Head coaching carousel

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Let's see. So far we have the following HC openings.

Indianapolis Colts
Chicago Bears
Oakland Raiders
Detroit Lions
New York Giants

Marvin Lewis is also out of contract in Cincinnati with no word of if he'll be re-signed, and Bruce Arians is expected to retire from Arizona.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":mpm5kphm said:

Indianapolis Colts
Chicago Bears
Oakland Raiders
Detroit Lions
New York Giants

Marvin Lewis is also out of contract in Cincinnati with no word of if he'll be re-signed, and Bruce Arians is expected to retire from Arizona.

I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I think the Lions are a couple of key coaching changes from being down right dangerous.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2wuojkat said:
SeatownJay":2wuojkat said:

Indianapolis Colts
Chicago Bears
Oakland Raiders
Detroit Lions
New York Giants

I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I think the Lions are a couple of key coaching changes from being down right dangerous.
Well they did just have back-to-back winning seasons for the first time since the mid-90s. Report is their top targets are New England's OC Josh McDaniels and DC Matt Patricia.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":eb7dq7ev said:
Sox-n-Hawks":eb7dq7ev said:
SeatownJay":eb7dq7ev said:

Indianapolis Colts
Chicago Bears
Oakland Raiders
Detroit Lions
New York Giants

Well they did just have back-to-back winning seasons for the first time since the mid-90s. Report is their top targets are New England's OC Josh McDaniels and DC Matt Patricia.

McDaniels would wreck house with Stafford in the pocket. That's a scary proposition

pmedic920

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2ct7w6f4 said:
It won't likely happen, but if there is even the slightest chance of O'Brien leaving the Texans, then bring him here NOW to replace Bevell and, eventually, Pete.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2166 ... l-openings

I don’t have a link right now but heard the other day that he’s staying.

JJ and the QB both healthy next season, the Texans should be contenders.

This conundrum has been my issue all along.

We need changes but the pool to draw from is pretty shallow.

Probably going to take a genius to pick folks from the NCAA that can work well with whoever stays in our system.

original poster

Reaction score
NFL.com have confirmed Bruce Arians is retiring so you can add the Cards to the list.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SeatownJay":133wt554 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":133wt554 said:
SeatownJay":133wt554 said:

Indianapolis Colts
Chicago Bears
Oakland Raiders
Detroit Lions
New York Giants
Arizona Cardinals

Arians just retired...saw it on bottom line on college bowl game.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Sounds like John DeFilippo is getting some interest around the league for HC interviews. Would be quite the jump with only a year of OC under his belt but who knows.

Anchovy of Terror

Reaction score
oddly no ones posted but... former chiefs oc Matt naggy is the new Bears head coach. He only has a year in KC as an OC and had a good offense there. Don’t know much else as he’s a young up and comer.
Best thing about him is he can call his wife Mrs naggy without having to hide the kitchen knives.