So Happy for Jermaine Kearse!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Go man go! they love him in New York, and I think he's found his niche. I am so appreciative of what he did here for us, and am doubly excited that he's having success in one of the largest markets in the NFL. He's earned it.

I remember when the trade went down, Pete said (paraphrasing): "They were adamant, they wanted Jermaine, that was part of the deal."

[b]Jets Week 13 Game Ball: Jermaine Kearse
[/b]
by John B Dec 4, 2017, 7:47pm EST

Jermaine Kearse had his finest game as a Jet. Feasting from the slot, Kearse tallied 9 catches for 157 yards. Six of his nine receptions went for first downs. Three of those came in clutch spots on third down.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2017/12 ... ine-kearse

Kearse, Anderson Continue to Soar in Jets Win

Meanwhile, Kearse had a pair of 40-plus yard catches. In the first quarter, Kearse brought in a 44-yarder that eventually led to a Josh McCown touchdown run to tie the game at 14. In the fourth quarter, he took a short pass 51 yards that set the Jets up with a first-and-goal at the five.

“I thought they played great,” head coach Todd Bowles said of the receiving tandem. ... They had some big catches and some tough blocks. I thought they did a good job.”

It’s not necessarily proving people wrong, it’s proving the people who believed in us right,” Kearse said. “I think that’s our focus. We don’t necessarily worry about people who doubt us, but the people that support us and have our back. We do it for them.”

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article ... ff9dd27ee6

Jets’ breakout wide receivers don’t care what their critics think

If that’s what it takes to fuel this wide receiver breakout, more power to Robby Anderson and Jermaine Kearse, who turned the Chiefs’ secondary into burnt ends Sunday.

“There’s a lot of chemistry and we are proving a lot of critics wrong,’’ Anderson said of the twin Jet engines.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/03/jets-brea ... ics-think/

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jermaine Kearse didn't cry about going from Seahawks to Jets. He embraced it.

The wide receiver from Seattle has thrived in his new role as a veteran leader in New York.

"True, it makes you feel a certain type of way. You tell me, no, and then I get the opposite. It was bittersweet. I had relationships with all of those guys up there; we all came up together. But this was an opportunity. It was a new chapter."

So this Seattle-bred Pop Warner, high school, wide receiver from the University of Washington and the Seahawks packed his memories. He turned to his wife of two years, Marisa, and to his then 3-month-old daughter, Rylee, and said we’ve made it here.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/10/166 ... trade-2017

sutz

Reaction score
I'm not surprised. Despite all the haters around here, I always liked the kid. Good to see him get a new start in NY.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Great to see him doing well. Change of scenery was wonderful for him and he is a true competitor.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Another piece of evidence that the Seahawk receivers current and former are not "pedestrian" as one so called talking head said they were. Baldwin, Kearse, and Tate are doing well in their respective spots and for their teams.

907Hawk

Reaction score
''Quick, somebody get some stickum for Kearse to put on those pool cues he calls hands." scottymojo

This was posted on dot net the day Kearse was brought up from the practice squad. Its nice to see him killing it for the Jets.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm happy for him to even though I don't think he's the most talented guy and his ceiling was never real high he always hard and made big plays for us.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I loved the excitement he had. Always seemed to produce exciting plays when unexpected.

One of the best TDs in the Owl history.
[youtube]AKnzkF_QtX0[/youtube]

Not to mention the circus catch from XLIX and the clincher in OT from the NFC Championship game vs GB.

Threedee

Reaction score
Kearse would have locked-down a future spot in the Ring of Honor with that SB catch if his moronic OC hadn't sabotaged his efforts two plays later.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I always have maintained that he was always the last receiver in WIlson's progression and by then, it was a desperate Wilson running for his life and throwing a desperate pass that had no chance in hell to be caught... but it was Kearse who's responsibility it was to catch that desperate turd.