Eagles vs Cowboys

rcaido

Reaction score
So are we rooting for the Eagles here?

NJlargent

Reaction score
I am rooting for Dallas. We play philly and if we actually do catch fire could use seeding help.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I can never root for *allas! An eagles loss will help Seattle, but with all of our injuries the chances for HFA are slim and none.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2bot053a said:
I can never root for *allas! An eagles loss will help Seattle, but with all of our injuries the chances for HFA are slim and none.

I disagree. Our path is more difficult but as these teams above us play each other all we need to do is win. I'm definitely waiting to see what happens Monday before I decide just what our chances are

253hawk

Reaction score
So Dak got rocked in the jaw...why doesn't he have to go in the concussion tent?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
253hawk":2ep9lt89 said:
So Dak got rocked in the jaw...why doesn't he have to go in the concussion tent?
Nope. He’s the cowboys QB, and if he misses plays that would be bad. :sarcasm_off:

adeltaY

Reaction score
Cowboys defense without Sean Lee holding down this Eagles offense. It won't last. If Dallas can't score, the floodgates are about to open.

NJlargent

Reaction score
adeltaY":2b6hwjxt said:
Cowboys defense without Sean Lee holding down this Eagles offense. It won't last. If Dallas can't score, the floodgates are about to open.

Yeah this game is about to get out of hand real quick

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Actually the Eagles offense is crapping the bed.
I hope the Carson Wentz that has played since the 2nd drive on shows up here next week.

Our course the 1st drive 5-5 Carson Wentz will show up next week.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Dak's not so terrific without his elite running game. Even with a line that's still much better than a lot in the league, but I'm sure people will still say Dak>Wilson.

adeltaY

Reaction score
DJrmb":b7s9pj0p said:
Dak's not so terrific without his elite running game. Even with a line that's still much better than a lot in the league, but I'm sure people will still say Dak>Wilson.

This'll be a super unpopular opinion here, but I still think Dak is better. Despite the really bad game, which every QB has had, look no further than some of Wilson's games against the Packers, I think he's about at Wilson's level in most categories and beyond him in some. The kid is still learning how to play under pressure, but if you look at the Cards game, he did a fantastic job and won the game basically by himself. I would liken the pressure he faced in this game to the pressure Wilson faced against GB. I don't think there's a QB in the league who could've done well in either circumstance.

He almost always makes really good decisions, which is a trait he shares with Wilson, but his pocket presence is much better. Dak will stand in clean pockets and read the field until someone comes open, while Wilson bails out of them early pretty frequently. Tbf, Dak is much more used to playing in clean pockets, but it's a clear advantage nonetheless. I think as Dak develops he'll eventually be a top 3 QB and I think he's pushing the top 5 right now anyway.

Even so, after six years, there's no QB in the league I'd rather have leading our team than Russ. I love him as our QB and hope he stays here til he retires!

cymatica

Reaction score
adeltaY":2odmktgw said:
DJrmb":2odmktgw said:

This'll be a super unpopular opinion here, but I still think Dak is better. Despite the really bad game, which every QB has had, look no further than some of Wilson's games against the Packers, I think he's about at Wilson's level in most categories and beyond him in some. The kid is still learning how to play under pressure, but if you look at the Cards game, he did a fantastic job and won the game basically by himself. I would liken the pressure he faced in this game to the pressure Wilson faced against GB. I don't think there's a QB in the league who could've done well in either circumstance.

He almost always makes really good decisions, which is a trait he shares with Wilson, but his pocket presence is much better. Dak will stand in clean pockets and read the field until someone comes open, while Wilson bails out of them early pretty frequently. Tbf, Dak is much more used to playing in clean pockets, but it's a clear advantage nonetheless. I think as Dak develops he'll eventually be a top 3 QB and I think he's pushing the top 5 right now anyway.

Even so, after six years, there's no QB in the league I'd rather have leading our team than Russ. I love him as our QB and hope he stays here til he retires!

Put Dak in this offense and tell me he is better.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I think Wilson is better in this offense because the scheme isn't very good and he's an excellent off-script QB. I think Dak is better at sticking to the script but can also improvise. I do think our receivers are better than the ones in Dallas.

xkj1985x

Reaction score
skater18000":1a7gfkxz said:
Eagles weaknesses being exposed some?

What weakness would you say that is?

Carson was off after the first drive (fittingly also after he took that hard shot to the head) and that first half of offense for the Eagles was by far their worst of the year and they still put up 30 in the second half.