Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Eagles sign Timmy Jernigan to 4-year, $48M extension

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • A new bar set? :?

The Philadelphia Eagles have locked up one of their defensive stars to a long-term contract extension.

Defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan signed a four-year contract extension with the Eagles on Thursday, the team announced. The contract is worth $48 million and includes $26 million in total guarantees, sources informed of the deal told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

The extension keeps Jernigan under contract through the 2021 season. Jernigan was scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2018 season.

ESPN first reported the deal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... m=referral
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• This is the type of player and contract that Sheldon Richardson will command. So this is good news for the hawks.
    "I don't know much, but I imagine that stomping my way through a field of seven-year-olds is the closest I'll ever feel to being Marshawn Lynch. Despite being limited to ten rushes, Lynch mowed through defenders like Zach Efron running into a bachelorette party in Vegas." -@JacsonBevens
    titan3131
    NET Veteran

• I'm pretty sure Sheldon is better than this guy. That's going to be one hell of an expensive contract. Having a QB on a rookie contract is a blessing we're all familiar with.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:I'm pretty sure Sheldon is better than this guy. That's going to be one hell of an expensive contract. Having a QB on a rookie contract is a blessing we're all familiar with.

I'd say you can expect Sheldon to command somewhere in between what Timmy got today and what Fletcher Cox got last year (6yrs/102M AAV 17.1M). 13-15 range, probably.

But just strictly in terms of this years production so far based on PFF (if that's your thing). Jernigan is the #16 DL, Sheldon #57, and Cox #9.

Regardless of what Sheldon does the rest of the year (unless it complete implodes), he's going to get a lot of money next year.
    xkj1985x
    NET Rookie

• I think history/talent based, Sheldon is above Timmy, but Timmy is def having a better year. Your DL is much better and deeper than ours, so that helps, but he is a part of making the unit so good.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information