Eagles sign Timmy Jernigan to 4-year, $48M extension

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
A new bar set? :?

The Philadelphia Eagles have locked up one of their defensive stars to a long-term contract extension.

Defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan signed a four-year contract extension with the Eagles on Thursday, the team announced. The contract is worth $48 million and includes $26 million in total guarantees, sources informed of the deal told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

The extension keeps Jernigan under contract through the 2021 season. Jernigan was scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2018 season.

ESPN first reported the deal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... m=referral

titan3131

Reaction score
This is the type of player and contract that Sheldon Richardson will command. So this is good news for the hawks.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Sheldon is better than this guy. That's going to be one hell of an expensive contract. Having a QB on a rookie contract is a blessing we're all familiar with.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
adeltaY":3fsrjmpc said:
I'm pretty sure Sheldon is better than this guy. That's going to be one hell of an expensive contract. Having a QB on a rookie contract is a blessing we're all familiar with.

I'd say you can expect Sheldon to command somewhere in between what Timmy got today and what Fletcher Cox got last year (6yrs/102M AAV 17.1M). 13-15 range, probably.

But just strictly in terms of this years production so far based on PFF (if that's your thing). Jernigan is the #16 DL, Sheldon #57, and Cox #9.

Regardless of what Sheldon does the rest of the year (unless it complete implodes), he's going to get a lot of money next year.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I think history/talent based, Sheldon is above Timmy, but Timmy is def having a better year. Your DL is much better and deeper than ours, so that helps, but he is a part of making the unit so good.