I'm jealous

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I thought the Rams were foolish to hire a 31 year old to run their team. Boy, was I wrong. McVay looks like the real deal. He could be the Rams coach for a loooooong time. I love the atmosphere he's built and the style of team he runs.

original poster

Reaction score
Yeah early days but going from where they were last year to this year is a big jump.

He deserves every bit of credit he gets and as mentioned, could have him for 30+ years potentially.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
He’s handsome.

(So glad that’s off my shoulders.. what a relief)

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Bobblehead":fpsba3k2 said:
Kinda like when Pete was first hired huh?

Yeah, which is part of my jealousy. I miss those early days when we could feel that the best was just around the corner.

IrishNW

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2a5dw2rl said:
I thought the Rams were foolish to hire a 31 year old to run their team. Boy, was I wrong. McVay looks like the real deal. He could be the Rams coach for a loooooong time. I love the atmosphere he's built and the style of team he runs.

Hes doing really well this season, but lets see what happens when he faces some diversity. Bruce Arians won coach of the year with the cardinals and now look at that team.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
HawkFan72":17au8yvy said:

He really does deserve a ton of credit. By a lot of advanced metrics Goff has just been an average QB this year. But his numbers put him top 7 in most categories.

The league WILL catch up to the scheme after this year or next - the good news is that the Rams are incredibly young and talented.

But even then, the only way we continue to ascend is if Goff keeps getting better.

Lots of key free agents to re-sign, but we have a TON of cap space, so hopefully we can bring everyone back.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
IrishNW":21won2nb said:
HawkFan72":21won2nb said:

Hes doing really well this season, but lets see what happens when he faces some diversity. Bruce Arians won coach of the year with the cardinals and now look at that team.

One major difference there is that the Cardinals core players were quite a bit older.

Almost every major contributor on this team is 26 or younger.

Seahawks4life

Reaction score
honestly Mcvay's' smartest moves were the coaches he put around him. That set them up for success. I'm interested to see what happens once wade phillips etc are gone.

Either way heck of a job by coach.

kobebryant

Reaction score
He's awesome, absolutely.

But as we saw here, the real challenge comes once you've hit the top, egos get involved and tough personnel decisions have to be made. Big deals elsewhere force you to make tough decisions on heart and soul guys like Red and Breno.

Gurley, Donald, and Trumaine's next contracts are going to force some tough decisions elsewhere. The next LT will not be as good as Whitworth etc etc. What is Goff's ceiling? is he worth 20m+ if that ceiling is just solid/decent. Kupp's second deal will probably force a tough decision on either Watkins or Woods.

How they navigate that will be key. Though with Wade, McVay and Fassell they'll always have good coaching; and for the time being they're fun as heck to watch.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":19vl4cfd said:
IrishNW":19vl4cfd said:
HawkFan72":19vl4cfd said:

One major difference there is that the Cardinals core players were quite a bit older.

Almost every major contributor on this team is 26 or younger.

Yeah but they gonna need to get paid at some point.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Yes, I agree.

Lots of great moves in the offseason, too. The Rams are getting more out of Robert Woods than Buffalo ever could. Insanely good signing. Ditto the left tackle that played for Cinci.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
original poster":35lpktnf said:
Yeah early days but going from where they were last year to this year is a big jump.

He deserves every bit of credit he gets and as mentioned, could have him for 30+ years potentially.

He inherited a team that only Jeff Fisher could guide to a .500 record. He only needed to be merely adequate to find success there.

IrishNW":35lpktnf said:

Bruce Arians absolutely did not deserve coach of the year. What a joke of an award.