Kirk Cousins

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Kirk is due to become a FA after this season is complete. Most had penciled him in to becoming the SF QB and reuniting with Kyle Shanahan. Now that SF found a QB in Jimmy G (Grappolo), they don't seem to be an option for Cousins. However there is another team that is missing a QB and could be primed for a run at him. That is the Arizona Cardinals. I know that the Cards need to fine a HC first but I could see them making a hard sell to Cousins. It may be an attractive team for him as they have all the other pieces in place. Strong D, top 5 rb, good receivers, etc.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Arizona or Jax. Depending on their cap situation etc. Heard others speculating that Eli could end up at Jax because of Coughlin. Cousins at Jax with that Defense would be a scary good team.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Arizona is on the cusp of a total rebuild, so I don't think he goes there.

I think Denver, Giants or the Saints if Brees moves on would be his landing spots.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I'm not saying he would go there but if I am the Browns, I am looking for a FA QB instead of whiffing on another draft pick. Buy a known quantity. I just don't see anyone wanting to go there.

getnasty

Reaction score
Arizona would certainly be a good fit as would Denver, Jacksonville, NY Jets and Gaints.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I hadn't thought of Jacksonville. That would be a GREAT place for him to go. They have a ton of great weapons and an amazing Defense to put him in good field position. Cousins could look scary good on that team.

poly1274

Reaction score
HawkFan72":a1vd34dd said:
I hadn't thought of Jacksonville. That would be a GREAT place for him to go. They have a ton of great weapons and an amazing Defense to put him in good field position. Cousins could look scary good on that team.

Why not Eli? Isn't Coughlin the GM

adeltaY

Reaction score
poly1274":gy2qh1by said:
HawkFan72":gy2qh1by said:

Why not Eli? Isn't Coughlin the GM

Either could work. I think Cousins is better than Manning at this point in their careers, but honestly the Jags just need a solid QB to be SB contenders.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Why not the Vikings? I didnt see that mentioned

Teddy, Case and Bradford are ALL FA. Currently they do not have a QB signed and have 50-60 mil in cap space.

If their OC Shurmur is hired away he might want to bring Keenum with him, or maybe the new OC might want Cousins idk.

Most likely they try to sign Teddy and Case to around 25 mil together probably

Could also see Vikings go after Brees if Saints dont resign him

mistaowen

Reaction score
Denver or Buffalo makes most sense, so he will probably go to the Jets.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I've been thinking he goes to the Steelers but only if Roethlisberger retires. If not then more than likely Denver. Jets are stupid, they're entranced with McCown the same way they were with Fitzpatrick a few seasons ago, so that'll ruin them and Buffalo may stick with Taylor since it'll be his second year in that system.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I met Kirk Cousins at a UK based NFL event. I have a lot of time for him. I hope he goes somewhere where I don't have to hate him.