good. Their offense is pathetic and SCam has been awful outside the NE and DET games. 10 TD and 11 INT at this point is terrible. The Saints are the team to beat in the NFCS and already stomped the Panthers in Carolina.

Even tho the Saints defense is improving I dont put much stock in that Win in Carolina. The owner and coach talked to the players the day before about not protesting and I'm sure that went over well the locker room lmao. But the NFCS is def a two team race.

I lean with the panthers because they have an easier schedule and by many defensive categories have the best or second best defense in the NFC : NFL rank (1) , DVOA rank (2) only behind the rams smfh :pukeface: .
    JumpmanXhawk
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information