Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Bungling Browns

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Bungling Browns
Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:10 pm
  • http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000870523/article/late-paperwork-nixed-browns-aj-mccarron-trade

Per Pelissero, the Bengals turned in paperwork by the NFL's trade deadline Tuesday, but the Browns did not. The Browns argued it was close and there should be a grace period, Pelissero added, but paperwork must be filed to the league office by the 4 p.m. ET deadline, which kept McCarron in a Bengals uniform.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports the Bengals would have received a second- and third-round pick from the Browns in the 2018 NFL Draft

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Re: Bungling Browns
Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:21 pm
  • Doo Doo Browns at it again....that franchise has incompetence written all over it.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:25 pm
  • SMDH!!! What an inept group.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:41 pm
  • They've been even more inept since Jimmy Haslam bought them. Biggest joke of an owner in a league with Dan Snyder, Jed York, and Jim Irsay.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:50 pm
  • The NFL needs to take state control over this team...and how the hell does Hue still have a job?
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:14 pm
  • Astonishing. Browns fans should be thankful the trade did not go through, but upset as to how that went down.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:53 pm
  • The entire front office should be fired for shit like that. There is no excuse. The problem is, their owner is no better.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:46 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:They've been even more inept since Jimmy Haslam bought them. Biggest joke of an owner in a league with Dan Snyder, Jed York, and Jim Irsay.

Isn't Jimmy Haslam a Stealers fan? Thought I read that somewhere. It would go a long way towards explaining things... 2 free wins/year for his favorite team, and an asset that grows in value no matter what. I might do the same thing if I had the money to buy an NFC West team.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:50 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:They've been even more inept since Jimmy Haslam bought them. Biggest joke of an owner in a league with Dan Snyder, Jed York, and Jim Irsay.

Isn't Jimmy Haslam a Stealers fan? Thought I read that somewhere. It would go a long way towards explaining things... 2 free wins/year for his favorite team, and an asset that grows in value no matter what. I might do the same thing if I had the money to buy an NFC West team.

He was a part owner of the Steelers before he bought the Browns, so I could believe it.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:04 am
  • GeekHawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:They've been even more inept since Jimmy Haslam bought them. Biggest joke of an owner in a league with Dan Snyder, Jed York, and Jim Irsay.

That's not a bad idea, I think if everybody on this board pools their resources we can buy the Rams. I'll start with the first 10 bucks. Our first move should be to trade Aaron Donald to the Hawks for a conditional 6th.
    dadof3
    NET Rookie

Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:08 am
  • See, now there's some Browns-front-office-level thinking! ;)
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:22 am
  • It seems like it was botched on purpose. Someone with the Browns got promoted over this debacle.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information