Rams vs. Texans

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Rams look great against terrible teams. That's what a 3rd place schedule nets you. They have some brutal games coming up. We'll see what they are made of in the next few weeks.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
That pick by Savage in the redzone was awful.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Well I thought the Texans had a chance in the 1st qr. There goes that silly thought.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
hawkfan68":326cid98 said:
Rams look great against terrible teams. That's what a 3rd place schedule nets you. They have some brutal games coming up. We'll see what they are made of in the next few weeks.
Schedules don't hold the same weight as they used to. A third place schedule is only going to affect 2 games. The new schedule "go-to" excuse is the divisions in which you play. That seems to have had a profound impact on things like HFA and Wild Card seeds.

The 2 different games the Rams got - Minnesota and New Orleans vs Green Bay and Atlanta for the Hawks. Almost seems like a washout considering how Minn & NO are playing this year.

ringless

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2o2tlamh said:

3rd place schedule?
You realize you have 14 games in common? The only different games are the NFC South, and NFC North. They have to play Minnesota, you have to play GB. The Rams actually are playing the better team there. The second game that is different is the NFC south. You get to play the 4-4 Falcons, they have to play the 7-2 Saints. The 3rd place schedule is BS because its only relevant to the past results and not this years schedule. In any case, they have the tougher schedule. They play two teams in total that are different, with a combined record of 14-4, while Seattle's two teams are 9-7.

Rams had to travel to London, and had 5 10Am starts on the schedule, compared to 2 10 am starts for Seattle.

But those are just facts based off this year, and not last years 3rd place schedule. I don't like the Rams, but the scheduling is an excuse within divisions. The NFC West as a whole has a very favorable schedule this year Imo

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Rams will get to test how good they are in the next 5 games though

@Vikings
Saints
@Cards
Eagles
@Seahawks

They get to play the Division leaders of the rest of the NFC plus in division Seahawks who beat them once allready

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2ooltjfh said:
Rams will get to test how good they are in the next 5 games though

@Vikings
Saints
@Cards
Eagles
Seahawks

They get to play the Division leaders of the rest of the NFC plus in division Seahawks who beat them once allready

In Seattle which is huge! Thank goodness we beat them in their house.

chris98251

Reaction score
Fun Fact !

The Rams are now 7-2, matching their best win total ever under Fisher, who never went better than 7-9 as the Rams’ head coach. They’re looking like NFC title contenders. The Rams are for real.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Woody is finally showing what he can do as a WR with decent QB play. Happy for him; just wish it wasn’t with the Rams.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Rams are solid. But I still don't think they or anyone else in th NFC, except maybe the Eagles, are for real. We will see how they play the next few weeks.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":34ht97wp said:
Rams are solid. But I still don't think they or anyone else in th NFC, except maybe the Eagles, are for real. We will see how they play the next few weeks.

What is your opinion about the Saints. I feel the Saints and Eagles are 1A/1B in the NFC.

RedAlice

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3ul2c27b said:

Look at the 3 parts of the game.

Eagles and Rams are solid in all three. Saints, in two.

The cool thing is we all play each other coming up. Gonna be a play call, coaching battle.

and w Seattle in the seat as well. NFC has become F fun.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":ykjh4olq said:

Interesting, because I don't think anyone in the AFC is for real.

If the Cowboys, Seahawks or Packers had the Rams exact season right now, the media would be creaming their pants and falling over themselves to talk about how dominant they are.

IMO, the Eagles, Rams, Saints and Vikings are clearly the 4 best teams in the NFL right now.

The Patriots, Steelers and Seahawks are in the next tier down IMO. Even though the Pats are playing better, them and the Steelers look seriously flawed at times.

I think the Eagles/Rams are on top right now, followed closely by the Vikings/Saints - only because the Vikings QB situation may catch up with them, and I still don't believe in the Saints defense against good offenses. But we'll see with the Rams playing them the next two weeks.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ringless":w9igaokn said:
They have to play Minnesota, you have to play GB. The Rams actually are playing the better team there.

Comparing a Rodgers-less Packers team to any team is wrong. Ignoring the same logic as it applied to going against Watson-less Texans team and saying "it's the same" is also wrong.

Both teams are in for it. But if it comes down to one or two games, those will be huge factors

Rambitious

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2p9d33eb said:

Ahh.. the ubiquitous myth about a ‘third place schedule’ again. I love it.
You do realize that a teams schedule from the prior year only affects two games. - right?
We essentially have the same schedule as Seattle....maybe even harder using last years records ‘strength of schedule’ as a measuring tool.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Rambitious":x6tynwgz said:
hawkfan68":x6tynwgz said:

Ahh.. the ubiquitous myth about a ‘third place schedule’ again. I love it.
You do realize that a teams schedule from the prior year only affects two games. - right?
We essentially have the same schedule as Seattle....maybe even harder using last years records ‘strength of schedule’ as a measuring tool.

Quite true...I misconveyed what I meant. The Rams had a relatively easy schedule up to this point. It does get tougher for them the next few weeks. We'll see how they look then. They are a good team. No doubt. They are playing well with the games they are dealt.

Are they battle tested? How will they bounce back when they play playoff caliber teams? how will they handle it when each week their opponent brings their "A" game to play them? Let's see what happens.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3vmqal13 said:
5_Golden_Rings":3vmqal13 said:

Interesting, because I don't think anyone in the AFC is for real.

If the Cowboys, Seahawks or Packers had the Rams exact season right now, the media would be creaming their pants and falling over themselves to talk about how dominant they are.

IMO, the Eagles, Rams, Saints and Vikings are clearly the 4 best teams in the NFL right now.

The Patriots, Steelers and Seahawks are in the next tier down IMO. Even though the Pats are playing better, them and the Steelers look seriously flawed at times.

I think the Eagles/Rams are on top right now, followed closely by the Vikings/Saints - only because the Vikings QB situation may catch up with them, and I still don't believe in the Saints defense against good offenses. But we'll see with the Rams playing them the next two weeks.

Woah. The Pats are absolutely in the top tier of teams this year. Their defense was trash, much as yours was, early in the season, but they've gone from allowing close to 32 points per game in September to 16 points per game from October to now. I agree with your Steelers assessment, but they've made it to 7-2 and their defense is actually pretty good so I'm sure they're set for the playoffs.

I'd say the Eagles and Saints are at the top. The Saints have the best run game in the league, a great OL, elite QB, and surprisingly good defense buoyed by the DROTY in Latti. You could say the same about the Rams defense, they haven't faced anyone that good. I guess Dallas and the Skins, but they gave up 30 and 27 points in those games. Still, the Rams and Vikings are on that next tier. It's weird that Brees is the only proven QB out of those teams, but such is the NFL in 2017.