Vikings at Redskins

adeltaY

Reaction score
Vikings offense has put up more points in 1.25 quarters than the Seahawks offense did in the whole game. On the road, with CASE KEENUM at QB.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
How do they not rule that down..jfc...how do they give cousins like 10 seconds to push into the endzone..wow

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Vikings offense with 4 TD in first half lol. And people on here want to talk about almost any other team in the NFC as "the threat" against the Seahawks. Shows you what a good OC can do and what just one year when you actually attempt to fix OL with a good OL coach can do and this is with Keenum as the starter and cook going down early in the year when he was a legit ROY candidate at RB

Keenum 11/14 188 yards and 3TD in first half and they have 59 yards rushing on 12 attempts with 1TD

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
Seriously. This is all coaching. Their OL isn't much more talented but it's so much better coached than ours. Their offensive scheme let's Keenum thrive. It's embarrassing to watch our offense then this Vikings one. There is no excuse.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Case Keenum and Theilen are underrated.
But the Minnesota play calling is outstanding.
That screen pass at the 8 to Wright for td looks so easy.
Why do we struggle so much?

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Bridgewater goes down and Bradford looks great.
Bradford goes down now Keenum looks like a legit franchise qb? Minus their stud runningback and they just keep rolling.. Their coaching staff is special this year.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Further proves good coaching and game planning can make up for a lesser offense

hawkfan68

Reaction score
chris98251":wqjkpmp3 said:
Well they did get rid of Bevell, where did he end up?

Their offense improved after that too. I didn't hear any Vikings fans crying to bring Bevell back when he left.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I think they would be really dumb to go away from Keenum. Don't fix it if it ain't broke. Bridgewater is probably the better overall QB, but he hasn't played in years and doesn't have the chemistry with the receivers like Keenum does. Unless Keenum falls apart here in the second half, keep him as the starter.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Vikings easily beat a Redskin team that the Seahawks lost to. I'm concerned that the Seahawks are moving closer to the middle of the pack in the NFC. It looks as though the Eagles, Vikings, and Saints are ahead of the Seahawks and looking like strong contenders at this point. Seahawks do have a win against the Rams so that helps.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Vikings put up 38 on the skins? What dummies taking such chances

gonzhawk

Reaction score
This thread is really really depressing....
just like watching the Falcons kick ass on cowpies...
where the hell is our team in all this?
The defense has played okay/good enough, but our offensive bull crap
will again bring us down I fear.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Its funny watching teams with far less talent play so much better football. Pete better get this offense problem figured out, what a waste of talent.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1hqskxk7 said:
Vikings easily beat a Redskin team that the Seahawks lost to. I'm concerned that the Seahawks are moving closer to the middle of the pack in the NFC. It looks as though the Eagles, Vikings, and Saints are ahead of the Seahawks and looking like strong contenders at this point. Seahawks do have a win against the Rams so that helps.

Bad teams beat good teams all the time. It's all about the matchups. I just don't like that type of logic. Just because we lost to the Skins, and the Vikings beat the Skins doesn't automatically mean that the Vikings would steam roll us.

I do agree with you that we are behind the Eagles and Saints. Vikings I'm not so sure about, whoever has home field in that matchup probably wins. I'm still not ready to say the Rams are better than us, good chance they go 0-2 against us this season.

IMO I think the Rams and Eagles are both a year or two away from seriously competing. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but they remind me of us the year we lost to Atlanta. Not sure I see Wentz or Goff making SB appearances in their first few years in the league. The obvious choice to come out the NFC is the Saints. They check every box.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
IrishNW":3qv5trfc said:
Its funny watching teams with far less talent play so much better football. Pete better get this offense problem figured out, what a waste of talent.

Vikings "far less talent" LMAO your funny. I would take Rudolph over Jimmy and Diggs/Thielen over anyone but Baldwin at WR

With healthy Bradford and Cook Vikings are prob undefeated right now

IrishNW

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2vpnllvk said:
IrishNW":2vpnllvk said:

Vikings "far less talent" LMAO your funny. I would take Rudolph over Jimmy and Diggs/Thielen over anyone but Baldwin at WR

With healthy Bradford and Cook Vikings are prob undefeated right now

Jimmy and Doug > anything the vikings put on the field. glad you dont run the team

OP
OP
A

adeltaY

Reaction score
Rudolph isn't that great of a blocker and Jimmy is a better receiver than him, so I disagree on that. Thielen/Diggs are a better WR duo, but I'd argue our Top 3 in Doug, PRich, and Tyler are better than their WR corp overall. Our QB is MUCH better than Case Keenum. Without Dalvin Cook their RBs aren't much better than what we have, but I'd still take them over what we have.

I guess it comes down to OL and playcalling. Their line is average, which is much better than ours, and their play design is better.

To Hawk-Lock's point, I'm not saying the Vikings would roll us because they beat the Skins, not even thinking about that matchup because it would only happen in the playoffs and that's a ways away. It's the stark difference between the offensive performances we had against the same team. It's unacceptable.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1i5ysdze said:
hawkfan68":1i5ysdze said:

Bad teams beat good teams all the time. It's all about the matchups. I just don't like that type of logic. Just because we lost to the Skins, and the Vikings beat the Skins doesn't automatically mean that the Vikings would steam roll us.

I do agree with you that we are behind the Eagles and Saints. Vikings I'm not so sure about, whoever has home field in that matchup probably wins. I'm still not ready to say the Rams are better than us, good chance they go 0-2 against us this season.

IMO I think the Rams and Eagles are both a year or two away from seriously competing. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but they remind me of us the year we lost to Atlanta. Not sure I see Wentz or Goff making SB appearances in their first few years in the league. The obvious choice to come out the NFC is the Saints. They check every box.

Well this is true, it's how good teams beat bad teams as well, you talk match ups, do we match up badly with everyone till the last 6 weeks of the season every year?

We are challenged by every mediocre or bad team time and time again, Vikings stomped Redskins, Falcons Stomped a depleted Cowboys team, a bad 49ers team stomped a worse Giants team, Saints manhandled a Bills team, Rams blew up a Texans team, Rams were not suppose to be anything special and the Texans missing a Rookie QB, yet they come out and dominate.

Good teams take the heart of lower teams. We have a habit of not doing that, in fact we spend a lot of time giving hope and being able to have one score dictate whether a team wins or not.