Giants named Geno Smith their new starting QB.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/935606845535932426[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/935606504828342273[/tweet]

adeltaY

Reaction score
Wow, they're doing Eli dirty. I understand the reasoning behind letting the young guys play in a lost season, but that's disrespectful to the guy who's been there for your franchise for ages.

kidhawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":10gny00a said:
Wow, they're doing Eli dirty. I understand the reasoning behind letting the young guys play in a lost season, but that's disrespectful to the guy who's been there for your franchise for ages.

From the sounds of the tweet, they were going to let Eli continue to start games and bring in the other guys to get playing time. At this point in a lost season, it's probably better in the long run, to get some young players time to see what they have and reduce the risk to your starter. Even if they were to move on from Manning this off season, if he doesn't sustain a major injury he'd still get paid somewhere.

kidhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":wegbbaut said:
Soooo, break his starting streak? What a shitty move. Buffalo Billesque.

To be fair, Eli is the one who chose not to start. They planned to start him but to get the other guys playing time. Given that option, he chose to not start at all.

Mizak

Reaction score
As soon as their 16th game is over, Mcadoo will be fired.

irocdave

Reaction score
I say Eh, never thought Eli was much more than average and got by by riding his brothers coat tails. I have to say kudos to him though for taking the benching like a champ. Sounds like his time is up in NY, bet he goes to Arizona if that's the case.

NJlargent

Reaction score
TBH, I like the move. The Giants don’t screw around. It’s time to rebuild and they are cutting bait with Eli. It’s why they win championships periodically. They too don’t stay married to anyone. And they aren’t dumb, no one expects Geno to do anything other than flop badly but it’s necessary to do for the sake of change

rcaido

Reaction score
As overrated as Eli has been, he did beat the Patriots twice! Giants got 2 Superbowls from him, they should have let him finish the season & then cut ties.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ivotuk":phpvq6g7 said:
Soooo, break his starting streak? What a shitty move. Buffalo Billesque.
Meh, as Kid pointed out, he's choosing the worse option, likely out of ego. This is a guy, after all, who refused to play for the team who drafted him, forcing a trade as a rookie.

I'm fine with him getting a little butt-hurt in his NFL golden years.

chris98251

Reaction score
Arians likes the deep ball and the Gunslinger attitude, if the Jags have success this year I doubt they go with a older QB. Coughlin aside it doesn't match what they need to do long term, they are a long term looking team. Doesn't mean he won't go there but given they are building for the future does not make as much sense as the urgency Arizona and Denver has in win now.

Latest posts