Is Dez washed up?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I heard Aikman/Buck saying it was probaly time to move Dez into the slot role and make someone else your go to WR like Cards did with Fitz.
I don't think the guys going to admit he has lost a step or two and accept a Welker role.
Such a drama queen but would he fit here?Lose JG but get him?His size and catching ability intrigue me.
I'm not looking at Sundays game or this year..Say it's bad year and he has 1-2 good left?

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
he would get targeted less here ;) then the tantrums would be funny to see but id much prefer trying to grab martevius bryant from the steelers

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Oh no no no. Please don’t bring that drama queen Dez here.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Washed up? Dude had like three good seasons. One more than David Boston, I suppose.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1qyj5bbh said:
I heard Aikman/Buck saying it was probaly time to move Dez into the slot role and make someone else your go to WR like Cards did with Fitz.
I don't think the guys going to admit he has lost a step or two and accept a Welker role.
Such a drama queen but would he fit here?Lose JG but get him?His size and catching ability intrigue me.
I'm not looking at Sundays game or this year..Say it's bad year and he has 1-2 good left?
Hell to the NO!
The guy is a HUGE drama queen and is severely overpaid.

Not to mention he has severe character issues and is a mental midget.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He's not sudden enough to ever be very good in the slot.

His best role moving forward is probably on the outside as a post-up target. It has limited value, in most offenses. I don't know if he has the mentality to really bring it if he's not getting a ton of targets.

sutz

Reaction score
nanomoz":32rxpbdq said:
His best role moving forward is probably on the outside as a post-up target. It has limited value, in most offenses. I don't know if he has the mentality to really bring it if he's not getting a ton of targets.
You mean kind of like Jimmy Graham?

:stirthepot:

mistaowen

Reaction score
He became lesser of a WR the minute they went from Romo to Prescott. Dak works when the running game is going - short field with play action that has to keep the defense honest. Series where they get one or two good runs before a short third? Dak looks fine and they move the ball well. 3rd and 7+? Good luck, as seen in the Seahawks game. Lots of 3 and outs, ill-advised throws, etc.

Dez is certainly a drama queen but he doesn't fit the style of offense the Cowboys need to succeed with Dak. Air it out offense with a couple other decent targets (Cards, Raiders, etc) I think would see him back to normal.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Dez Bryant would count $16.5 million against the Dallas cap next year, and he says he probably won't renegotiate.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2017":36zd0opb said:
Dez Bryant would count $16.5 million against the Dallas cap next year, and he says he probably won't renegotiate.
Good I hope he screws them to death and then Dak and that big lines money becomes due and they still have Romo on books for next season..Love it!

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
If I were the Colts... I'd gun for Dez. Luck and Dez could be a lethal combo.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3t6bbx17 said:
Luck never plays and Dez rarely shows up. 8)

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":229g2ftf said:
Sox-n-Hawks":229g2ftf said:
Luck never plays and Dez rarely shows up. 8)

HAHA. Actually, I had a thought that Graham and Dez would give Luck the kind of targets he was used to at Sanford. It might work if they could all stay healthy and play well.