Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Case Keenum VR Upped his Game

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Case Keenum VR Upped his Game
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:59 am
  • The great thing about Virtual Reality that I see, is reviewing a game where a QB made some bad decisions, or bad throws, and instead of just watching it, they can "participate" in the replay with VR. It's worked for Case Keenum, maybe it will help Russell Wilson.

How more than 2,500 virtual reality reps helped transform Case Keenum's game

This season, Keenum found a way to get the most out his time every week, particularly when he’s not getting live reps or in the quarterback room.

That method is virtual reality. Like many teams across the NFL and in college football, the Minnesota Vikings use technology patented by STRIVR, an industry leader in virtual reality training.

A lot of guys who are starters don’t think they need it anymore because they’re getting reps on the field,” Belch said. “[Keenum] said, ‘No, I think this is something that would be even more valuable as a starter as a supplemental preparation tool.’”

As a result, Keenum has had thousands of additional mental reps.

In total since he took over starting duties in Week 2, Keenum has viewed 2,647 plays through virtual reality, which translated to him getting to review every play the Vikings have run this season two to three times from a mental standpoint over the course of the year, according to STRIVR’s tracking data

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... enums-game
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Re: Case Keenum VR Upped his Game
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:26 am
  • ivotuk wrote:The great thing about Virtual Reality that I see, is reviewing a game where a QB made some bad decisions, or bad throws, and instead of just watching it, they can "participate" in the replay with VR. It's worked for Case Keenum, maybe it will help Russell Wilson.

This season, Keenum found a way to get the most out his time every week, particularly when he’s not getting live reps or in the quarterback room.

That method is virtual reality. Like many teams across the NFL and in college football, the Minnesota Vikings use technology patented by STRIVR, an industry leader in virtual reality training.

A lot of guys who are starters don’t think they need it anymore because they’re getting reps on the field,” Belch said. “[Keenum] said, ‘No, I think this is something that would be even more valuable as a starter as a supplemental preparation tool.’”

In total since he took over starting duties in Week 2, Keenum has viewed 2,647 plays through virtual reality, which translated to him getting to review every play the Vikings have run this season two to three times from a mental standpoint over the course of the year, according to STRIVR’s tracking data

Maybe a certain OC should use that so he can see what 4 freight trains coming at you looks like when he calls plays for Wilson :)

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:27 am
  • ivotuk wrote:The great thing about Virtual Reality that I see, is reviewing a game where a QB made some bad decisions, or bad throws, and instead of just watching it, they can "participate" in the replay with VR. It's worked for Case Keenum, maybe it will help Russell Wilson.

How soon until we have Demolition Man style 'skill' implantation? And how would the Patriots sabotage the Jet's VR?
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:28 am
  • This is a really interesting article, thanks for posting it! I hope RW will take advantage of this if he isn't already. Paul Allen certainly has the resources to get the best VR setup in the league if the players/coaches want it.

I wonder how long it will be before you're able to play Madden this way...
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:05 pm
  • Very interesting.

You always hear about stuff like this and it never seems to take off. Be interesting to see if Seattle shows interest.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:26 pm
  • DJrmb wrote:This is a really interesting article, thanks for posting it! I hope RW will take advantage of this if he isn't already. Paul Allen certainly has the resources to get the best VR setup in the league if the players/coaches want it.

I wonder how long it will be before you're able to play Madden this way...

RW sure could use it.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:27 pm
  • Paul has so much tech in his facilities, I would be surprised if it wasn't there already.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:01 am
  • With the big leapes in VR lately it was only a matter of time before this happened. Wonder how long til this becomes a normal thing. Would be cool to have backups who are already (virtually) experienced
    Anchovy of Terror
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:11 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information