Alex Collins on MNF

pmedic920

Reaction score
Anybody watching?

Seems he’s been averaging 5+
Yards per carry.

Playing well vs the Texans tonight as well.

Funny how some guys leave our system and seem to flourish.

Good for Collins.

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
Yeah, he looks so much faster too. Like a completely different player.

Same for Spencer Ware in KC before he got injured.

MrThortan

Reaction score
He's looking really good tonight. Makes me miss Chris Carson

Crizilla

Reaction score
more proof the Seahawks O-line is a joke and Cable needs to be FIRED

adeltaY

Reaction score
Gruden said the Ravens are "scary." LOL what a joke! They're absolutely atrocious. Watson would have destroyed them!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He looked like hot garbage with us. I was one of many that thought he was a waste of a roster spot. So why does he suddenly look so much better? Is it scheme? Coaching? What is it?

Josea16

Reaction score
:0190l: 6
pmedic920":jjngf8wl said:
Anybody watching?

Yards per carry.

Good for Collins.
Texans? So what, they are so done without Watson it isn't even worth caring about who does what against that shell of a defense without their pass rush and secondary.

Houston is practically us without Wilson with a better OL. Cooked, done....6-10 or worse. Just sad and boring given full strength they would kick the Patriots ass at full strength every day including whichever Sunday of your choice.

And no I'm not watching that joke matchup. Cable television is crap just like ESPN and MNF. ABC and Disney can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Josea16":2v3a9q0m said:
pmedic920":2v3a9q0m said:
Anybody watching?

Yards per carry.

Good for Collins.
Texans? So what, they are so done without Watson it isn't even worth caring about who does what against that shell of a defense without their pass rush and secondary.

Houston is practically us without Wilson with a better OL. Cooked, done....6-10 or worse. Just sad and boring given full strength they would kick the Patriots ass at full strength every day including whichever Sunday of your choice.

And no I'm not watching that joke matchup. Cable television is crap just like ESPN and MNF. ABC and Disney can go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

Do you have a comment on A. Collins?
You typed a whole lot of words that almost nothing to do with my post.

Exittium

Reaction score
Coaching.. IMO our staff just continues to Crap the bed offensively

ivotuk

Reaction score
Different scheme. Was just listening to BG&T, and Ross Tucker said "Tom Cable prefers the outside run zone scheme, and Eddie Lacy isn't suited for that."

Makes absolute sense to me. AC and Lacy are both up the gut runners, and need to be played that way. I just don't think Cable is flexible enough in his schemes. He has his scheme, and that's it.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Josea16":2opl3yja said:
pmedic920":2opl3yja said:
Anybody watching?

Yards per carry.

Good for Collins.

Uh, the Pats already beat a full strength Texans team this year. Also, their run defense is still excellent, as evidenced by the fact that they held our "running game" to 5 yards from the non-QBs. Clowney is the best DL against the run in the entire league.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
When you cycle more running backs and offensive linemen through your roster than any other team, over a period of years, it speaks more to a deficiency in the individual(s) responsible for the running game than to a problem with the players who have cycled through.

Oh, were we talking about Collins? While not quite to the level of ACFan, I really believed in this kid to be the workhorse of the future, with Prosise being the change up back. The inability to integrate him into a succesful running scheme was the last straw for me IN RE the coach responsible for the running game.

I never expected him to be a super star, but I did think he was well above average talent who would enjoy an average length career due to his durability. My opinion remains unchanged, although I did start to question it when he couldn’t see the field for us.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
ivotuk":5c08uxc1 said:
Different scheme. Was just listening to BG&T, and Ross Tucker said "Tom Cable prefers the outside run zone scheme, and Eddie Lacy isn't suited for that."

Makes absolute sense to me. AC and Lacy are both up the gut runners, and need to be played that way. I just don't think Cable is flexible enough in his schemes. He has his scheme, and that's it.
This. Period. I am so damn sick of watching Lacy try to get outside. This coaching staff needs to adjust the scheme to fit the players.....not vice versa. I have watched Collins a few times now. He is just hitting holes with confidence and it shows. There is no hesitation like there was here. Do the Ravens have a much better OL than we do? Or, is it a simpler scheme?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Aros":up4cogzr said:
He looked like hot garbage with us. I was one of many that thought he was a waste of a roster spot. So why does he suddenly look so much better? Is it scheme? Coaching? What is it?

Cable and Oline

Josea16

Reaction score
pmedic920":3j1hpnsi said:
Josea16":3j1hpnsi said:
pmedic920":3j1hpnsi said:
Anybody watching?

Yards per carry.

Good for Collins.

Do you have a comment on A. Collins?
You typed a whole lot of words that almost nothing to do with my post.
Collins is a good running back behind a decent OL in a scheme that fits him.

mrblitz

Reaction score
collins never really got a chance here. and then they pick up lacy for a pretty penny, and dump collins, without appreciating what they had.

cymatica

Reaction score
mrblitz":2snbqqtt said:
collins never really got a chance here. and then they pick up lacy for a pretty penny, and dump collins, without appreciating what they had.

It reminds me of Tate and Harvin on a smaller scale.