Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Bengals sign Marvin Lewis to Extension

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Bengals sign Marvin Lewis to Extension
Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:31 pm

• I remember wanting Holmgren gone badly because he hadn't won a playoff game in six years. Lewis is on a 16-year playoff winless streak.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• We are the Bengals..the Bengals are us....what a horrible move....
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• The Browns and Bengals should have a very close bond next season.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I thought he was on the way out by the way the media made it sound a couple of weeks ago?
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran

• Don't want to get anywhere political but both Hue and Marvin keep their jobs. Does this have anything to do with Rooney rule??? Both should be fired obviously.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• IHMO ...... not at all ..... no way.

Extending Marvin makes a lot of sense. That Cincinnati gig is a tough one. Marvin's got grit. It takes someone special for the Cincinnati market ... that's for sure.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Cyrus12 wrote:Don't want to get anywhere political but both Hue and Marvin keep their jobs. Does this have anything to do with Rooney rule??? Both should be fired obviously.

Considering that the Lions canned Caldwell, that's doubtful.

Mike Brown is notoriously cheap. Lewis probably still has one of the lower head coaching salaries in the league despite being one of its longest-tenured.
    Hawkwind
    NET Bench Warmer

• Cyrus12 wrote:Don't want to get anywhere political but both Hue and Marvin keep their jobs. Does this have anything to do with Rooney rule??? Both should be fired obviously.

....no
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• Jville wrote:IHMO ...... not at all ..... no way.

Extending Marvin makes a lot of sense. That Cincinnati gig is a tough one. Marvin's got grit. It takes someone special for the Cincinnati market ... that's for sure.

Sarcasm? Marvin deserves all the credit for taking the Bengals from the cellar to being one and done in the playoffs for seven years.... And being a complete joke the past two years.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Re: Bengals sign Marvin Lewis to Extension
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:11 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:
    Jville wrote:IHMO ...... not at all ..... no way.

Sarcasm? Marvin deserves all the credit for taking the Bengals from the cellar to being one and done in the playoffs for seven years.... And being a complete joke the past two years.

No sarcasm intended.

There exists a huge disparity between the working environment in Cincinnati and that of Seattle.

The support extended to Marvin Lewis doesn't come anywhere close to the wealth of support Paul Allen extends to Pete Carroll.

I have the upmost respect for the never ending grit Marvin Lewis maintains every year along with his loyalty to Cinncinati ...... no mater what.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Re: Bengals sign Marvin Lewis to Extension
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:39 pm
  • Jville wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:
    Jville wrote:IHMO ...... not at all ..... no way.

No sarcasm intended.

There exists a huge disparity between the working environment in Cincinnati and that of Seattle.

The support extended to Marvin Lewis doesn't come anywhere close to the wealth of support Paul Allen extends to Pete Carroll.

I have the upmost respect for the never ending grit Marvin Lewis maintains every year along with his loyalty to Cinncinati ...... no mater what.

I can agree with this.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• Do you have some ties to Cincinnati that would lead you to say that? I don't really get it. The results speak for themselves and it's time for something new. The Bengals subreddit literally changed to a Bengal tiger subreddit, they're so tired of the same old.

I guess good for Marvin for sticking with it despite all the hate. But if the hate is warranted, does it really matter? If their owner is committed to mediocrity, is that a good thing for the Cincinnati fans?
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information