Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

How lucky are we?...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
How lucky are we?...
Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:23 am
  • ... that the Niners started CJ Beathard against us for some reason?
    User avatar
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 5121
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


Re: How lucky are we?...
Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:37 am
  • Meh, I'm not afraid of Jimmy G yet. Let's wait for some game film on him after almost a full season

    His success is more so rooted in great schemes. He's lucky to have been in both Belicheck's and now Kyle Shanahan's system. But his talent and leadership is definitely high quality

    But to put this in perspective, who's he going to be better than? Brady? He's beatable. So was Peyton, Brees, or any of the other great Qbs over the years. The media tends to fall in love with the new hot thing. Pete will continue to maintain the defense and the team we need to compete
    User avatar
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 902
    Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:05 am


Re: How lucky are we?...
Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:21 am
  • I'm happy they did. I know many here are skeptical, but I'm close to sold on the Savior. Looks like a young Brady out there.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: How lucky are we?...
Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:26 am
  • If I didn't already know I would think Jimmy Garroppollooo has surpassed Joe Montana when it comes to greatest 49er QBs of all time. Lets give him a full season of consistent play before we say the 49ers are back. QBs who don't have a lot of opposing film on them have the luxury of not showing their hand yet. Look at what happened to Kaepernick after teams figured out how to beat him.

    It wouldn't surprise me if NE is just loaning him to SF until Tom retires to try and get him back. Brady and Jimmy have the same agent and Tom will be done sooner rather than later.
    BamKam
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 441
    Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:50 pm


Re: How lucky are we?...
Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:11 pm
  • Look at what he is doing with what he has to work with.
    Wait until he has even more to work with. This could get interesting again.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    User avatar
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1606
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


Re: How lucky are we?...
Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:53 pm
  • WmHBonney wrote:Look at what he is doing with what he has to work with.
    Wait until he has even more to work with. This could get interesting again.

    It’s not that unheard of. I remember a rookie QB in the recent past whose top 2 receivers were UDFA. 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24129
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: How lucky are we?...
Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:02 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    WmHBonney wrote:Look at what he is doing with what he has to work with.
    Wait until he has even more to work with. This could get interesting again.

    It’s not that unheard of. I remember a rookie QB in the recent past whose top 2 receivers were UDFA. 8)


    Yeah, but that rookie QB was only good because of his defense and RB. He brought nothing to the table of his own. He was like me showing up to a family dinner.
    User avatar
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5532
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:04 pm


Re: How lucky are we?...
Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:20 pm
  • If he ends up marginal, I’m stoked as Hawks fan. If he ends up the next Tom Brady, I’m stoked as a “I hate the Pats smug organization fan”. Seamlessly going from one Brady to the next would have been too much to handle.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    User avatar
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1953
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:11 am
    Location: Utah


Re: How lucky are we?...
Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:57 pm
  • Rat wrote:... that the Niners started CJ Beathard against us for some reason?

    You mean instead of Hoyer?

    How lucky are the teams that played Houston, Green Bay and Philadelphia post QB injury? Come to think of it, Seahawks played all three of these teams pre QB injuries. They should probably add a tie-breaker consideration to account for this. ie both teams beat the Eagles but one was against Foles; you lose the tiebreaker..
    User avatar
    Palmegranite
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 398
    Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:53 am


Re: How lucky are we?...
Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:54 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:I'm happy they did. I know many here are skeptical, but I'm close to sold on the Savior. Looks like a young Brady out there.


    He's done a lot with a little. If they get him some more weapons, they'll be decent next year. We're in a division with two very young, but very good offensive-minded coaches. Our draft this coming year needs to be much better.
    Tusc2000
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 224
    Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:33 am


Re: How lucky are we?...
Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:00 am
  • Scorpion05 wrote:Meh, I'm not afraid of Jimmy G yet. Let's wait for some game film on him after almost a full season

    His success is more so rooted in great schemes. He's lucky to have been in both Belicheck's and now Kyle Shanahan's system. But his talent and leadership is definitely high quality

    But to put this in perspective, who's he going to be better than? Brady? He's beatable. So was Peyton, Brees, or any of the other great Qbs over the years. The media tends to fall in love with the new hot thing. Pete will continue to maintain the defense and the team we need to compete


    The most exciting thing about Jimmy G is the fact that for once the 49ers actually have a shot at beating the Seahawks.

    Even if they bring back the 2013 defense next season, it's going to be possible because the QB position and OC are finally high caliber.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1668
    Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 7:06 pm


Re: How lucky are we?...
Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:32 pm
  • Shoot we'll take the 2013 defense back.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: How lucky are we?...
Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:52 pm
  • I remember Kaepernick also being the next Joe Montana when he started out.

    Let's see where Jimmy G is a couple of years from now.
    Vpk0718
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 547
    Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:42 pm


Re: How lucky are we?...
Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:22 am
  • Vpk0718 wrote:I remember Kaepernick also being the next Joe Montana when he started out.

    Let's see where Jimmy G is a couple of years from now.


    Russell Wilson was proclaimed the next big thing his rookie year without a legendary Hawk QB to compare him to.

    I think it's safe to say JG will still be in the NFL a few years from now.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1668
    Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 7:06 pm


Re: How lucky are we?...
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:18 am
  • NINEster wrote:

    I think it's safe to say JG will still be in the NFL a few years from now.

    Really sticking your neck out there with that statement. lol
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4066
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am




It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online