Seahawks "interested" in Gus Bradley [Signed w/ SD]

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't have a twitter link from Schefter - he reported it on TV. Here's one from Hawkblogger talking about it.

Hawkblogger seems to think Richard would be let go and Gus would be given assist. HC duties. Possible Cable firing as result...

Will list as rumor since very unconfirmed. Multiple people are referencing Schefter saying this on TV, though.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/950053526511656961[/tweet]

In response to:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/HugeSeahawksFan/status/950035340382867456[/tweet]

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Ugh. Not a fan of this. Bradley's defenses had the same deficiencies as Richard's. Lateral move at best. Then the possibility of grooming him as the next head coach? Double ugh.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2lmflhpt said:
Ugh. Not a fan of this. Bradley's defenses had the same deficiencies as Richard's. Lateral move at best. Then the possibility of grooming him as the next head coach? Double ugh.

Gus Bradley had the least amount of talent out of all of our coordinators. When Dan Quinn took over we added Mike Bennett and Cliff Avril. I think you could make the case that Gus Bradley actually got the most bang for your buck.

mistaowen

Reaction score
He did some nice things with the Chargers this year but having two stud pass rushers help any defense. Don't like his passive end to games but maybe he's changed.

endzorn

Reaction score
Bradley had one pass rusher and we had the top scoring defense. Clemons was the only guy who could get pressure. Bradley is an excellent DC.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
WWSD

WHAT WOULD SHERMAN DO?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I'm torn. I don't think looking backwards is the way to move forward, but this would be an upgrade.

RussB

Reaction score
Didnt really have a problem with richard other than the terrible 3rd down defense. Cable is the one that needs to be gone.

THE TABS

Reaction score
Talk about a double edged sword. We bring back Gus, who singlehandedly destroyed our 2012 season and cost us a chance at the Super Bowl with so many blown fourth quarter leads, including the debacle in Atlanta.

On the other hand, it could mean Tom Cable leaves. It’s almost worth it. :lol:

sdog1981

Reaction score
The only thing I have to say about Gus is this: Look at the young Jacksonville D he built. Much like Pete he did not have a very good offensive coaching staff that cost him game after game. His D units were top 10 or close to it with a very bad offense that could not sustain drives. Gus with this level of talent would be interesting to see.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Would not be excited for Bradley. As some said, it would basically be a lateral move. Now Dan Quinn on the other hand?

We wish.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
RussB":1g5icbqk said:
Didnt really have a problem with richard other than the terrible 3rd down defense. Cable is the one that needs to be gone.

2012 3rd down defense: 77 conversions on 199 attempts with an average to go yardage of 7.63 yards. That's a conversion percentage of 38.7%.

2017 3rd down defense: 85 conversions on 223 attempts with an average to go yardage of 7.43 yards. That's a conversion percentage of 38.1%.

Third down defense was slightly worse with Gus around. I still stand by my statement earlier that this would be a lateral move at DC, but if means getting rid of Cable it's a step forward I guess. Still don't want Gus as the next head coach though.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Richards still managed great games with our injuries, so the idea that Gus is better is not at all factually or reasonably objective. I want someone better than Richards but he is getting an excessive amount of criticism

If you’re gonna call this an upgrade, at least look back at his blown games. Gus had more than enough to work with and he’s been average at best since leaving us. No thanks

EDIT: Not to mention, Gus had a more efficient offense to work with, with a healthy Beast Mode

IrishNW

Reaction score
I wonder if this means Richards is getting the colts head coaching job

nwHawk

Reaction score
What this rumor tells me is that Richard must be getting a Head Coaching gig. Any other reason just doesn't make sense.

Thanks Kris, you did a fine job with the LOB. Good luck at the next level.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Great minds think alike Irish!