Eagles v Rams

NJlargent

Reaction score
How do you guys see this game playing out? Obviously I think we all want Philadelphia to win, and a week ago I would have been very confident of an Eagles win, but now I’m not so sure. I’m wondering if we didn’t rattle them quite a bit now, or alternatively, if we are not giving the Rams enough credit. I think, and hope, the eagles win. Vegas line is moving in the Rams favor.

Josea16

Reaction score
Rams will win. We just need to take care of business with Jacksonville and beat the Rams the week after then we're in the driver's seat.

sutz

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it being their second road game on the West Coast kind of favors the Lambs.

Now, having lost to us it could be that the Iggles are pissed off about that and play better in LA.

Haven't seen the line yet, but I imagine the Lambs are favored by at least 3.

Not much we can do besides win our games. Do that and we can catch the Rams and hold the tie breaker over them.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Eagles are good at everything the Rams are bad at. Rams are very bad at run defense, Eagles are a good running team. Rams offense struggles with aggressive defenses, especially when everything isn't an easy one read throw for Goff. Eagles have a good/fast defense. I anticipate a lot of carries for their RB's.

I think the Eagles should handle the Rams but maybe they come out flat after the Hawks loss. Historically, teams lose the next week after getting beaten up by the Seahawks.

sdog1981

Reaction score
mistaowen":9htk1lua said:
Rams are very bad at run defense, Eagles are a good running team.

When the Eagles go back and look at the tape they will see they gave up on the runway too early against the Seahawks. I just think of how the Redskins and Seahawks beat the Rams and feel the Eagles will follow the same outline.

sutz

Reaction score
The Eagles kind of need to learn how to win games when they aren't scoring 30 points or more. ;)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Rams win, although as Mistaowen pointed out, they should get in some licks.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think the Eagles are good enough, and have shame enough, to be angry that they only came in and put up 10 points. They humbly make some adjustments after seeing an actual elite defense, and the Rams lose.

toffee

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":t2ldjbl0 said:
I think the Eagles are good enough, and have shame enough, to be angry that they only came in and put up 10 points. They humbly make some adjustments after seeing an actual elite defense, and the Rams lose.

I don't see the Eagles dropping two games, their pride is on the line here. That said, spending a week on the west coast, warm weather, lala land, could do something to their conditioning. My money still on Philly.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2x8y6009 said:

So. You think Hawks get credit for a Rams loss?

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hawks showed Eagles they are not invincible.

Up to Rams now to play them. Rams are currently not playing lessor than either team.

Personally, I’d rather Rams face an on fire pissed off Eagles team now. Cuz, if we somehow get into the playoffs, this is the kinda game it’s gonna be.

Let’s see how my babies do.

RedAlice

Reaction score
toffee":3re65zur said:
RolandDeschain":3re65zur said:

I don't see the Eagles dropping two games, their pride is on the line here. That said, spending a week on the west coast, warm weather, lala land, could do something to their conditioning. My money still on Philly.

Actually, we are having major fires. Rams can’t even practice tomorrow. Eagles are a bit further south so ok for now. They have no disadvantage practicing at Angels stadium all week.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice":1b808rfs said:
RolandDeschain":1b808rfs said:

Lol, don't be salty, that's not what I said. I just think that the Eagles will rebound like the Hawks tend to after a harsh loss - fiercely.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":11zpqv9c said:
RedAlice":11zpqv9c said:
RolandDeschain":11zpqv9c said:

Lol, don't be salty, that's not what I said. I just think that the Eagles will rebound like the Hawks tend to after a harsh loss - fiercely.

I thought I’ve seen it quoted here over the years that teams tend to lose after playing at the Clink?

But yes, it was a fear of Rams fans that a Hawks win makes the Eagles mad. I say, Rams need to face the best Eagles team to see what happens.

Now, if Rams win: they faced an un-lethargic Eagles team.

Ugly win for Rams last week. I’m interested to see how they play a focused Eagles team.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Somehow, I see the eagles winning this one. Pederson is a great coach and made the decision to stay on the west coast, practice in LA and prep for the game.

I predict that there are more Eagles fans than Ram fans in the stands and Philly exposes Jared Goff.

Not to mention, the Rams are only doing Walk-thru practices the rest of the week because of poor air quality at their practice facility.

It's been said before, but this is the beginning of the end of the Rams season.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/05/philadelphia-eagles-doug-pederson-west-coast-los-angeles-rams

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I'm expecting the Hawks to blow a winnable game to Jacksonville, so for that reason I am hoping the Eagles can win to stay within striking distance. I also hope enough Eagles fans show up in LA to make it a home game for Philly.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice":kyg0iyaa said:
I thought I’ve seen it quoted here over the years that teams tend to lose after playing at the Clink?
Yes, and that has been a surprisingly common occurrence. However, that was due mainly to how punishing our defense was on the opposing offense's players, IMO. While our defense played the Eagles very well, with the injuries we have and especially with Kam Chancellor out, we are not physically punishing offenses like that at present, nor will we be for the remainder of this season.

RedAlice":kyg0iyaa said:
But yes, it was a fear of Rams fans that a Hawks win makes the Eagles mad. I say, Rams need to face the best Eagles team to see what happens.

Now, if Rams win: they faced an un-lethargic Eagles team.

Ugly win for Rams last week. I’m interested to see how they play a focused Eagles team.
Yeah, this game can really go either way, certainly; I just suspect that the Eagles will really pull out all the stops to get a win, but time will tell. :)

RedAlice

Reaction score
Omg these fires! The Santa Ana winds are crazy up there- I was up there yesterday.

Eagles are in OC, so ok. Rams pulled practice and did a walk thru only. Waiting to hear where they practice at tomorrow.

Attachments

• 15134C97-0B59-4DC9-8277-D1520BEAAAE0.jpeg
    15134C97-0B59-4DC9-8277-D1520BEAAAE0.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 1,927

xkj1985x

Reaction score
RedAlice":6g0cdx5d said:
Hawks showed Eagles they are not invincible.

Up to Rams now to play them. Rams are currently not playing lessor than either team.

Personally, I’d rather Rams face an on fire pissed off Eagles team now. Cuz, if we somehow get into the playoffs, this is the kinda game it’s gonna be.

Let’s see how my babies do.

Not sure the Eagles thought they were ever "invincible" but rather than is what opposing fans have convinced themselves into believing.

Eagles played what was easily their worst game of the year this past Sunday in all phases and still "relatively" held their own. Wentz missed a wide open Agholor in the 1st half which if caught, was likely going for 6. The fumble at the one could have been 6. The Seahawks played a damn good game (especially Russ) and flat out beat the Eagles but the Eagles did do a lot of self harm, as well.

At any rate, I think the Eagles will lock in and get it done this weekend. I expect they finally make Jay Ajayi the primary ball carrier against the porous Rams Run D and take advantage of that.

Also believe that all of the magic that Wilson created this past weekend with the Eagles spending a ton of time in the backfield will not be able to be recreated by Jared Goff and the Eagles will get to him unlike they were able to do with Russ.

Eagles win 27-20.