Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Rams vs. Texans

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Rams vs. Texans
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:55 pm
  • Damnit, why did DeShaun Watson have to get hurt? The Texans might be up by three touchdowns right now if he was healthy! Rams 9, Texans 7 early in the third, Texans driving.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Re: Rams vs. Texans
Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:03 pm
  • Rams look great against terrible teams. That's what a 3rd place schedule nets you. They have some brutal games coming up. We'll see what they are made of in the next few weeks.
    Last edited by hawkfan68 on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:09 pm
  • That pick by Savage in the redzone was awful.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:02 pm
  • Well I thought the Texans had a chance in the 1st qr. There goes that silly thought.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:12 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Rams look great against terrible teams. That's what a 3rd place schedule nets you. They have some brutal games coming up. We'll see what they are made of in the next few weeks.

Schedules don't hold the same weight as they used to. A third place schedule is only going to affect 2 games. The new schedule "go-to" excuse is the divisions in which you play. That seems to have had a profound impact on things like HFA and Wild Card seeds.

The 2 different games the Rams got - Minnesota and New Orleans vs Green Bay and Atlanta for the Hawks. Almost seems like a washout considering how Minn & NO are playing this year.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Starter

Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:13 pm
  • The fact that the Texans have Savage as their QB is disgraceful.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:13 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Rams look great against terrible teams. That's what a 3rd place schedule nets you. They have some brutal games coming up. We'll see what they are made of in the next few weeks.

3rd place schedule?
    You realize you have 14 games in common? The only different games are the NFC South, and NFC North. They have to play Minnesota, you have to play GB. The Rams actually are playing the better team there. The second game that is different is the NFC south. You get to play the 4-4 Falcons, they have to play the 7-2 Saints. The 3rd place schedule is BS because its only relevant to the past results and not this years schedule. In any case, they have the tougher schedule. They play two teams in total that are different, with a combined record of 14-4, while Seattle's two teams are 9-7.

Rams had to travel to London, and had 5 10Am starts on the schedule, compared to 2 10 am starts for Seattle.

But those are just facts based off this year, and not last years 3rd place schedule. I don't like the Rams, but the scheduling is an excuse within divisions. The NFC West as a whole has a very favorable schedule this year Imo
    ringless
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:40 pm
  • Rams will get to test how good they are in the next 5 games though

@Vikings
    Saints
    @Cards
    Eagles
    @Seahawks

They get to play the Division leaders of the rest of the NFC plus in division Seahawks who beat them once allready
    Last edited by WilsonMVP on Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:19 pm
  • WilsonMVP wrote:Rams will get to test how good they are in the next 5 games though

@Vikings
    Saints
    @Cards
    Eagles
    Seahawks

They get to play the Division leaders of the rest of the NFC plus in division Seahawks who beat them once allready

In Seattle which is huge! Thank goodness we beat them in their house.
    HoldYourHawk
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:55 pm
  • Fun Fact !

The Rams are now 7-2, matching their best win total ever under Fisher, who never went better than 7-9 as the Rams’ head coach. They’re looking like NFC title contenders. The Rams are for real.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:32 pm
  • Woody is finally showing what he can do as a WR with decent QB play. Happy for him; just wish it wasn’t with the Rams.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:40 am
  • Rams are solid. But I still don't think they or anyone else in th NFC, except maybe the Eagles, are for real. We will see how they play the next few weeks.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:36 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:Rams are solid. But I still don't think they or anyone else in th NFC, except maybe the Eagles, are for real. We will see how they play the next few weeks.

What is your opinion about the Saints. I feel the Saints and Eagles are 1A/1B in the NFC.
    FIRE PETE CARROLL!!!!
    Jim Harbaugh to Seattle 2018!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:46 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:Rams are solid. But I still don't think they or anyone else in th NFC, except maybe the Eagles, are for real. We will see how they play the next few weeks.

Look at the 3 parts of the game.

Eagles and Rams are solid in all three. Saints, in two.

The cool thing is we all play each other coming up. Gonna be a play call, coaching battle.

and w Seattle in the seat as well. NFC has become F fun.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:40 am

Interesting, because I don't think anyone in the AFC is for real.

If the Cowboys, Seahawks or Packers had the Rams exact season right now, the media would be creaming their pants and falling over themselves to talk about how dominant they are.

IMO, the Eagles, Rams, Saints and Vikings are clearly the 4 best teams in the NFL right now.

The Patriots, Steelers and Seahawks are in the next tier down IMO. Even though the Pats are playing better, them and the Steelers look seriously flawed at times.

I think the Eagles/Rams are on top right now, followed closely by the Vikings/Saints - only because the Vikings QB situation may catch up with them, and I still don't believe in the Saints defense against good offenses. But we'll see with the Rams playing them the next two weeks.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:05 am
  • ringless wrote:
    They have to play Minnesota, you have to play GB. The Rams actually are playing the better team there.

Comparing a Rodgers-less Packers team to any team is wrong. Ignoring the same logic as it applied to going against Watson-less Texans team and saying "it's the same" is also wrong.

Both teams are in for it. But if it comes down to one or two games, those will be huge factors
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:56 am

Ahh.. the ubiquitous myth about a ‘third place schedule’ again. I love it.
    You do realize that a teams schedule from the prior year only affects two games. - right?
    We essentially have the same schedule as Seattle....maybe even harder using last years records ‘strength of schedule’ as a measuring tool.
    Rambitious
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:34 pm
  • Rambitious wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:Rams look great against terrible teams. That's what a 3rd place schedule nets you. They have some brutal games coming up. We'll see what they are made of in the next few weeks.

Ahh.. the ubiquitous myth about a ‘third place schedule’ again. I love it.
    You do realize that a teams schedule from the prior year only affects two games. - right?
    We essentially have the same schedule as Seattle....maybe even harder using last years records ‘strength of schedule’ as a measuring tool.

Quite true...I misconveyed what I meant. The Rams had a relatively easy schedule up to this point. It does get tougher for them the next few weeks. We'll see how they look then. They are a good team. No doubt. They are playing well with the games they are dealt.

Are they battle tested? How will they bounce back when they play playoff caliber teams? how will they handle it when each week their opponent brings their "A" game to play them? Let's see what happens.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:37 pm
  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:Rams are solid. But I still don't think they or anyone else in th NFC, except maybe the Eagles, are for real. We will see how they play the next few weeks.

If the Cowboys, Seahawks or Packers had the Rams exact season right now, the media would be creaming their pants and falling over themselves to talk about how dominant they are.

IMO, the Eagles, Rams, Saints and Vikings are clearly the 4 best teams in the NFL right now.

The Patriots, Steelers and Seahawks are in the next tier down IMO. Even though the Pats are playing better, them and the Steelers look seriously flawed at times.

I think the Eagles/Rams are on top right now, followed closely by the Vikings/Saints - only because the Vikings QB situation may catch up with them, and I still don't believe in the Saints defense against good offenses. But we'll see with the Rams playing them the next two weeks.

Woah. The Pats are absolutely in the top tier of teams this year. Their defense was trash, much as yours was, early in the season, but they've gone from allowing close to 32 points per game in September to 16 points per game from October to now. I agree with your Steelers assessment, but they've made it to 7-2 and their defense is actually pretty good so I'm sure they're set for the playoffs.

I'd say the Eagles and Saints are at the top. The Saints have the best run game in the league, a great OL, elite QB, and surprisingly good defense buoyed by the DROTY in Latti. You could say the same about the Rams defense, they haven't faced anyone that good. I guess Dallas and the Skins, but they gave up 30 and 27 points in those games. Still, the Rams and Vikings are on that next tier. It's weird that Brees is the only proven QB out of those teams, but such is the NFL in 2017.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:16 pm
  • When it matters Goff will Goff.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:37 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:When it matters Goff will Goff.

Turn your head and Goff?
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:15 am
  • adeltaY wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:Rams are solid. But I still don't think they or anyone else in th NFC, except maybe the Eagles, are for real. We will see how they play the next few weeks.

Woah. The Pats are absolutely in the top tier of teams this year. Their defense was trash, much as yours was, early in the season, but they've gone from allowing close to 32 points per game in September to 16 points per game from October to now. I agree with your Steelers assessment, but they've made it to 7-2 and their defense is actually pretty good so I'm sure they're set for the playoffs.

I'd say the Eagles and Saints are at the top. The Saints have the best run game in the league, a great OL, elite QB, and surprisingly good defense buoyed by the DROTY in Latti. You could say the same about the Rams defense, they haven't faced anyone that good. I guess Dallas and the Skins, but they gave up 30 and 27 points in those games. Still, the Rams and Vikings are on that next tier. It's weird that Brees is the only proven QB out of those teams, but such is the NFL in 2017.

We'll see. I think we're better than the Saints. I don't think their defense is legit, whereas I think the Rams defense will continue to get better.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:29 am
  • Rams wins so far...

Colts, 49ers, Cardinals, Cowgirls, Jaguars, Giants, & Texans without Watson
    Eagles & Saints not battle tested either.

There really isn't any clear top teams this season.
    rcaido
    NET Starter

Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:18 pm
  • rcaido wrote:Rams wins so far...

The Rams win against the Cowboys was no joke, although missing Sean Lee turns that defense from scrappy to crappy. Beating the Jags is impressive, though that was mostly due to special teams.

The Eagles have already swept a Washington squad that beat us at home, and they made it look easy. They also beat a pretty good Panthers squad on the road.

I'd say our only win against a legitimately good team was the Rams.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:24 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:
    rcaido wrote:Rams wins so far...

The Rams win against the Cowboys was no joke, although missing Sean Lee turns that defense from scrappy to crappy. Beating the Jags is impressive, though that was mostly due to special teams.

The Eagles have already swept a Washington squad that beat us at home, and they made it look easy. They also beat a pretty good Panthers squad on the road.

I'd say our only win against a legitimately good team was the Rams.

I will point out, the Rams other loss was at home to that same Washington team.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:37 pm
  • Great point, but the Redskins were much healthier at that point. Eagles better than the Rams so it does make sense.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information