Where to watch Seahawks game in London

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
This Sunday I will be in London and would like to know if anyone knows a pub to watch the game at. I will be staying near Lewisham High Street, Lewisham, London, SE13 5AF. I have never been to London before so any help would be great. Gotta represent no matter where I am. Go Hawks.

Thanks

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'd post this in the Seahawks forum. It gets a lot more traffic, and it seems team related to me!

Hawkspur

Reaction score
There are lots of good pubs for the early games but most have to close at around 11pm, meaning you only get about the first half of the late games. Hopefully you'll be able to find somewhere but if not, I'd recommend getting a free trial of gamepass international and watching via that. Good luck!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
English pubs close at 11pm? WTF? Has it always been like that? (Never been there, assumed they'd stay open later, assumed we took our closing time from some English tradition or another)

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Yeah, it takes a bit of getting used to. In the places I'd lived previously you'd often not even arrive at the pub until 11. But one of the amazing things about the UK is the number of pubs there are. They are everywhere, even in the country and the suburbs. It's unusual to not have at least a couple of pubs within easy walking distance of your home, wherever you live. Because of this, licensing laws aim to limit late night noise. Hence no booze sold after 11.

Pubs can apply for a late license but because they're expensive It's usually just night clubs that get them. I think if NFL games were on Saturday more pubs might try to get a late license but the lack of randoms out getting boozed on sunday means it's not worth it for them financially. Sports bars are often allowed 5 per year which they use for the Superbowl and rugby matches in NZ or Australia which would get the biggest crowds.

That said, there may be sports bars with a late license that I don't know about.

Latest posts