No flex game next week. Falcons game moved to 1:25 p.m. PT

Cyrus12

Reaction score
So we don't need to start hoping for Derek Anderson and Fozzy Whitaker to have a big game?? Still a bit worried the Panthers dont show up just to screw us. Guess this what happens when you leave your playoff hopes with another team...

MrThortan

Reaction score
Bummer. I was going to watch that as the early game. Was hoping by the time the Seahawks hit the field they would know whether or not their fates were in their own hands. Here's to the #6 seed :irishdrinkers:

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
With Sark as the Atlanta o.c., there's always a chance for the Panthers, even if they rest people.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Being nervous is part of it, I think we all are. But, the fact that they are playing for the possibility of playoffs and a 6th straight 10 win season is pretty damn cool. I like that the game is at the same time, would have sucked to hear that Clam blew it and we don't have the chance to get in before we play etc.

Still loving the fact that so many people said this team is DONE and has NO CHANCE of making the playoffs. :irishdrinkers:

ctrcat

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1vg5162c said:
So we don't need to start hoping for Derek Anderson and Fozzy Whitaker to have a big game?? Still a bit worried the Panthers dont show up just to screw us. Guess this what happens when you leave your playoff hopes with another team...

Nope, only Kaelin Clay and Brenton Bersin. Olsen is back (and the Panthers have not lost all year with him), but speed guys Dameire Byrd joined Curtis Samuel on IR this week. Benjamin is gone obviously. Funchess and now likely Russell Shepard should be back after recent shoulder injuries. Again Cam had no offseason and was NOT healthy at the beginning of the year, but he’s played like an MVP most of the year (I don’t care what the stats say (and he did have the best TD/INT % in the league the 2nd half of the year before Bersin’s sure catch turned into an INT last week)). I mean look at his WR corps^^^^^. Gimme a break!!!!!

On D, the Panthers have been shellacked and done the shellacking in Atlanta in recent years. Charles Johnson and Thomas Davis are Georgia natives that’ve always played well against those guys and should be fresh coming off suspensions. Everyone else should be locked and loaded to bring pain to Matthew (within the rules). Last year there was no pressure, this year there should be and must be.

The Panthers truly do, and should, believe the Bucs have a chance at home against a banged up Saints team. And even if not, Atlanta is and always will be Public Enemy #1. The Panthers want to win this as much or more as any game on the schedule.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I found this to be more amusing...and realistic.

"Welcome to the anticlimax of a limp and generally unsatisfying 2017 NFL season!

The Week 17 schedule is so lame that the NFL opted not to flex a game into prime time on Sunday. It's like Ryan Seacrest starting the countdown at 7 p.m. so he can get to bed early.

The NFL's decision to call the scheduling equivalent of a draw play on 3rd-and-20 was universally hailed by fans, which may be the ultimate expression of the state of the NFL in 2017. "

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749 ... fl-week-17

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
If things go right I heard the Panthers have a chance at the number 2 seed. This was on GMF and have no idea if it's right but I'm sure the panthers will be doing all they can to win.

adeltaY

Reaction score
SCam been at an MVP level most of the year? LOL what a joke. Let's hope he sustains that elite level of performance on Sunday. Shoot, he's thrown for fewer than 200 yards in 8 games, maybe he can crack that benchmark to give him half a season above 200.

ctrcat

Reaction score
adeltaY":xz5vqnxc said:
SCam been at an MVP level most of the year? LOL what a joke. Let's hope he sustains that elite level of performance on Sunday. Shoot, he's thrown for fewer than 200 yards in 8 games, maybe he can crack that benchmark to give him half a season above 200.

-no offseason, coming off surgery

-outdueled Brady, Stafford, Rodgers, and Ryan in shootouts

-put up 31 on arguably the best D in the league (Vikings) and had a 60 yard run to win it

-#1 WR traded mid-season

#2 WR on IR

-All-Pro TE on IR until December

-Below average LT

-top 2 RBs have barely eeked 1,000 while he’s the leading rusher, again

-easily the worst WR corps in the league

-below average secondary which has forced him to come from behind or ice games on his own

-possibility to be 12-4 and win the toughest division in football while also playing against the tough NFCN and at New England

adeltaY

Reaction score
Don't want to hijack another thread with this "debate" so I won't go through those points. Suffice it to say calling SCam an MVP this season is absolutely laughable.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Cam is awesome. But I suppose that is a cute nickname for a man that you'll never come across in person.

RedAlice

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3t96jy54 said:
If things go right I heard the Panthers have a chance at the number 2 seed. This was on GMF and have no idea if it's right but I'm sure the panthers will be doing all they can to win.

They do. Here's the chance:

Bears beat Vikes
Panthers beat Atlanta
Niners beat Rams
Bucs beat Saints

Rams are resting starters, so that one is likely. Saints are playing for the division, so they won't be rolling over for the Bucs. And well, Bears.

Btw, IF that unlikely scenario comes to pass and Hawks also win - Hawks will play in Minny for WC game. Rams would host Saints and Panthers and Eagles would have a bye.

Extremely unlikely.

adeltaY

Reaction score
kobebryant":184ey7j3 said:
Cam is awesome. But I suppose that is a cute nickname for a man that you'll never come across in person.

Yeah it rolls off the tongue. I think he's a great player and fun to watch but very overrated by some.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RedAlice":2pwv578e said:
UK_Seahawk":2pwv578e said:

Bears beat Vikes
Panthers beat Atlanta
Niners beat Rams
Bucs beat Saints

Rams are resting starters, so that one is likely. Saints are playing for the division, so they won't be rolling over for the Bucs. And well, Bears.

Btw, IF that unlikely scenario comes to pass and Hawks also win - Hawks will play in Minny for WC game. Rams would host Saints and Panthers and Eagles would have a bye.

Extremely unlikely.

Thanks Lady in Red.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":npjv2uzz said:
UK_Seahawk":npjv2uzz said:

Bears beat Vikes
Panthers beat Atlanta
Niners beat Rams
Bucs beat Saints

Extremely unlikely.
I'm calling it...The Da Bears..Young hard playing team with nothing but this game to play for.
They get those rbs going Vikes will be in trouble.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1agt3100 said:
I found this to be more amusing...and realistic.

"Welcome to the anticlimax of a limp and generally unsatisfying 2017 NFL season!

The Week 17 schedule is so lame that the NFL opted not to flex a game into prime time on Sunday. It's like Ryan Seacrest starting the countdown at 7 p.m. so he can get to bed early.

The NFL's decision to call the scheduling equivalent of a draw play on 3rd-and-20 was universally hailed by fans, which may be the ultimate expression of the state of the NFL in 2017. "

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2749 ... fl-week-17
I think the maximizes drama.

Latest posts