The lambs got brought down to earth again

BigBill1945

Reaction score
What does that say about us? We have a lot of work to do. 80 year old Dick Labeau stopped them with good defense. I hope that the Hawks watched this game. I have a sense if we were completely healthy that this would not be as big of an issue at least on defense. It is just my opinion. However, the glaring thing is what a good offensive line does to stop Donald and company from sacking you 8 times. Wake up Hawks. This issue has been beaten like a dead horse. The pundents and almost everyone on this board have pointed this out. I do hope we make the changes needed whether be in coaching and/or personnel. Whatever does the trick.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
It doesn't say anything about us. It exposes the Rams as a "Not Ready For Prime Time" paper tiger.
The Titans are a better example of "What does this say about us" With an unimpressive W-L record they nevertheless stepped up their game when it mattered in the playoffs.
Better comparison is Rams and Chiefs, two teams that can't win in their own house when it matters.

OP
OP
BigBill1945

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Palmegranite":2uoiev1k said:
It doesn't say anything about us. It exposes the Rams as a "Not Ready For Prime Time" paper tiger.
The Titans are a better example of "What does this say about us" With an unimpressive W-L record they nevertheless stepped up their game when it mattered in the playoffs.
Better comparison is Rams and Chiefs, two teams that can't win in their own house when it matters.

While technically I agree with you. I was just trying to point out that the Rams killed us at our house. The newspapers had even suggested they might make it to the superbowl based on their performance this season. It just shows you what a good O line can do with protecting Russell from the likes of Donald and company. We saw this last night with Atlanta. I contend if we have some kind of offense ...one that is not one-dimensional and our defense is not on the field as much we can easily do the same thing as Atlanta. I thought for the most part that the Rams got exposed. Yes I agree that both KC and the Rams were posers that were not ready for prime time. This season it was a season of 'ifs" and "almosts". I need not explain the obvious.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
BigBill1945":1spx4lwt said:
What does that say about us? We have a lot of work to do. 80 year old Dick Labeau stopped them with good defense. I hope that the Hawks watched this game. I have a sense if we were completely healthy that this would not be as big of an issue at least on defense. It is just my opinion. However, the glaring thing is what a good offensive line does to stop Donald and company from sacking you 8 times. Wake up Hawks. This issue has been beaten like a dead horse. The pundents and almost everyone on this board have pointed this out. I do hope we make the changes needed whether be in coaching and/or personnel. Whatever does the trick.

Dick LeBeau coaches for the Titans, not the Falcons.

seahawksteve

Reaction score
Amazing what an o line capable of blocking Donald and company, A healthy D that runs our stuff and a quality kicker can do

OP
OP
BigBill1945

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1zf9xide said:
BigBill1945":1zf9xide said:

Dick LeBeau coaches for the Titans, not the Falcons.

My bad. Had a brain fart. Needless to say, the D coordinator for the Falcons took Gurley out the game. We did this in L.A. I went to that game. The results were the same for us.

naholmes

Reaction score
Rams has four downs at Atlanta 5 and didn’t even give it to Gurley once.

Threedee

Reaction score
It doesn't help when your 1st Team All-Pro special teamer has his worst game of the season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Teams with long exits from the playoffs tend to do this, they got a taste and found it's a step up, I think I rad only six guys on the team had any playoff experience at all, they will be much more ready if they get there next season.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":2dng8hr8 said:
Teams with long exits from the playoffs tend to do this, they got a taste and found it's a step up, I think I rad only six guys on the team had any playoff experience at all, they will be much more ready if they get there next season.

Did you watch the game?

When pharaoh Cooper messed up early, the camera panned to McVay. Panic.

Game lost. This Rams team failed.

Tho, I'll take the bet on McVay translating this loss to much needed experience.

And hey, Hawks didn't even play this weekend. You didn't even get to lose a game. You: not there.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Division is improved for sure. Still will be Hawks and Rams at the top, but the Niners should be much improved. Come 2019, IF they keep their QB, they'll be right in the mix.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":5ofzi7cs said:

Maybe.

We'll get to see if all the praise for McVay is warranted now that the league has an entire year of tape to watch and pick apart his schemes......................AND now the Rams have a 1st place schedule and have to spend significant cap to keep many of their contributors.

kobebryant

Reaction score
DQ is such a good coach, took McVay to school.

DQ is going to go to back to back Super Bowls without a coach of the year award (much like what happened to Pete).

adeltaY

Reaction score
kobebryant":39xzm2p7 said:

DQ is going to go to back to back Super Bowls without a coach of the year award (much like what happened to Pete).

Oh boy I hope not. Saints or vikings need to stop that from happening. It would be pretty Falcons like to lose to the Eagles too.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
kobebryant":2awrepdq said:

I don't see this happening. Not at all. It's just too tall of an order. That's 3 straight road wins vs pretty darn good defenses.

adeltaY

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":1422t7j8 said:
kobebryant":1422t7j8 said:

I don't see this happening. Not at all. It's just too tall of an order. That's 3 straight road wins vs pretty darn good defenses.

The weird thing is that the Eagles defense seems to have fallen off against good offenses. The Rams scorched them pretty badly and so did the Giants of all teams. They did proceed to lock down Oakland (meh) and allow one score to the Cowboys, so maybe they can slow down ATL? The Falcons defense vs. Nick Foles doesn't seem like much of a contest though.

BigMeach

Reaction score
RedAlice":2bczw0az said:
chris98251":2bczw0az said:

Did you watch the game?

When pharaoh Cooper messed up early, the camera panned to McVay. Panic.

Game lost. This Rams team failed.

Tho, I'll take the bet on McVay translating this loss to much needed experience.

And hey, Hawks didn't even play this weekend. You didn't even get to lose a game. You: not there.

Taking it a little personally are we?