Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Falcons @ Rams

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Falcons @ Rams
Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:57 am
  • RedAlice wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:I mean even Pete got a win vs the reigning SB champs at home coming off a 7-9 division win. We've never lost a home playoff game with Petw. Might be counting out Pete too soon from this NFCW race. At least we never went one and done in the playoffs.

Talk about smug.

Your team is shit this year.

My team, baby coach.

Pete was not a child when you got him. He had experience.

As much as I want to keep liking Hawks, posters like you will kill that.

Welcome to the new NFCW, where your team does not exist.

You're on a Seahawk forum. What the hell do you expect? And you want to talk about smug? Your team had one good season and you're making post after post about how it's the Rams and Niners going forward. That is the very definition of smug. At least you didn't attack his post count.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:26 am
  • RedAlice wrote:
    Talk about smug.

Really? Holy hyperbole Robin. The Seahawks were 9-7, a winning record this injury plagued year. The last time the Rams had a winning record was like 14 years ago, the definition of a shit franchise.
    It's not smugness, it's pride. See ya next year when you're a 0 win, 0 loss team like everyone else. Guarantee it will be a much more difficult year for your team.
    Palmegranite
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:33 am
  • You sound silly. I know it must suck as a Rams fan to get your shit pushed in during your first playoff appearance in an eternity, but no need for sour grapes. Head to the Rams forum for that.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:49 am
  • The Rams have a great nucleus, but there's no compelling argument that they're the next runaway dominant force in the NFC West.

They're young and had a great year to be proud of, but they're also only one Aaron Donald injury away from being pretty pedestrian. They were quite fortunate in that they only had Greg the Leg injured late in the year.

The NFL is still kinda great because the ground is always moving beneath your feet and the starting landscape for the NFC West is still a bit of a mystery.
    Beren
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:54 am
  • RedAlice wrote:Rams. Niners.

Oh and two other teams.

Seahawks 3-1 vs these two teams this year.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:36 am
  • We will be healthy this coming season. The Rams will not surprise anyone. We will be ready. This season was an aberration. I would be very hesitant as a Ram and/or Niner fan to stick a fork in us.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:15 am
  • RedAlice wrote:
    Talk about smug.

My team, baby coach.

I want to break down this post line by line.

Talk about smug. Yes, there are a lot of smug seahawks fans out there.

Your team is shit this year. Hard to argue.

My team, baby coach.
    Not my team, good start for a young coach.

Pete was not a child when you got him. He had experience. Pete is still a child when it comes to making moves on a broken coaching staff. His experience had its ups and downs.

As much as I want to keep liking Hawks, posters like you will kill that. We don't need you to like the Hawks. Posters on their team site don't care about your feelings.

No, it exists but I would agree that our team is on a downward trend.

I am not going to attack your post, because everybody who is a fan of their team is butthurt when they lose.
    Bevell's Bubble Busted
    bevellisthedevil
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:18 am
  • I am confused.....so, a Rams fan is on a Seahawks message board talking trash like the Seahawks are no longer relevant, and then gets butthurt when they receive pushback?
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:19 am
  • RedAlice wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:I mean even Pete got a win vs the reigning SB champs at home coming off a 7-9 division win. We've never lost a home playoff game with Petw. Might be counting out Pete too soon from this NFCW race. At least we never went one and done in the playoffs.

Talk about smug.

My team, baby coach.

The cardinals once declared there was a new sheriff in town after they last won the NFCW. Where are they now?
    Barakas
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:34 am
  • RedAlice wrote:

Talk about smug.

My team, baby coach.

Lol the bitterness is strong [emoji123] with this one.

It’s easy to be gracious when your team is winning. Not so much when your team lost heh? not to mention the excuses. The Rams have been losing for years. They just lost again. One big game against Seattle and already getting cocky.
    Aw Mang
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:18 am
  • RedAlice waaaaay too huffy after one good season in over a decade. Not surprising there is tons of salt after a wild card round faceplant I guess but come on.

Not sure why RA is already counting out the Seahawks and proclaiming 9ers and Rams as kings of ‘18-19 season.
    Let’s just see how things play out.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:29 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:Go Rams! :179417:

I'm so anxious.

I love my baby coach.
    This is absurd, please stop it. Your coach is a grown man and the head coach of an NFL football team. I seriously doubt McVay would appreciate being called a baby. He's either qualified to be an NFL head coach or he isn't. Which is it?

God did he get a lesson today. Look forward to how he uses it.
    He got severely out coached. Period. Maybe he isn't ready for this level of coaching? I mean, you yourself refer to him as a baby.

Welcome to the new NFCW.
    Is that the one where the division winner goes one and done in the playoffs?

Rams v Niners.
    Rams had a good season, but got out coached and out played in their house by the 6 seed. NFL history is littered with teams that had one good season and then reverted back to bad to mediocre. Can the Rams repeat their regular season success next season? Maybe, maybe not.
    Jimmy G looked good in a pretty small sample size, but even most 9ers fans will tell you that team still has a lot of holes to fill and a lot of work to do. I don't think it will be a very big surprise if they finish 3rd or 4th in the division next season.

Chapow
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:22 pm
  • Palmegranite wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    Talk about smug.

Really? Holy hyperbole Robin. The Seahawks were 9-7, a winning record this injury plagued year. The last time the Rams had a winning record was like 14 years ago, the definition of a shit franchise.
    It's not smugness, it's pride. See ya next year when you're a 0 win, 0 loss team like everyone else. Guarantee it will be a much more difficult year for your team.

And we had to play with Bevell as our OC. Essentially, with one arm and a whole brain tied behind our backs on every possession.
    "We have an opportunity to win multiple Super Bowls."
    -Russell Wilson
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:36 pm
  • Congratulations RedAlice, where I am sure your disappointed you have a lot to look forward to, you won the preliminary round in the regular season, not a easy task, but it was just the first step, being a long time fan I am sure you know once in the playoffs it's a step up in the game and the Rams just got a taste of that, I think I read where you only have 6 guys on your team that seen the playoffs.

Most teams are not ready given your coaches inexperience and teams for that elevation in intensity and play. Your team now has a chip on it's shoulder which depending on mental make up could be a aide next season as well. It will be a lot tougher getting there however, 49ers rising and should start out much better, the Seahawks have a retooling project on their hands, it will be a challenge and many here are bitter about what we witnessed all season along with some of our injuries. But were just some good strategic moves away from bouncing back, our defense showed they can still hang with the best even with the many replacements.

Arizona is the team that on paper without a earth shattering move for coach and a starting QB the ones really more outside looking in right now.

If you can get back next year and not have a let down from this loss your team will be much more dangerous, your just beginning, think of it as not one and done, but one and the future is bright.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:57 pm
  • Wth I was being smug when you said my team is a non factor in our division going forward? That's the definition of smugness. What you said is highly debatable. We still have the best QB in the division.

We have never gone one and done in the playoffs with Pete and that's a fact. Yall had the number one offense in the league and managed 13 points. We went into the playoffs with the number one defense multiple times and they didn't completely evaporate in our first game once. In the later rounds, yes they had some trouble. So yes this was a really bad performance from yall.

I expected yall to make the championship game for what it's worth, how's that for smug? Yall came up short and are trending up, I don't dispute that.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:06 pm
  • Red Alice is usually not that way, so I'm gonna ignore the posts. I suspect she was drunk.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:11 pm
  • We still love you Alice. :)
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:40 pm
  • Salt isn't good. Especially too much.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:17 pm
  • Hawks have won 10 games 5 out of 6 years... won the division 7 times... should have another 10 win season if it wasn't for our garbage kicker.

Lambs won it once, congrats. Too bad you were one and done. Nothing is gaurenteed next year and if you suddenly think mcvay is the second coming on Bellicheck, don't be shocked if the exact opposite happens in a few years.

But don't come on our board and try to diss our fans and our team and expect us to not say things back. If you don't like the hawks, I doubt anyone cares. I don't like the Rams and never will, which I'm sure is true for a lot of people on our board.

Also, we have PAUL ALLEN. We will ALWAYS win. We did it before Pete and will do it after Pete as long as PA is here. So don't get your hopes up too high.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:53 pm
  • Looks up, yep still Blue and Green and not Red and Gold, thought I was lost for a minute.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:58 am
  • :sarcasm_on:
    ApnaHawk wrote:Hawks have won 10 games 5 out of 6 years... won the division 7 times... should have another 10 win season if it wasn't for our garbage kicker.

Lambs won it once, congrats. Too bad you were one and done. Nothing is gaurenteed next year and if you suddenly think mcvay is the second coming on Bellicheck, don't be shocked if the exact opposite happens in a few years.

But don't come on our board and try to diss our fans and our team and expect us to not say things back. If you don't like the hawks, I doubt anyone cares. I don't like the Rams and never will, which I'm sure is true for a lot of people on our board.

Also, we have PAUL ALLEN. We will ALWAYS win. We did it before Pete and will do it after Pete as long as PA is here. So don't get your hopes up too high.

Um. I'd like to say a lot to you, but I would be banned.

Go cuddle a puppy in a warm and soothing bath. :179417:
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:00 am
  • I am still me.

I do believe I'm allowed some emotion. It'll calm by next week.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:11 am
  • Like you said, your team is trending up. I'm not sure any Hawks fan here can dispute that. We obviously didn't want to hear that we're nonfactors in the division moving forward and we'd be right in disagreeing strongly with that notion IMO.

I'm hopeful for a competitive and fun NFC West next year. Best of luck to your team (as long as you finish with one fewer W than we do of course! :mrgreen:)!
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:12 am
  • ApnaHawk wrote:Hawks have won 10 games 5 out of 6 years... won the division 7 times... should have another 10 win season if it wasn't for our garbage kicker.

And before my emotions calm down. Did you tell ME not to come on this board that was my home in 2012, when you just joined in 2015?

You can go hug a puppy.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:16 am
  • adeltaY wrote:Like you said, your team is trending up. I'm not sure any Hawks fan here can dispute that. We obviously didn't want to hear that we're nonfactors in the division moving forward and we'd be right in disagreeing strongly with that notion IMO.

I'm hopeful for a competitive and fun NFC West next year. Best of luck to your team (as long as you finish with one fewer W than we do of course! :mrgreen:)!

Fair. I was mad.

I'm not settled yet. But perfect response. Obviously I know Hawks are good.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:27 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Looks up, yep still Blue and Green and not Red and Gold, thought I was lost for a minute.

Chris. What is your personal idea of next year NFCW?

Niners have a good QB. We can all pretend, but that boy is good. Hate them to the depth of my soul - but I'm being very realistic.

Rams. Tons of talent. Freaked out in a playoff game. Youth, they will learn.

AZ. Rebuild.

Hawks? You tell me.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:40 am
  • RedAlice wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Looks up, yep still Blue and Green and not Red and Gold, thought I was lost for a minute.

Niners have a good QB. We can all pretend, but that boy is good. Hate them to the depth of my soul - but I'm being very realistic.

AZ. Rebuild.

Hawks? You tell me.

For me, battling with the Rams for the NFCW division.

The 49ers will be close, but not quite there in 2018.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:29 am
  • RedAlice wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Looks up, yep still Blue and Green and not Red and Gold, thought I was lost for a minute.

AZ. Rebuild.

Hawks? You tell me.

I pit it in my reply up above the mud slinging but here it is again.

Your team now has a chip on it's shoulder which depending on mental make up could be a aide next season as well. It will be a lot tougher getting there however, 49ers rising and should start out much better, the Seahawks have a retooling project on their hands, it will be a challenge and many here are bitter about what we witnessed all season along with some of our injuries. But we're just some good strategic moves away from bouncing back, our defense showed they can still hang with the best even with the many replacements.

Arizona is the team that on paper without a earth shattering move for coach and a starting QB the ones really more outside looking in right now.

If you can get back next year and not have a let down from this loss your team will be much more dangerous, your just beginning, think of it as not one and done, but one and the future is bright.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:49 am
  • RedAlice wrote:
    Talk about smug.

My team, baby coach.

The saltiest post I have ever read on .NET

and I can't stop laughing.

Never stop posting here Alice, .NET still loves you.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:39 am
  • One and done, exactly as I have been saying all year. Rams are a farce. People acting like they were going to the SuperbOwl. Hilarious. Hype doesn't win games.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:12 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:One and done, exactly as I have been saying all year. Rams are a farce. People acting like they were going to the SuperbOwl. Hilarious. Hype doesn't win games.

Twas a good call by you soulfish.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:14 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    ApnaHawk wrote:Hawks have won 10 games 5 out of 6 years... won the division 7 times... should have another 10 win season if it wasn't for our garbage kicker.

And before my emotions calm down. Did you tell ME not to come on this board that was my home in 2012, when you just joined in 2015?

You can go hug a puppy.

No. That isn't at all what he said. Please read the entire sentence instead of stopping after the first six words.

That's some BS crap to pull. I thought you were better than that.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:39 pm
  • Even though I picked the Rams in my pick em. Like an idiot, forgot to change it before the game. Oh well... :lol:
    Just am not surprised the Falcons won. They smacked in the mouth, ate up the clock for 37 plus minutes. There's just something to be said for playoff experience.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:37 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Even though I picked the Rams in my pick em. Like an idiot, forgot to change it before the game. Oh well... :lol:
    Just am not surprised the Falcons won. They smacked in the mouth, ate up the clock for 37 plus minutes. There's just something to be said for playoff experience.

Makes me think that if we could have just got in, we could've made some noise. I guess part of that was seeing how bad the AFC playoff teams were. It would've been tough for us in the NFC.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:38 pm
  • Good point. It's not like Atlanta was lighting it up this year, especially the 2nd half of the season. But playoffs are a whole different animal. I'll take an experienced team every time.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:57 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Even though I picked the Rams in my pick em. Like an idiot, forgot to change it before the game. Oh well... :lol:

Makes me think that if we could have just got in, we could've made some noise. I guess part of that was seeing how bad the AFC playoff teams were. It would've been tough for us in the NFC.

I bleed Seahawk blue but being realistic there was no way the Seahawks would have made any noise.
    Here are my reasons -
    First of all, no running game. Falcons have a solid running game.
    Too many injuries on defense, Falcons were extremely healthy.
    Atlanta plays disciplined football. They don't commit the backbreaking penalties the Seahawks do.
    Seahawks have poor kicker. Falcons kicker is Matt Bryant and at 42 years old can boot longer FGs, is more consistent and accurate than Blair Walsh.

This was a season not to be for the Seahawks.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:18 am
  • Keep it to topic please, ladies and gents.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:39 am
  • RedAlice -

Just because I joined in "2015" doesn't mean I haven't been lurking on these boards since the scout days and when insider information used to cost money on here, back when Doug Farrar used to post on these boards. I don't post frequently because there isn't much to gain since people always seem to get their panties in a bunch.

So "go hug a puppy" yourself.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:57 am
  • CodeWarrior wrote:You sound silly. I know it must suck as a Rams fan to get your shit pushed in during your first playoff appearance in an eternity, but no need for sour grapes. Head to the Rams forum for that.

Right. Don't go to someone else's 80+ year old Leschi home and start talking down to them about their choice of tile in the mud room or how the copper supply lines are soooo "1950", just because you're feeling your Cheerios about your shiny, shitty built McMansion (that you will end up upside down in) in some new, poorly developed 'neighborhood' in gottdamn South East KENT.
    FOH, with all due respect.
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:27 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Congratulations RedAlice, where I am sure your disappointed you have a lot to look forward to, you won the preliminary round in the regular season, not a easy task, but it was just the first step, being a long time fan I am sure you know once in the playoffs it's a step up in the game and the Rams just got a taste of that, I think I read where you only have 6 guys on your team that seen the playoffs.

Most teams are not ready given your coaches inexperience and teams for that elevation in intensity and play. Your team now has a chip on it's shoulder which depending on mental make up could be a aide next season as well. It will be a lot tougher getting there however, 49ers rising and should start out much better, the Seahawks have a retooling project on their hands, it will be a challenge and many here are bitter about what we witnessed all season along with some of our injuries. But were just some good strategic moves away from bouncing back, our defense showed they can still hang with the best even with the many replacements.

I know you addressed this to RedAlice, but as a Rams fan, thank you.

I was crushed Saturday night - no other way to put it. Which is funny - I knew we weren't ready for a super bowl run yet. I didn't expect to beat Minnesota the following week. But I expected to beat the Falcons.

Playoff experience mattered for the Rams more than I thought.

At the end of the day, I was happy with Goff's performance. Numbers didn't look too great, and he has to get better under pressure, but he had two TD passes dropped that would have made the game more interesting down the stretch.

The Rams actually outplayed the Falcons in this game - more yards, more yards per play, despite the time of possession. The Falcons got 10 point off of 40 yards because of two fumbles - take those away and the Rams probably win the game IMO.

Either way though, I'm hoping this game gave us the experience we need to come out next year and go deep in the playoffs.

Should be fun to see the NFC West next year. Seahawks and Rams will both be trendy super bowl picks; the Niners will be an out there pick to win the division by some.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:32 am
  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    At the end of the day, I was happy with Goff's performance. Numbers didn't look too great, and he has to get better under pressure, but he had two TD passes dropped that would have made the game more interesting down the stretch.

Goff reminds me of Alex Smith, not in their style but in their makeup.............and IMO that's not a good thing.

I'm just not sure Goff will ever be to the level where you're confident in him to win games late, especially in the playoffs. He's fine with a great defense and Gurley running wild, but like Smith when you NEED him to carry the team or get you down the field late? Not going to come through 9 out of 10 times.

And that's what you need in the playoffs.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:21 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:

Goff reminds me of Alex Smith, not in their style but in their makeup.............and IMO that's not a good thing.

I'm just not sure Goff will ever be to the level where you're confident in him to win games late, especially in the playoffs. He's fine with a great defense and Gurley running wild, but like Smith when you NEED him to carry the team or get you down the field late? Not going to come through 9 out of 10 times.

I was thinking the same thing too. We Seahawks fans are blessed to have a QB where you could trust him to carry the team late in games, and we saw it since his rookie year.
    Mindsink
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:58 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:

It's only his 2nd year, and really, his 1st since last year he had Fisher..

He will be fine. 4th highest passer rating in NFL history for a QB in his 2nd season. A lot of that was the system, but I think he can develop and get better and get to that point.

And in this playoff game, he marched the Rams right down the field down 13 and threw a TD pass, twice, that were both dropped. He played well enough to win this game. Special team turnovers are what cost us.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:04 pm
  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    Should be fun to see the NFC West next year. Seahawks and Rams will both be trendy super bowl picks; the Niners will be an out there pick to win the division by some.

No one's picking the Hawks for the SB next season and they shouldn't. The Rams will be a trendy pick and I don't see why they shouldn't be.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:41 pm
  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:

It's only his 2nd year, and really, his 1st since last year he had Fisher..

He will be fine. 4th highest passer rating in NFL history for a QB in his 2nd season. A lot of that was the system, but I think he can develop and get better and get to that point.

And in this playoff game, he marched the Rams right down the field down 13 and threw a TD pass, twice, that were both dropped. He played well enough to win this game. Special team turnovers are what cost us.

Smith is always at the top of the QB ratings as well, that's my point.

Goff is fine, but is he or even will he be clutch when it matters? So far I don't see that "it" factor that IMO is necessary to consistently win in the playoffs.

Playoff teams do what the Falcons did to the Rams, took away Gurley and made Goff beat them, and he couldn't do it. That's why the Ram's offense looked so flat.

You are right, just year #2, so we'll see. But so far I don't see a QB that'll ever scare anyone in the playoffs without a significant talent advantage around him.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:56 pm
  • Goff reminds me of Andy Dalton.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:35 am
  • Goof folds under pressure, you can see it.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:58 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information