Reaction score
Just seen this -

Attachments

• 0365ED77-7B85-43D5-B222-541601C263CA.jpeg
    0365ED77-7B85-43D5-B222-541601C263CA.jpeg
    393.6 KB · Views: 1,448

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Still think that knee injury took a toll on his career. I'm gonna miss him....No I really am and so will the seahawks defence. Now they mite get someone decent.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2ntdthuz said:
Still think that knee injury took a toll on his career. I'm gonna miss him....No I really am and so will the seahawks defence. Now they mite get someone decent.

I dont think Steelers even win that game if he doesnt get hurt. Steelers snuck in as a 6th seed and Bengals were the 3rd seed and even with Palmer getting injured were up 10-0 at one point. I wonder how different things would be if that one thing didnt happen...we wouldnt of faced the Steelers that year

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
I was going to say that you should be happy since he was the QB we could count on at the Clink, but Blair Walsh extended that attribute to Stanton :)

No BA, no Palmer (actually, Cards have no QBs on the roster for 2018 at the moment) - hello NFCW cellar

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":2a0rnrva said:
I was going to say that you should be happy since he was the QB we could count on at the Clink, but Blair Walsh extended that attribute to Stanton :)

No BA, no Palmer (actually, Cards have no QBs on the roster for 2018 at the moment) - hello NFCW cellar

So all you need is a QB and you are back in the mix...............We are fighting you for the cellar tho.. :p

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":23snta2q said:
Maulbert":23snta2q said:
Despite what Brucie claimed- not a hall of famer.

Agreed

I think a coach ending his career in the same week as his QB is allowed a bit of hyperbole. Nobody is taking him that seriously on this one.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2l34zar0 said:
Cyrus12":2l34zar0 said:

I dont think Steelers even win that game if he doesnt get hurt. Steelers snuck in as a 6th seed and Bengals were the 3rd seed and even with Palmer getting injured were up 10-0 at one point. I wonder how different things would be if that one thing didnt happen...we wouldnt of faced the Steelers that year

My uncle, who I'm very close to, is a massive Bengals fan. I have actually been to more Bengals games than Seahawks games as a result of living close to Baltimore for divisional match-ups. Even have an old Peter Warrick jersey.

I usually would watch the Bengals play at 1 PM EST, and the Seahawks at 4 PM EST.

Carson had a magic about him in his early Bengals career. He was quickly rising to stardom, and was widely considered a top-5 quarterback at the time of his devastating knee injury. After the injury, he just wasn't the same. He lost "it." The season after the injury was remarkable in the sense that he came back and performed pretty well less than a year after a truly catastrophic knee explosion, but he wasn't the same dominant and effortless specimen. The elbow wearing down in 2008 did him in. He wasn't the same QB anymore.

When Carson hit his stride, he hit it. I still judge the arm talent of new quarterbacks by comparing them to the effortlessly booming and pin-point accurate arm of pre-injury Carson Palmer. I have no doubt that if Kemo von Oelhoffen's fat Steeler ass didn't roll into Palmer's knee and twist it, he would've had a very different career.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":177bcz2i said:
WilsonMVP":177bcz2i said:
Cyrus12":177bcz2i said:

My uncle, who I'm very close to, is a massive Bengals fan. I have actually been to more Bengals games than Seahawks games as a result of living close to Baltimore for divisional match-ups. Even have an old Peter Warrick jersey.

I usually would watch the Bengals play at 1 PM EST, and the Seahawks at 4 PM EST.

Carson had a magic about him in his early Bengals career. He was quickly rising to stardom, and was widely considered a top-5 quarterback at the time of his devastating knee injury. After the injury, he just wasn't the same. He lost "it." The season after the injury was remarkable in the sense that he came back and performed pretty well less than a year after a truly catastrophic knee explosion, but he wasn't the same dominant and effortless specimen. The elbow wearing down in 2008 did him in. He wasn't the same QB anymore.

When Carson hit his stride, he hit it. I still judge the arm talent of new quarterbacks by comparing them to the effortlessly booming and pin-point accurate arm of pre-injury Carson Palmer. I have no doubt that if Kemo von Oelhoffen's fat Steeler ass didn't roll into Palmer's knee and twist it, he would've had a very different career.
There is a lot of Qbs that I have seen that looked great but Injuries changed them after or
they were done suddenly.It happpens but CP had a chance to keep playing and still was pretty good.
He never was very mobile/fast so he took a lot of hits due to that..His arm though he could throw it fast.
To me he was a gunslinger in Favre mold but a level or two below him.
I won't miss the guy but the Cards will..A decent Qb is not easy to find.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Well that kind of thinking led me to question $20 million on one.
Lots of luck involved in the Vikes situation.

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2dcyl3oa said:
Well that kind of thinking led me to question $20 million on one.
Lots of luck involved in the Vikes situation.

May be so, but Bridgewater, Bradford, and Keenum, there are a few teams that wish they could roll that kind of luck just once in the last decade or so. It may be their system, their QB coach, but it works and they have three starters there right now, not a bad problem to have going into the playoffs.

Also some team watching is going to be looking and thinking can he do it for us. Not sure all the contract stuff involved with the three but I would bet the Vikings are looking at a few draft picks in their future from their recent lucky streak.