Another thought/question

purpleneer

Reaction score
Less serious than the head injury topic.
What are the general feelings about camera angles used in broadcasts? Was reading this Ringer piecehttps://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/11/16/16664544/skycam-nbc-thursday-night-football about the SkyCam and just kept thinking about one of the things I've been whining about for all sports. Insanely too much use of tight camera shots (and midplay switches).
I love the north-south angle of the SkyCam and the all-22 perspective from my seats in 318, but missing things from the camera zooming in too tight piss me off. Save the close-up look for replays with purpose please.
Am I in the minority? Is there a majority who like to miss things developing and the overall look of a play?

cymatica

Reaction score
purpleneer":2mt5qgyt said:
GeekHawk":2mt5qgyt said:
I don't play Madden, and hate the skycam angle.
I think the complaints would drop dramatically if it stayed wide and didn't move so much.

It takes away from the game atmosphere imo. Almost looks like everything slows down. Wilson scrambles definetely wouldn't look as dramatic

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I actually really like the SkyCam angle. IMO it's better than broadcast in just about every way except for gauging ball placement and seeing WR's splits/formation outside of the box. I think most folks are just used to broadcast angle and don't like it because it's different, because as a football fan, it's objectively better for seeing plays develop.

There's a reason All-22 is from this angle and it's the preferred way of breaking down film for coaches/players/scouts/etc.

Exittium

Reaction score
I like it as long as it’s an all game thing. I don’t like when they switch angles or views during. A play or snap

chris98251

Reaction score
I want a DE Helmet Cam angle so we can see what they see chasing Wilson :)

cymatica

Reaction score
chris98251":3d2p26of said:
I want a DE Helmet Cam angle so we can see what they see chasing Wilson :)

Helmet cams on all our OL. We could get some great cloud footage

Msfann

Reaction score
Camera inside the football. It would feel like Wilson is throwing you to Baldwin for a touchdown.