Bengals sign Marvin Lewis to Extension

Rat

Reaction score
I remember wanting Holmgren gone badly because he hadn't won a playoff game in six years. Lewis is on a 16-year playoff winless streak.

chris98251

Reaction score
The Browns and Bengals should have a very close bond next season.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Don't want to get anywhere political but both Hue and Marvin keep their jobs. Does this have anything to do with Rooney rule??? Both should be fired obviously.

Jville

Reaction score
IHMO ...... not at all ..... no way.

Extending Marvin makes a lot of sense. That Cincinnati gig is a tough one. Marvin's got grit. It takes someone special for the Cincinnati market ... that's for sure.

Hawkwind

Reaction score
Cyrus12":17agzuti said:
Don't want to get anywhere political but both Hue and Marvin keep their jobs. Does this have anything to do with Rooney rule??? Both should be fired obviously.

Considering that the Lions canned Caldwell, that's doubtful.

Mike Brown is notoriously cheap. Lewis probably still has one of the lower head coaching salaries in the league despite being one of its longest-tenured.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Cyrus12":13oe293o said:

....no

Jville

Reaction score
Continuity ....... [tweet]https://twitter.com/NFL/status/948607430698700800[/tweet]

Bengals sign interim OC Bill Lazor to two-year contract >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000902321/article/bengals-sign-interim-oc-bill-lazor-to-twoyear-contract[/urltargetblank]

adeltaY

Reaction score
Jville":23qe749i said:

Extending Marvin makes a lot of sense. That Cincinnati gig is a tough one. Marvin's got grit. It takes someone special for the Cincinnati market ... that's for sure.

Sarcasm? Marvin deserves all the credit for taking the Bengals from the cellar to being one and done in the playoffs for seven years.... And being a complete joke the past two years.

Jville

Reaction score
adeltaY":3cdwtdpk said:
Jville":3cdwtdpk said:

Sarcasm? Marvin deserves all the credit for taking the Bengals from the cellar to being one and done in the playoffs for seven years.... And being a complete joke the past two years.

No sarcasm intended.

There exists a huge disparity between the working environment in Cincinnati and that of Seattle.

The support extended to Marvin Lewis doesn't come anywhere close to the wealth of support Paul Allen extends to Pete Carroll.

I have the upmost respect for the never ending grit Marvin Lewis maintains every year along with his loyalty to Cinncinati ...... no mater what.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Jville":itx85cbz said:
adeltaY":itx85cbz said:
Jville":itx85cbz said:

No sarcasm intended.

There exists a huge disparity between the working environment in Cincinnati and that of Seattle.

The support extended to Marvin Lewis doesn't come anywhere close to the wealth of support Paul Allen extends to Pete Carroll.

I have the upmost respect for the never ending grit Marvin Lewis maintains every year along with his loyalty to Cinncinati ...... no mater what.

I can agree with this.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Do you have some ties to Cincinnati that would lead you to say that? I don't really get it. The results speak for themselves and it's time for something new. The Bengals subreddit literally changed to a Bengal tiger subreddit, they're so tired of the same old.

I guess good for Marvin for sticking with it despite all the hate. But if the hate is warranted, does it really matter? If their owner is committed to mediocrity, is that a good thing for the Cincinnati fans?