How lucky are we?...

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Meh, I'm not afraid of Jimmy G yet. Let's wait for some game film on him after almost a full season

His success is more so rooted in great schemes. He's lucky to have been in both Belicheck's and now Kyle Shanahan's system. But his talent and leadership is definitely high quality

But to put this in perspective, who's he going to be better than? Brady? He's beatable. So was Peyton, Brees, or any of the other great Qbs over the years. The media tends to fall in love with the new hot thing. Pete will continue to maintain the defense and the team we need to compete

adeltaY

Reaction score
I'm happy they did. I know many here are skeptical, but I'm close to sold on the Savior. Looks like a young Brady out there.

BamKam

Reaction score
If I didn't already know I would think Jimmy Garroppollooo has surpassed Joe Montana when it comes to greatest 49er QBs of all time. Lets give him a full season of consistent play before we say the 49ers are back. QBs who don't have a lot of opposing film on them have the luxury of not showing their hand yet. Look at what happened to Kaepernick after teams figured out how to beat him.

It wouldn't surprise me if NE is just loaning him to SF until Tom retires to try and get him back. Brady and Jimmy have the same agent and Tom will be done sooner rather than later.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Look at what he is doing with what he has to work with.
Wait until he has even more to work with. This could get interesting again.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2xtj110f said:
It’s not that unheard of. I remember a rookie QB in the recent past whose top 2 receivers were UDFA. 8)

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2urcxh9t said:
WmHBonney":2urcxh9t said:
It’s not that unheard of. I remember a rookie QB in the recent past whose top 2 receivers were UDFA. 8)

Yeah, but that rookie QB was only good because of his defense and RB. He brought nothing to the table of his own. He was like me showing up to a family dinner.

rjdriver

Reaction score
If he ends up marginal, I’m stoked as Hawks fan. If he ends up the next Tom Brady, I’m stoked as a “I hate the Pats smug organization fan”. Seamlessly going from one Brady to the next would have been too much to handle.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Rat":6liq6wsg said:
... that the Niners started CJ Beathard against us for some reason?
You mean instead of Hoyer?

How lucky are the teams that played Houston, Green Bay and Philadelphia post QB injury? Come to think of it, Seahawks played all three of these teams pre QB injuries. They should probably add a tie-breaker consideration to account for this. ie both teams beat the Eagles but one was against Foles; you lose the tiebreaker..

Tusc2000

Reaction score
adeltaY":m6e2zvxj said:
I'm happy they did. I know many here are skeptical, but I'm close to sold on the Savior. Looks like a young Brady out there.

He's done a lot with a little. If they get him some more weapons, they'll be decent next year. We're in a division with two very young, but very good offensive-minded coaches. Our draft this coming year needs to be much better.

NINEster

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1eujcorh said:
Meh, I'm not afraid of Jimmy G yet. Let's wait for some game film on him after almost a full season

His success is more so rooted in great schemes. He's lucky to have been in both Belicheck's and now Kyle Shanahan's system. But his talent and leadership is definitely high quality

But to put this in perspective, who's he going to be better than? Brady? He's beatable. So was Peyton, Brees, or any of the other great Qbs over the years. The media tends to fall in love with the new hot thing. Pete will continue to maintain the defense and the team we need to compete

The most exciting thing about Jimmy G is the fact that for once the 49ers actually have a shot at beating the Seahawks.

Even if they bring back the 2013 defense next season, it's going to be possible because the QB position and OC are finally high caliber.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
I remember Kaepernick also being the next Joe Montana when he started out.

Let's see where Jimmy G is a couple of years from now.

NINEster

Reaction score
Vpk0718":35j4u3sz said:
I remember Kaepernick also being the next Joe Montana when he started out.

Let's see where Jimmy G is a couple of years from now.

Russell Wilson was proclaimed the next big thing his rookie year without a legendary Hawk QB to compare him to.

I think it's safe to say JG will still be in the NFL a few years from now.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
NINEster":ke3c2784 said:
I think it's safe to say JG will still be in the NFL a few years from now.
Really sticking your neck out there with that statement. lol