NFL Signs $500 Million Streaming Pact w/Verizon

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-signs-dollar500-million-deal-with-verizon-to-stream-games/ar-BBGAEoI[/urltargetblank]

The deal begins next month, meaning postseason games and the Super Bowl will be streamed on Verizon platforms.

Verizon currently has a $250 million streaming deal with the NFL, but the new deal will increase the availability of content and not limit it to Verizon mobile subscribers. Yahoo and Yahoo Sports, which are owned by Verizon, will be streaming games for users of any mobile network. The same will be true with the NFL mobile app.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'll pirate games until they let me legitimately purchase HD quality live streams that are NOT BEHIND THE TV BROADCAST ONES on a one-off basis which I can watch on any platform I choose.

Let me buy quality content à la carte, and you'll have my money. Seriously, the NFL is just missing out because like the RIAA (plus Metallica) and MPAA, they're a bunch of old fuddy-duddies too ignorant of technology and youth to understand.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
I sometimes stream games through verizon, and I think their games are truly live. Unlike Watch ESPN, Fox Now, CBS All Access, etc., who would still rather have you watch on TV, verizon doesn't have any current incentive to delay live content. I have no idea how that will work once they start live streaming games on yahoo.

907Hawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":205s6jtc said:
I'll pirate games until they let me legitimately purchase HD quality live streams that are NOT BEHIND THE TV BROADCAST ONES on a one-off basis which I can watch on any platform I choose.

Let me buy quality content à la carte, and you'll have my money. Seriously, the NFL is just missing out because like the RIAA (plus Metallica) and MPAA, they're a bunch of old fuddy-duddies too ignorant of technology and youth to understand.

This, It's just a matter of time before they offer HD Live stream, meanwhile they continue to missout on all the people who are watching for free right now.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":19u9rrt1 said:

Same with me..
Watched last week on Skynet,very interesting to say the least.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
IndyHawk":elbmhag9 said:
Same with me..
Sky Sports, you mean; or did Skynet from The Terminator take over while I wasn't looking? :lol:

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
907Hawk":266mw1m9 said:
RolandDeschain":266mw1m9 said:

This, It's just a matter of time before they offer HD Live stream, meanwhile they continue to missout on all the people who are watching for free right now.
Yep. Been streaming for free for years, but I would be more than happy to pay if it wasn't tied to a DirectTV subscription.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2vdtu4zw said:
IndyHawk":2vdtu4zw said:
Same with me..
Sky Sports, you mean; or did Skynet from The Terminator take over while I wasn't looking? :lol:
Ha Ha..Sky Sports of course
First time I ever watched british commercials.One had an Audi sports car with a SNOW button.
I am not kidding and their commercials are so early 90's nice(for real)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yeah, I've enjoyed watching random British commercials here and there as well. Some of them are VERY different in nature.