Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Carson Palmer Retires

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Carson Palmer Retires
Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:28 pm
  • Just seen this -
    Attachments
    0365ED77-7B85-43D5-B222-541601C263CA.jpeg
    0365ED77-7B85-43D5-B222-541601C263CA.jpeg (393.59 KiB) Viewed 753 times
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Re: Carson Palmer Retires
Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:31 pm
  • Still think that knee injury took a toll on his career. I'm gonna miss him....No I really am and so will the seahawks defence. Now they mite get someone decent.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:40 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Still think that knee injury took a toll on his career. I'm gonna miss him....No I really am and so will the seahawks defence. Now they mite get someone decent.

I dont think Steelers even win that game if he doesnt get hurt. Steelers snuck in as a 6th seed and Bengals were the 3rd seed and even with Palmer getting injured were up 10-0 at one point. I wonder how different things would be if that one thing didnt happen...we wouldnt of faced the Steelers that year

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:57 pm
  • I was going to say that you should be happy since he was the QB we could count on at the Clink, but Blair Walsh extended that attribute to Stanton :)

No BA, no Palmer (actually, Cards have no QBs on the roster for 2018 at the moment) - hello NFCW cellar
    b8rtm8nn
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:19 pm
  • b8rtm8nn wrote:I was going to say that you should be happy since he was the QB we could count on at the Clink, but Blair Walsh extended that attribute to Stanton :)

No BA, no Palmer (actually, Cards have no QBs on the roster for 2018 at the moment) - hello NFCW cellar

So all you need is a QB and you are back in the mix...............We are fighting you for the cellar tho.. :P
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:45 pm
  • Despite what Brucie claimed- not a hall of famer.
    0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:20 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:Despite what Brucie claimed- not a hall of famer.

Agreed
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:26 am
  • Yeah not even close IMO.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:59 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:Despite what Brucie claimed- not a hall of famer.

Agreed

I think a coach ending his career in the same week as his QB is allowed a bit of hyperbole. Nobody is taking him that seriously on this one.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:40 pm
  • He said Palmer was a HoF if he got a ring and he said that a while ago.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:51 pm
  • WilsonMVP wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Still think that knee injury took a toll on his career. I'm gonna miss him....No I really am and so will the seahawks defence. Now they mite get someone decent.

I dont think Steelers even win that game if he doesnt get hurt. Steelers snuck in as a 6th seed and Bengals were the 3rd seed and even with Palmer getting injured were up 10-0 at one point. I wonder how different things would be if that one thing didnt happen...we wouldnt of faced the Steelers that year

My uncle, who I'm very close to, is a massive Bengals fan. I have actually been to more Bengals games than Seahawks games as a result of living close to Baltimore for divisional match-ups. Even have an old Peter Warrick jersey.

I usually would watch the Bengals play at 1 PM EST, and the Seahawks at 4 PM EST.

Carson had a magic about him in his early Bengals career. He was quickly rising to stardom, and was widely considered a top-5 quarterback at the time of his devastating knee injury. After the injury, he just wasn't the same. He lost "it." The season after the injury was remarkable in the sense that he came back and performed pretty well less than a year after a truly catastrophic knee explosion, but he wasn't the same dominant and effortless specimen. The elbow wearing down in 2008 did him in. He wasn't the same QB anymore.

When Carson hit his stride, he hit it. I still judge the arm talent of new quarterbacks by comparing them to the effortlessly booming and pin-point accurate arm of pre-injury Carson Palmer. I have no doubt that if Kemo von Oelhoffen's fat Steeler ass didn't roll into Palmer's knee and twist it, he would've had a very different career.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:09 pm
  • Possible landing spot for Kirk Cousins
    AF_BASS_MAN
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:14 pm
  • Maelstrom787 wrote:
    WilsonMVP wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Still think that knee injury took a toll on his career. I'm gonna miss him....No I really am and so will the seahawks defence. Now they mite get someone decent.

My uncle, who I'm very close to, is a massive Bengals fan. I have actually been to more Bengals games than Seahawks games as a result of living close to Baltimore for divisional match-ups. Even have an old Peter Warrick jersey.

I usually would watch the Bengals play at 1 PM EST, and the Seahawks at 4 PM EST.

Carson had a magic about him in his early Bengals career. He was quickly rising to stardom, and was widely considered a top-5 quarterback at the time of his devastating knee injury. After the injury, he just wasn't the same. He lost "it." The season after the injury was remarkable in the sense that he came back and performed pretty well less than a year after a truly catastrophic knee explosion, but he wasn't the same dominant and effortless specimen. The elbow wearing down in 2008 did him in. He wasn't the same QB anymore.

When Carson hit his stride, he hit it. I still judge the arm talent of new quarterbacks by comparing them to the effortlessly booming and pin-point accurate arm of pre-injury Carson Palmer. I have no doubt that if Kemo von Oelhoffen's fat Steeler ass didn't roll into Palmer's knee and twist it, he would've had a very different career.

There is a lot of Qbs that I have seen that looked great but Injuries changed them after or
    they were done suddenly.It happpens but CP had a chance to keep playing and still was pretty good.
    He never was very mobile/fast so he took a lot of hits due to that..His arm though he could throw it fast.
    To me he was a gunslinger in Favre mold but a level or two below him.
    I won't miss the guy but the Cards will..A decent Qb is not easy to find.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:23 pm
  • Unless your the Vikings................

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:33 am
  • Well that kind of thinking led me to question $20 million on one.
    Lots of luck involved in the Vikes situation.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:48 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:Well that kind of thinking led me to question $20 million on one.
    Lots of luck involved in the Vikes situation.

May be so, but Bridgewater, Bradford, and Keenum, there are a few teams that wish they could roll that kind of luck just once in the last decade or so. It may be their system, their QB coach, but it works and they have three starters there right now, not a bad problem to have going into the playoffs.

Also some team watching is going to be looking and thinking can he do it for us. Not sure all the contract stuff involved with the three but I would bet the Vikings are looking at a few draft picks in their future from their recent lucky streak.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:14 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information