Gronk suspended for 1 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
homerun1970":3fqcewhs said:
He has already planned to appeal. I have no idea what he thinks is appealable it was a cheap shot; your coach said was a bs play, you admitted was deliberate and wrong. My take it should be at least two games plus whatever games the db loses to concussion protocol.
The players are a union, of course they're going to appeal no matter what.

It's definitely absurd that it's a one-game suspension, though...

ivotuk

Reaction score
A man that big, throwing himself on a smaller player then laying an elbow in to the guy causing a concussion. Pathetic.

He should have gotten more than that, and I wouldn't be surprised if Belicheck makes him sit a game or two.

renofox

Reaction score
How about criminal battery charges? If not, why not?

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
GeekHawk":87couexz said:
ivotuk":87couexz said:
He should have gotten more than that, and I wouldn't be surprised if Belicheck makes him sit a game or two.

Hahahahahahaha... Like that'd ever happen. :roll:

I think Belicheck is more likely to play newly acquired TE Bob Tronkowski (Rob Gronkowski wearing a fake mustache) than he is to do the "right thing" and sit Gronk for that hit.

The suspension should have been at least two games, IMO. 1) Total cheap shot to the head of a defenseless player 2) defenseless player suffered a concussion and will most likely miss a minimum of one game. Let the NFLPA/Gronk appeal it down to 1 game.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Good. I got so SICK of seeing these on the shelf, I hoped he would get suspended just for looking stupid.

6a0115709f071f970b017ee3acfea8970d.jpg

homerun1970

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":39a5685f said:
homerun1970":39a5685f said:
He has already planned to appeal. I have no idea what he thinks is appealable it was a cheap shot; your coach said was a bs play, you admitted was deliberate and wrong. My take it should be at least two games plus whatever games the db loses to concussion protocol.
The players are a union, of course they're going to appeal no matter what.

It's definitely absurd that it's a one-game suspension, though...

I can see the union appeal, but then again which union player are they going to protect? The one that was basically assaulted by his union brother or the one who did the assault.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Unions defend the wrong ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
NFL should have come down much harder on him. This is just pure malice, completely outside the game. I mean he even had time to think about it, and decided to go after it with all of his might, while a player was defenseless and not even looking.

Appealing this is just embarrassing. I know they have nothing to lose, technically, but if he was really sorry for his actions like he said - he would man up and accept the consequences.

el capitan

Reaction score
Should have been suspended for 4 games minimum, if not indefinitely. It wasn't a during a play, it was after the whistle and deliberate.

With what the league now knows about CTE they are leaving themselves wide open to be taken to the cleaners by future lawsuits. They had an opportunity to set a precedent and they blew it.

253hawk

Reaction score
The NFL has zero balls. It will take a player literally dying on the field before we see punishments that amount to more than slaps on the wrist.

adeltaY

Reaction score
The sad thing is they could suspend him for the rest of the regular season and the Pats would still win out.

Josea16

Reaction score
adeltaY":2lbhcq05 said:
The sad thing is they could suspend him for the rest of the regular season and the Pats would still win out.
You're beyond silly. As it is currently Wilson can and will match Brady play for play. Pretty interesting that our OL is decent and Davis is okay and Carson will be ready by Dallas. Yeah, it's full on non Seahawks fan.

My coworker who is a Patriots fan isn't happy and calling us cheaters. Bring it.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
renofox":3l77pe63 said:
How about criminal battery charges? If not, why not?
Heck it could be considered a sexual assault these days.

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
his audacity to appeal should tell you all you need to know about the guy, hopefully he breaks a leg next time he's on the field

rossob

Reaction score
Str8OuttaSkittles":3hi8c0xu said:
his audacity to appeal should tell you all you need to know about the guy, hopefully he breaks a leg next time he's on the field
Yeah, I don't think there is a case to be made for him to get a less severe penalty. I would really like to know how he tries to argue that.
Hopefully, next time we face the Patriots he gets a few of those.
[youtube]ciZkMeNuipQ[/youtube]

mistaowen

Reaction score
Josea16":22hnmaqo said:
adeltaY":22hnmaqo said:
You're beyond silly. As it is currently Wilson can and will match Brady play for play. Pretty interesting that our OL is decent and Davis is okay and Carson will be ready by Dallas. Yeah, it's full on non Seahawks fan.

My coworker who is a Patriots fan isn't happy and calling us cheaters. Bring it.

What? Seahawks wouldn't play the Pats this year unless in the super bowl....

Patriots do have a cake walk back to the SB, AFC is garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.