Buffalo kicker sets NFL record.

massari

Reaction score
But they really needed to spend that money on Michael Wilhoite. He's vital.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hausch needed the change of scenery. He was not great for the Hawks last year.

massari

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3jwl9ays said:
Haush hit 90% last year and was 1-1 over 50 yards. His only problem was the missed extra points, but guess who else had that same issue?

Haush also made every FG attempt in the playoffs last season and has only ever missed once for his career in the playoffs.

Haush is proven to be clutch while Walsh a headcase.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Im not saying trading him for Walsh was a good move. But, Haush has turned it around a lot since leaving. Credit to him.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3pzuzcsq said:
Im not saying trading him for Walsh was a good move. But, Haush has turned it around a lot since leaving. Credit to him.
I think Haush's problem may have been the long snapper. If I recall we had some big issues with our long snapper after we let Gresham go.

Chapow

Reaction score
Hauschka had a pretty damn poor season last year and was an unrestricted free agent after the season. They didn't cut him, they just let him walk. I can't even imagine the meltdown we would have seen on this site if the Seahawks had given him a brand new 4 year $12.4 million deal (which is what the Bills gave him) after the year he had.

It's nice for Hausch that he's having a bounce back year, but people here would be crucifying Pete and John if they had brought him back and he had another year like last year. I really don't see how anyone can blame them for letting him walk. Especially at that price.

Chapow

Reaction score
massari":jrvnpnup said:
Uncle Si":jrvnpnup said:
Haush hit 90% last year and was 1-1 over 50 yards. His only problem was the missed extra points, but guess who else had that same issue?

Haush also made every FG attempt in the playoffs last season and has only ever missed once for his career in the playoffs.

Hausch missed 6 extra points last season and 2 FGs of under 30 yards and you think the Seahawks should have given him a nice new contract? Sorry, I'm calling BS. Maybe you think that now, but I'd bet money that you would have been one of the people here calling for heads to roll if they had given him a new contract in the off season after the year he had.

Oh, and blaming the long snapper is a joke. The vast majority of his snaps were perfectly fine. Gresham wasn't perfect either.

massari

Reaction score
Chapow":197c1yl7 said:
massari":197c1yl7 said:

Hausch missed 6 extra points last season and 2 FGs of under 30 yards and you think the Seahawks should have given him a nice new contract? Sorry, I'm calling BS. Maybe you think that now, but I'd bet money that you would have been one of the people here calling for heads to roll if they had given him a new contract in the off season after the year he had.
Bullocks! Haush only has an average cap hit of $2.95M per season over 3 years and only $4M guaranteed. That's a pretty fair contract for a proven clutch kicker. Blair Walsh has a $1.1M cap hit this season. Stephen Gostkowski has an average cap hit of $4.3M with $10.1M guaranteed.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Have we had any problems with the longsnapper this year (besides him not being able to block a great DT, which I do not blame him for AT ALL)? Since Nolan Frese left, it seems like Ott has been solid at the position. I think that with Ott being as consistent as he is, Hasuchka could've returned to his pre-2016 form. Oh well :/

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Chapow":1ktbke7a said:
massari":1ktbke7a said:
Uncle Si":1ktbke7a said:

Oh, and blaming the long snapper is a joke. The vast majority of his snaps were perfectly fine. Gresham wasn't perfect either.

Nolan Frese was routinely getting knocked on his ass while blocking and did indeed have a few errant snaps. He was worse than either Gresham or Ott.

Chapow

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3c75tlhi said:
Chapow":3c75tlhi said:
massari":3c75tlhi said:
Uncle Si":3c75tlhi said:

Nolan Frese was routinely getting knocked on his ass while blocking and did indeed have a few errant snaps. He was worse than either Gresham or Ott.

Like I said, the vast majority of his snaps were perfectly fine. Hausch was getting kicks blocked because the trajectory of the ball was too low. That isn't the long snappers fault, that's the kickers fault. That happened several times on extra point attempts. The trajectory of the ball should never, ever be low enough to be blocked when you are that close. Do you guys seriously not remember this stuff?

As I said earlier, if they had given Hausch a nice new contract for $3 million a year after last season and he continued to struggle with short kicks like he did last year, people would be calling for heads to roll for that decision too.

Exittium

Reaction score
I’m gunna blame the fact we let Gresham go! Lol Ott plus Houschka = Missed Fgs
Ott plus Walsh = Missed FG and a Missed block on a FG fake.. lol
/S

mikeak

Reaction score
It is really hard (impossible) to say how good the snapper is without knowing the speed of the football. If the snapper is slower in his mechanics and less strength then the defenders gets closer and it looks like low trajectory on the kicker.

Not saying hat happened but we have no way of saying if it did or did not

hawknation2017

Reaction score
He broke Blair Walsh's record. Ha!

Walsh needs to see a psychiatrist to resolve his foot "yips." He used to be a really good kicker. Now whenever it gets wet, he either can't kick straight or he is kicking too softly to make sure it's straight (that was Walsh's explanation for the recent miss).

Anyway, congrats to Hauschka. He's a really good guy who deserves all the success he has achieved.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2zqqmx0g said:

We often see players that were released play well in their new homes. I think there is definitely something to a change of scenery and how it impacts player performance

rcaido

Reaction score
MrThortan":35jzew21 said:
Uncle Si":35jzew21 said:

We often see players that were released play well in their new homes. I think there is definitely something to a change of scenery and how it impacts player performance

Wish that scenario was the same for Walsh...

Threedee

Reaction score
Chapow":1vruu418 said:

Whatever you think of Hausch Money, he's still better than Walsh.