Ken Norton Jr Out as DC in Oakland

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000881233/article/oakland-raiders-fire-dc-ken-norton-jr[/urltargetblank]

Defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. told the players after walk through that he was fired, NFL Network's Michael Silver reported and NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport, according to players.

ducks41468

Reaction score
A team firing one of its coordinators for poor performance? Unthinkable.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Please hire Norton back. We miss his passion and discipline in the locker room.

Exittium

Reaction score
Bring him in! He knows the boys, and Well can’t be what worse than Richards and was respected here by most.

But I don’t think Pete or the team will bring him back. Otherwise why don’t we have Gus back? We could have minus Quinn the base to rebuild and a future LOB.

IrishNW

Reaction score
He can come back as position coach but hes a terrible d-coordinator.

mistaowen

Reaction score
He struggled as DC in Oakland but the team needs his leadership in the locker room. Get him back here as a position coach.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Norton should have been our DC when Quinn left. He had very little talent to work with in Oakland. I would like to see him back here, but it won't happen. I don't see how he could fit in, working under Richard. You know that Pete won't dump Richard.

Exittium

Reaction score
WmHBonney":dgds9swx said:
Norton should have been our DC when Quinn left. He had very little talent to work with in Oakland. I would like to see him back here, but it won't happen. I don't see how he could fit in, working under Richard. You know that Pete won't dump Richard.

Agreed and that’s what sucks. I think he would match the defense style and aggressiveness/fire we’ve been missing with Richards. And I also agree that I don’t think with would dump or demoteRichards. One of Pete’s downfalls right there

IrishNW

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/89SteveSmith/status/933410569478180864[/tweet]

sounds like it wasn't exactly Ken Norton JR calling the defense, I take back what i said.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
IrishNW":16ystxtu said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/89SteveSmith/status/933410569478180864[/tweet]

sounds like it wasn't exactly Ken Norton JR calling the defense, I take back what i said.

Kind of sounds like what we already have....someone to do enact the game plan of the head coach. I did like his fiery approach though. Watching All Access I miss seeing that along the sidelines.