AJ Green puts Choke Hold on Jalen Ramsey

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
He took that waaaaaay too far. Probably looking at a multi-game suspension.

chris98251

Reaction score
Cheap shot by Ramsey that was not needed, wasn't even that bad, Green however could be gone for a while, way way over the top.

253hawk

Reaction score
Jeremy Lane gets ejected for being dragged to the ground by his facemask, but Mike Evans is still in the game...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/927265861517369344[/tweet]

Keep on keepin' on with that amazing consistency, NFL.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I don't always fist fight people with helmets on, but when I do, I make sure to brake my knuckles punching it

chris98251

Reaction score
MrThortan":2modrj7w said:
I don't always fist fight people with helmets on, but when I do, I make sure to brake my knuckles punching it

That was probably the dumbest part, he makes his living with his hands, breaking knuckles or a finger basically makes him useless to his team.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
253hawk":6gfaqa6m said:
Jeremy Lane gets ejected for being dragged to the ground by his facemask, but Mike Evans is still in the game...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PeteBlackburn/status/927265861517369344[/tweet]

Keep on keepin' on with that amazing consistency, NFL.

Jameis instigated that. He is such a punk.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3j75zyoo said:
Maturity of a bunch of 8th graders. What an embarrassment.

Their job involves tackling and hitting each other non-stop. Sometimes, things get carried away.

Stop putting football altercations into the same context as whatever the hell you do for a living.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":2ioks1ar said:
Say what again Houston Texans' owner dude?

Because in a workplace where you HAVE to hit each other constantly (unlike golf, baseball, basketball, and YOUR DAY JOB), things got heated for a brief few seconds?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":1iyyvc41 said:
seahawkfreak":1iyyvc41 said:

Their job involves tackling and hitting each other non-stop. Sometimes, things get carried away.

Stop putting football altercations into the same context as whatever the hell you do for a living.

It is not non stop, that is why there is a whistle, rules and fines. There is still a parameter of which the aggression is limited to and rarely do things get carried away to that extent. Pushing, shoving, grabbing of the face mask and maybe some serious language but that is about the extended limit.

What is it with the uppityness and abrasive theme from posters who are new and or rarely post here lately? Don't act like you know me.

It was childish behavior, if Green had simple pushed him back that would have been one thing but he didn't did he? He escalated it and looked like a fool all the while. Take your virtue signaling elsewhere.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3nxt0zhs said:
SixSeahawk":3nxt0zhs said:
seahawkfreak":3nxt0zhs said:

It is not non stop, that is why there is a whistle, rules and fines. There is still a parameter of which the aggression is limited to and rarely do things get carried away to that extent. Pushing, shoving, grabbing of the face mask and maybe some serious language but that is about the extended limit.

What is it with the uppityness and abrasive theme from posters who are new and or rarely post here lately? Don't act like you know me.

It was childish behavior, if Green had simple pushed him back that would have been one thing but he didn't did he? He escalated it and looked like a fool all the while. Take your virtue signaling elsewhere.

Yeah they rarely happen....that's the point. He's played for 8 years or so and got into one fight.

I'm assuming you've played high-stakes professional football to have such insight?

chris98251

Reaction score
Doesn't matter the level of play, you know when someone is taking a extra shot or doing something underhanded.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":17av37dt said:
seahawkfreak":17av37dt said:
SixSeahawk":17av37dt said:
seahawkfreak":17av37dt said:

Yeah they rarely happen....that's the point. He's played for 8 years or so and got into one fight.

I'm assuming you've played high-stakes professional football to have such insight?

Not sure what your obsession is with my bona fides are but I can assure you they are qualified. Can we both agree that his behavior hurt his team?

To me, the level that Green brought it to, is unacceptable and when someone lets their emotions get the best of them and hurts the team, that is childish behavior and even selfish. Adults in society are expected to control their actions, same applies in the NFL.

What he did should be criticized, reprimanded and punished.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Not sure why this is even being argued, but the fights out on the field this week are definitely an example of immaturity on both ends.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":17zqk2vf said:
SixSeahawk":17zqk2vf said:
seahawkfreak":17zqk2vf said:
SixSeahawk":17zqk2vf said:

Not sure what your obsession is with my bona fides are but I can assure you they are qualified. Can we both agree that his behavior hurt his team?

To me, the level that Green brought it to, is unacceptable and when someone lets their emotions get the best of them and hurts the team, that is childish behavior and even selfish. Adults in society are expected to control their actions, same applies in the NFL.

What he did should be criticized, reprimanded and punished.

It should be criticized, reprimanded and punished.

But to compare NFL player protocol to office worker protocol is foolish. 99.9% of people in society don't hit each other for a living so to judge it from that perspective and passing judgment isn't fair.

Try to see life from other people's perspectives.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
How often do you see altercations in non-contact sports (baseball, basketball)? Not often.

How often do you see altercations in contact sports (football, hockey)? A lot more often.

This is the nature of the sport they play, not theirs as people.

“As a player, as a man, as a father, it’s a reflection of me,” Green said, after totaling one reception for six yards before being tossed. “I should have just walked off in that whole situation. It got the best of me today. But I’ll definitely learn from the experience. It’s never going to happen again. I regret my actions.”

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I would have enjoyed seeing Jimmy do this to NORMAN after that bastard dropped the people's elbow.