Packers looking for new GM

original poster

Reaction score
Packers have found a new role within the organization for Ted.

My money goes on an internal hire.

It’s worth noting that JS is under contract for several more years and doss not have a clause that allows him to go to GB if a position became available.

Exittium

Reaction score
JS won’t go anywhere, he’s already talked about how much he enjoys it here but more importantly I remember him saying something about the immediate medical access or something for his son.

Jville

Reaction score
At the time of this post, it is 0 degrees Fahrenheit in Green Bay. The projected low for Green Bay tonight is -6 degrees.

The Schneider family has settle into Seattle. Seattle is home sweet home.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Would you miss a guy who has failed miserably in his last 4 drafts? I think John should be the first guy to leave ... if this team should get better soon,

Tinymac2

Reaction score
Hope he stays. Smart guy. He's just getting it dialed in. Love his 2017 class, except bad driver boy. I've bashed him on the ongoing oline issue but he can fix that easy.

Jville

Reaction score
It's now - 3 in Green Bay.

John's staying put.

randomation

Reaction score
This is a move from them to lock up the Young Wolf since it's expected there will be gm jobs open.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Tinymac2":2a03t413 said:
Hope he stays. Smart guy. He's just getting it dialed in. Love his 2017 class, except bad driver boy. I've bashed him on the ongoing oline issue but he can fix that easy.
Dialed in? He's been here for 7 years and his best drafts were when he got here. You can't consistently miss on 1st rounders and be getting dialed in.

If he could fix the line issue easily why wouldn't he have done it years ago? Its literally been an ongoing issue since he's been the GM.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Subzero717

Reaction score
randomation":9xn9irck said:
This is a move from them to lock up the Young Wolf since it's expected there will be gm jobs open.
I think there was a legitimate frustration growing with TT and it hit its breaking point. Much like our O-line the lack of drafting and or retaining on defense in GB is a real issue.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
Subzero717":l4o0e1tg said:
Tinymac2":l4o0e1tg said:
Dialed in? He's been here for 7 years and his best drafts were when he got here. You can't consistently miss on 1st rounders and be getting dialed in.

If he could fix the line issue easily why wouldn't he have done it years ago? Its literally been an ongoing issue since he's been the GM.

His 1 rounders. Okung, ET, Bruce, Carp, Ifedi.

Last draft, Naz, Shaq, Carson, 2 safties stashed, Pocic.

Why?, is the question indeed.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Tinymac2":igjjzs1d said:
Subzero717":igjjzs1d said:
Tinymac2":igjjzs1d said:

His 1 rounders. Okung, ET, Bruce, Carp, Ifedi.

Last draft, Naz, Shaq, Carson, 2 safties stashed, Pocic.

Why?, is the question indeed.

Why what? Why does Ifedi stink and Carp not a first rd talent? The 1st rounders he traded away that never panned out? Trading down for and taking a guy that was thrown out of interviews at the combine while ignoring glaring needs on the roster only to have said player wreck an ATV miss the season and get arrested during that missed season for being a moron.

The 2017 draft is to be determined.

2016 had 10 picks. Outside of Reed none have really panned out. 6 aren't even on the roster. 3 RBs were taken and none finished this season with the team. One flourishing on another roster while out leading rusher was our QB.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Stay on topic please.

Eliot Wolf – Director-Football Operations

Wolf is the son of Hall of Fame former Packers GM Ron Wolf and has been with the organization since 2004.

He has been moving up the ladder consistently in recent years, and he has been on the short list for GM positions around the NFL as he was interviewed by the San Francisco 49ers last year and had the possibility of being interviewed by the Detroit Lions in previous years.

Prior to his job promotion two seasons ago, Wolf had served in the personnel department, which required him to have knowledge of all players around the NFL that can help make the team better. His background in this area can help push the Packers over the top and provide them more postseason success.

https://www.isportsweb.com/2018/01/02/g ... andidates/

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Soooo.....a traditionally successful team loses the MVP of their team to an injury and the team misses the playoffs and they STILL shake things up with this move and with their DC. THIS IS HOW YOU STAY AT THE TOP.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Since 2000, the Packers have appeared in 4 NFC Championship Games. Winning one, and going on to win the one Super Bowl they appeared in. Not exactly a paragon of greatness.

Seahawks have appeared in and won 3 NFCCGs, and one ring.

In that same time frame, the Pats have appeared in 10 AFCCGs, winning 7, and taking home 5 rings.

If you want to pick a ruthlessly successful team to model, there’s your huckleberry.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Now they have axed their OC and QB coach also.