Bungling Browns

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000870523/article/late-paperwork-nixed-browns-aj-mccarron-trade[/urltargetblank]

Per Pelissero, the Bengals turned in paperwork by the NFL's trade deadline Tuesday, but the Browns did not. The Browns argued it was close and there should be a grace period, Pelissero added, but paperwork must be filed to the league office by the 4 p.m. ET deadline, which kept McCarron in a Bengals uniform.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports the Bengals would have received a second- and third-round pick from the Browns in the 2018 NFL Draft

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The NFL needs to take state control over this team...and how the hell does Hue still have a job?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Astonishing. Browns fans should be thankful the trade did not go through, but upset as to how that went down.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The entire front office should be fired for shit like that. There is no excuse. The problem is, their owner is no better.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":wp6wvnnn said:
They've been even more inept since Jimmy Haslam bought them. Biggest joke of an owner in a league with Dan Snyder, Jed York, and Jim Irsay.

Isn't Jimmy Haslam a Stealers fan? Thought I read that somewhere. It would go a long way towards explaining things... 2 free wins/year for his favorite team, and an asset that grows in value no matter what. I might do the same thing if I had the money to buy an NFC West team.

Maulbert

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1oqds9om said:
Maulbert":1oqds9om said:
They've been even more inept since Jimmy Haslam bought them. Biggest joke of an owner in a league with Dan Snyder, Jed York, and Jim Irsay.

Isn't Jimmy Haslam a Stealers fan? Thought I read that somewhere. It would go a long way towards explaining things... 2 free wins/year for his favorite team, and an asset that grows in value no matter what. I might do the same thing if I had the money to buy an NFC West team.

He was a part owner of the Steelers before he bought the Browns, so I could believe it.

dadof3

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2007bbor said:
Maulbert":2007bbor said:

That's not a bad idea, I think if everybody on this board pools their resources we can buy the Rams. I'll start with the first 10 bucks. Our first move should be to trade Aaron Donald to the Hawks for a conditional 6th.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
It seems like it was botched on purpose. Someone with the Browns got promoted over this debacle.