Packers and Steelers

BigBill1945

Reaction score
This one broke my back. What a disgusting loss. My fantasy team went to shit when Rogers got hurt. My back up is Smith. He sucks and has been killing me. I am dropping like a lead weight in my fantasy standings. Thanks to Alex Smith and the loss of Rogers. I wish I had Bell or Brown. Oh well.

Exittium

Reaction score
Screw Fantasy football, it’s been a huge contribution to the quality of the NFLs decline.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Why do you think that is? Seems like a lot of people really hate fantasy but I don't see what the big deal is. I play in a league but it's not super competitive. It's pretty fun and gives me a reason to watch most of the games, which I end up enjoying because football is awesome.

Speaking of this game, props to the Pack for keeping it close. Pittsburgh seemed to have many blown coverages though. They'll need to tighten that up to have even a remote shot vs. NE.

Exittium

Reaction score
Because there’s a lot of places owned/sponsored by the NFL, and I feel it also takes away from YHE GAME itself. Look at a lot of the players who hate because they’re seen as objects and “fans” are pissed because they don’t get X amount of yards or TDS.

NFL makes money from it, Players are more Objectified and I feel it takes away from the Sport of football itself.

adeltaY

Reaction score
How does it take away from the game if the person wouldn't be watching it if not for fantasy? I try to watch the good matchups no matter what and use the ESPN app to keep up with fantasy, but if they overlap it's cool.

I get the objectification thing and I think it's stupid that people get mad at players for putting up lower numbers, especially since it's a team sport and a lot of it is out of a player's control. I actually get more mad at players who steal TDs from my players haha. It's all in good fun though.

chris98251

Reaction score
It's betting on a huge scale, which leads to influence and pressures on the league, the injury report for one, when teams don't completely or make light an injury it's not just for the opposition it's for betting lines and Fantasy football leagues. This adds another element and reason to steer games for point differentials and winners. The amount of money on the line is in the Billions.

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":3spgp2uk said:
It's betting on a huge scale, which leads to influence and pressures on the league, the injury report for one, when teams don't completely or make light an injury it's not just for the opposition it's for betting lines and Fantasy football leagues. This adds another element and reason to steer games for point differentials and winners. The amount of money on the line is in the Billions.

In before some ass hat comes in and says “no it’s not” or “prove it”

I agree, and don’t care for the influence that I perceive it having.
It’s a hard thing to prove but if people are paying attention, it’s fairly easy to see.

Never have, and never will play FF.
I won’t do it for the simple fact that it forces you to cheer for players/teams that you never would otherwise.

rcaido

Reaction score
pmedic920":4re722uv said:
chris98251":4re722uv said:

In before some ass hat comes in and says “no it’s not” or “prove it”

I agree, and don’t care for the influence that I perceive it having.
It’s a hard thing to prove but if people are paying attention, it’s fairly easy to see.

Never have, and never will play FF.
I won’t do it for the simple fact that it forces you to cheer for players/teams that you never would otherwise.

That's why you draft all current & past Seahawks players!

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Screw the Stealers!
To hell with the Cheeseheads too!

kobebryant

Reaction score
I enjoy Fantasy Football, but it is the reason that I became a football fan in the first place, so I am little biased in favor of it. It was probably around 2000-2001 and I was in my teens and I became really invested in my fantasy team at a time when I hadn't yet become a fan of the NFL or the Seahawks (loved the NBA my whole life; and Basketball and Sprints were the sports I participated in, so I'm far from a football guy).

From an NFL perspective I think I'm their perfect example of why FF matters. If I didn't have any fantasy or wagering interests involved I would only watch the Seahawks, and I would skip Sunday Night, Monday Night, Thursday Night and any other window that wasn't the Hawks. Instead, with fantasy considerations, they definitely have me for the 10am and 1pm windows on Sunday, and often the three weekly night games as well.

I'd be curious what the demographics breakdown would be between FF players and non participants (I'm early 30s with a Master's), because almost everyone in my circle of friends and acquaintances participates.

Absolutely though, the seriousness and intensity that some people approach it with is repulsive and the further commodification of the athletes is problematic.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
So who wins the afc championship slash super bowl game. It's pats vs Steelers for both trophies this year. Makes me physically ill.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1orhsnmq said:
So who wins the afc championship slash super bowl game. It's pats vs Steelers for both trophies this year. Makes me physically ill.

Guessing Steelers-Chargers AFC championship.

If I had to guess right now, I’m going Steelers-Falcons. Falcons win. I can live with that.