Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Saints @ Vikings

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Saints @ Vikings
Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:57 pm
  • I'll say it. To me, that was the single best, most impressive play that I have ever seen (literally seen). Yes, even better than the NFCCG. Minnesota was down to their final play, despite killing it all year, Keenum still has doubters, makes one hell of a throw, Diggs' awareness to stay ion his feet and in bounds. It was simply amazing. If the Hawks had been down to their final play, it would be different. I was literally stunned. I'm happy for Minnesota. Keenum, Diggs, Thielen, and Latavius are all guys you should root for. That offense if a bunch of misfits.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:59 pm
  • The most impressive play you've ever seen? Oh, come on. Hyperbole wins the day, apparently. :roll:
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:01 pm
  • BlueThunder wrote:
    Hawk_Nation wrote:Image

No shit. What was that guy doing?? Did he have money on the game or something? On the play, it looked like he just ducked out of making the play. It was just weird. All he had to do was wrap his arms around him, game over.

That guy will be remembered like Tracy Porter was for getting trucked in the beastmode play.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    Msfann
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:06 pm
  • Great plays happen to good teams. The ball fell their way...... Dougy B,,,,,,,,(that's why 2013 was different than 2017 and any other year).
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:08 pm
  • Thepeelsessions wrote:I'll say it. To me, that was the single best, most impressive play that I have ever seen (literally seen). Yes, even better than the NFCCG. Minnesota was down to their final play, despite killing it all year, Keenum still has doubters, makes one hell of a throw, Diggs' awareness to stay ion his feet and in bounds. It was simply amazing. If the Hawks had been down to their final play, it would be different. I was literally stunned. I'm happy for Minnesota. Keenum, Diggs, Thielen, and Latavius are all guys you should root for. That offense if a bunch of misfits.

i dont know how you put a defensive choke play ahead of the Beast Quake, but ok. It was definitely a memorable and shocking play but it's a blunder. You can't label blunders as the most impressive. C'mon man. Wasn't even the most impressive play in this current NFL season.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:09 pm
  • Thepeelsessions wrote:I'll say it. To me, that was the single best, most impressive play that I have ever seen (literally seen). Yes, even better than the NFCCG. Minnesota was down to their final play, despite killing it all year, Keenum still has doubters, makes one hell of a throw, Diggs' awareness to stay ion his feet and in bounds. It was simply amazing. If the Hawks had been down to their final play, it would be different. I was literally stunned. I'm happy for Minnesota. Keenum, Diggs, Thielen, and Latavius are all guys you should root for. That offense if a bunch of misfits.

It was the single biggest blunder ever.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:16 pm
  • Very entertaining game, I would like it if Vikings can go all the way and win that super bowl.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:18 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:20 pm
  • Diggs went straight up to high point the ball.. defender thought Diggs was falling, what it looked like to me, just a bad D all the way around.. .. then to block his own guy.. yikes.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:37 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:
    dopeboy206 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Any Super Bowl that none of the “Legacy teams” are in is great in my book!
    Sorry but I want all the teams that has 0 Superbowls to remain that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I strongly agree with this. There can't be an envied league of evil and a class of suffering fanbases if everyone has a ring.

Agree that it sucks that the Pats could win again, but I'd take that over any of the other teams getting their first. Awful situation overall. Hope our Hawks can get back into contention next year and make the race for the SB great again.

I couldn't disagree more, TBH I doubt i'll even watch the game if NE beats Jacksonville.
    el capitan
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:41 pm
  • Man, rooting against teams getting their first is mind-numbingly selfish. I don't even know what to say to that.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:48 pm
  • Smellyman wrote:
    Thepeelsessions wrote:I'll say it. To me, that was the single best, most impressive play that I have ever seen (literally seen). Yes, even better than the NFCCG. Minnesota was down to their final play, despite killing it all year, Keenum still has doubters, makes one hell of a throw, Diggs' awareness to stay ion his feet and in bounds. It was simply amazing. If the Hawks had been down to their final play, it would be different. I was literally stunned. I'm happy for Minnesota. Keenum, Diggs, Thielen, and Latavius are all guys you should root for. That offense if a bunch of misfits.

Disagree. NO was lucky to be in the position they were to win. Gave Minnesota 3 min left with two timeouts. Game was totally in the Vikings hands. Was the last play misfortunate for NO, yes.

However, that guy doesn't whiff on his hit, it would have most likely been a pass interference call. He was there way too early and took a bad angle. This is way overblown and reminds me of Tate against Green Bay.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:52 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:The most impressive play you've ever seen? Oh, come on. Hyperbole wins the day, apparently. :roll:

Obviously it doesn't. Everyone has their own taste. One last desperation play left, season literally on the line, everyone thinks it's over. The offensive line didn't fold, Keenum didn't fold. That's why, to me, it's the most impressive play.

Crizilla wrote:i dont know how you put a defensive choke play ahead of the Beast Quake, but ok. It was definitely a memorable and shocking play but it's a blunder. You can't label blunders as the most impressive. C'mon man. Wasn't even the most impressive play in this current NFL season.

Come on man! The Beast Quake was a complete defensive choke all the way around! Yeah, is was insane and stunning, but that game still had time. Don't get me wrong, it was a hell of a play. Minnesota had 10 seconds left. From their own 39. Just think about that for a second. It's not like it was Rodgers, or Brady making that throw. Please, tell me what your play of the season is! I'm dying to know!
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:14 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:59 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:
    Sean Payton coached a horrible 4th quarter. His time management sucked and his challenges were not close. All the safety had to do was tackle him in bounds and the game is over. That being said, I feel terrible for the safety!
    peppersjap
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:25 pm
  • Thepeelsessions wrote:Obviously it doesn't. Everyone has their own taste. One last desperation play left, season literally on the line, everyone thinks it's over. The offensive line didn't fold, Keenum didn't fold. That's why, to me, it's the most impressive play.

This has nothing to do with taste. There has to be a lot of skill involved for a play to even have a chance at sniffing "greatest ever" territory. The defender just fell down and took out his own guy. The receiver had nobody touching him, he just made a catch and ran to the end zone. Not even a juke or defender had to be dodged.

This isn't within a million miles of "greatest ever" and it's not even DEBATABLE.

He may as well have been the only player on the field for all the skill it took for him to catch that ball and run to the end zone with it. Give me a break.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:57 pm
  • Safety totally mistimed his attack. He was there too fast. Hits the guy, pass interference. Should have totally backed off and made the tackle but that puts the Vikings in FG range. He was screwed either way.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:28 am
  • There is some credit to be given as well, Keenum getting the ball there, Diggs catching the ball and then having the wits to not run straight out of bounds initially and compose himself enough to realize that nobody was behind him and to score.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:17 am
  • In hindsight I think the guy thought Diggs would catch it and go out right where he dived.
    A fluke play and it hurts for the Saints fans/players as they had the game won.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Saints @ Vikings
Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:43 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:
    dopeboy206 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:Any Super Bowl that none of the “Legacy teams” are in is great in my book!
    Sorry but I want all the teams that has 0 Superbowls to remain that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh?

Why?

Common sense duh. So they don't catch up to us. Do u understand how insufferable eagles fans will be if they win one? Their fans are already bad enough to deal with right now so imagine if their team had 1 SB in their resume....Right now we have bragging rights over other fans whose team has 0. And as much as I hate them I rather New England win than any of the remaining teams. Lol
    Last edited by dopeboy206 on Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
    dopeboy206
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:59 am
  • Vikings summon vintage Carroll era Seahawk luck on that final play.

#DestinedToWinSBLII
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:07 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:Diggs went straight up to high point the ball.. defender thought Diggs was falling, what it looked like to me, just a bad D all the way around.. .. then to block his own guy.. yikes.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe he thought his timing was off and he didn't want to give up a pass interference that would guarantee a shot at a field goal.
    Torc
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:12 am
  • Thepeelsessions wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:The most impressive play you've ever seen? Oh, come on. Hyperbole wins the day, apparently. :roll:

Obviously it doesn't. Everyone has their own taste. One last desperation play left, season literally on the line, everyone thinks it's over. The offensive line didn't fold, Keenum didn't fold. That's why, to me, it's the most impressive play.

Crizilla wrote:i dont know how you put a defensive choke play ahead of the Beast Quake, but ok. It was definitely a memorable and shocking play but it's a blunder. You can't label blunders as the most impressive. C'mon man. Wasn't even the most impressive play in this current NFL season.

Come on man! The Beast Quake was a complete defensive choke all the way around! Yeah, is was insane and stunning, but that game still had time. Don't get me wrong, it was a hell of a play. Minnesota had 10 seconds left. From their own 39. Just think about that for a second. It's not like it was Rodgers, or Brady making that throw. Please, tell me what your play of the season is! I'm dying to know!

It was just an out route that was designed for the reciever to catch and go out of bounds. Williams completely whiffed on the tackle so it became a TD pass. It's not that impressive. It really isn't. Incredibly unlikely, yes, but that's it. And idk about the most impressive play this season....I'd have to dig through a lot of tape. When NO converted that 4th down that was just as impressive of a play. Almost the same exact play design.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:40 am
  • Simple out route?

Minnesota had 10 seconds left. No timeouts. 60 yards away from pay dirt and 30 yards for a comfortable fieldgoal. They had an unproven average arm Keenum at the helm who threw 1 INT already and 0 TDs. That play was a deep out with 2 receivers and 2 defenders in the same area. Not so simple when you reflect on it.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:53 am
  • goat play ftw
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:00 am
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:21 am
  • It was a hell of a game, best in the playoffs by far.

Feel awful for the safety.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:30 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Thepeelsessions wrote:Obviously it doesn't. Everyone has their own taste. One last desperation play left, season literally on the line, everyone thinks it's over. The offensive line didn't fold, Keenum didn't fold. That's why, to me, it's the most impressive play.

This has nothing to do with taste. There has to be a lot of skill involved for a play to even have a chance at sniffing "greatest ever" territory. The defender just fell down and took out his own guy. The receiver had nobody touching him, he just made a catch and ran to the end zone. Not even a juke or defender had to be dodged.

This isn't within a million miles of "greatest ever" and it's not even DEBATABLE.

He may as well have been the only player on the field for all the skill it took for him to catch that ball and run to the end zone with it. Give me a break.

It absolutely is all about taste. One writer at Yahoo ranks it as the 3rd best of all time, behind the music City miracle and the immaculate reception. Another writer at ESPN ranks it as the 15th best of all time, behind plays like Tebow to Thomas and Flacco to Jones. Everyone will view it differently. And the Beast Quake isn't even on either of those lists. In Minnesota's case, Yahoo considers the circumstances of the play (time left on the clock, distance to the EZ, Keenum's throw, Diggs adjustment, etc). And it's the only play in NFL playoff history to end on a walk off TD on the final play of the game.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/stefon-diggs-miracle-rank-among-thrilling-game-winners-playoff-history-144505559.html
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:53 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Thepeelsessions wrote:Obviously it doesn't. Everyone has their own taste. One last desperation play left, season literally on the line, everyone thinks it's over. The offensive line didn't fold, Keenum didn't fold. That's why, to me, it's the most impressive play.

IMO anytime you include the insane pressure and importance of a moment, it elevates the play into the lofty comparisons we're putting on the play.

For Diggs to highpoint the ball, come down, NOT go out of bounds out of fear, keep his balance with his off hand, stay in bounds and score? That's pretty damn amazing.

That's how I'll remember the play, the positive. I'd rather not pile on the DB, dude's being crucified right now.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:29 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:The most impressive play you've ever seen? Oh, come on. Hyperbole wins the day, apparently. :roll:

I agree. It's not even the greatest catch ever. That belongs to Odell Beckham Jr.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:00 am
  • Amazing last play and Diggs really skied to grab that ball from above the rim. I think that threw off the defender who thought he would catch it closer to the sideline. Great play by Diggs to maintain his balance and stay in bounds.

However I thought the Vikes benefited from some hometown calls from the refs. There were numerous questionable PIs and holding calls and a generous spots for first downs to extend drives, which enabled the Vikings build their big lead.
    naholmes
    NET Starter

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:13 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:The most impressive play you've ever seen? Oh, come on. Hyperbole wins the day, apparently. :roll:

I agree. It's not even the greatest catch ever. That belongs to Odell Beckham Jr.

Impressive moment, sure, given what was on the line. But it's not like he was shrugging off tackles against the defending SB champs during a run play, where you're 100% going to experience some contact and have to actually fight for the end zone. Broken down, it was a fairly routine catch and run for any WR since the DB completely whiffed (probably scared of drawing a defenseless receiver penalty or DPI). No one ever laid a finger on him and he didn't even have to juke.

The Giants were already eliminated from playoff contention when that catch happened, so it may as well have been an exhibition game. But that hasn't stopped the media from shoving it down everyone's throats endlessly since it happened. Even in college games, announcers always make some Beckham reference whenever anyone makes a one-handed catch, like he invented the damn thing.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:41 am
  • Seanhawk wrote:

I think that catch can be rivaled by Mike Evans' catch vs Atlanta, Doug's vs Minnesota, and DeAndre Hopkins' catch this year. Heck, even Paul Richardson's catch vs Detroit. Line the above poster mentioned, everyone acts like ODB invented the one handed catch. It's ridiculous.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:47 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

They were right in guarding the sidelines but what was the point in having guys in the short zone? They didn't need to defend anything on the sideline outside the 40 yard-line.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:01 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:IMO anytime you include the insane pressure and importance of a moment, it elevates the play into the lofty comparisons we're putting on the play.

For Diggs to highpoint the ball, come down, NOT go out of bounds out of fear, keep his balance with his off hand, stay in bounds and score? That's pretty damn amazing.

That's how I'll remember the play, the positive. I'd rather not pile on the DB, dude's being crucified right now.

Oh gee, high-pointing a catch and taking it to the end zone. That certainly doesn't happen EVERY WEEK in the NFL during the regular season.

Yeah...alright, guys.

@Seanhawk: I know you're trolling me, so I won't respond. :)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:16 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:IMO anytime you include the insane pressure and importance of a moment, it elevates the play into the lofty comparisons we're putting on the play.

Oh gee, high-pointing a catch and taking it to the end zone. That certainly doesn't happen EVERY WEEK in the NFL during the regular season.

Yeah...alright, guys.

@Seanhawk: I know you're trolling me, so I won't respond. :)

Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:08 pm
  • Probably important to put it into context... 10 seconds left, 61 yards away, playoffs, blowing a 17 point lead.. and all the pressure of being 13-3 and trying to be the first team to play a home Super Bowl.

That was one hell of a moment
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:26 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:Vikes just got a free 1st down.

You saw that huh? LOLOL.

UK_Seahawk wrote:That looked like a pick on that wright reception.

It's practically their entire offense without Cook.I re-watched our Week 1 game against them earlier in the week and within the first 5 minutes noticed they run almost nothing but pick plays. I was calling out every time they would happen like clockwork yesterday.

Uncle Si wrote:Shameless diving and play acting by Vikings. Refs awful so far.

Just as poor is the saints offense

Thought it was just us seeing the way that game was called in the first half. They flagged the piss out of us while Rhodes held Michael Thomas at every possible opportunity. But yeah, our offense the first 30 minutes of the game was abysmal.

Thankfully they started calling it evenly after half. I'm glad Thomas ate his lunch and took his milk money in the 2nd half to the point Rhodes nearly had a nervous breakdown on the sideline.

Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Trick play was there, but it’s a receiver throwing the ball. Always going to be risky. Tough call on 3rd and 1 for me.

Sucked to miss on that because we hit that same play on the Rams last year for a TD. Kamara is just way faster than Hightower and Snead threw it a bit too far.

chris98251 wrote:Also Kudos to the Saints players that came back out, some of them were offensive guys just ending the game.

One of those was our punter who broke his rib having to make a tackle (on I think our first drive) and still had to punt 17 or so times in the first half and held on field goals. Tough SOB.

hawk45 wrote:Williams makes a routine tackle and the Saints advance, what a boner. If I'm a Saints fan I want him gone, I don't care what he's done or if he's good normally. Just a devastating mental mistake to cost you the season.

He isn't going anywhere. Including yesterday, he had 5 picks on the season, as a rookie. Your own Earl Thomas pulled off the same number his rookie season. Would you have wanted to cut him had he missed a tackle against Chicago in the 2011 Divisional playoff game?

NJlargent wrote:43 and whoever was 22 on beast quake should go out for a drink and figure out who is more embarrassed

It'd be Marcus Williams, purely for the fact that he's a rookie and it was only his second play-off game. Porter had a game saving and game sealing interception off of Favre and then Manning in back-to-back games during our championship run the year before, the latter of which being a 74-yard TD to seal our Super Bowl. He's literally a hometown hero being he's from Port Allen, LA.

falcongoggles wrote:Saints fans have absorbed some real punishment post Super Bowl. Bounty gate, Beastquake and the Minneapolis Miracle. Sweet baby J, that is rough.

It's sucked, but the 2012 playoff loss to San Francisco hurt more than all of those and our 2014 playoff loss to you guys combined.

Msfann wrote:That guy will be remembered like Tracy Porter was for getting trucked in the beastmode play.

For Minnesota fans? Yeah, but fans of other teams won't remember him. Just like no one remembers Tracy Porter outside of Colts fans, you guys and us in New Orleans.

pehawk wrote:I have a boner, right now, as I type this.

:les:
    IronSaint
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:57 am
  • Williams is a rookie. He had a phenomenal rookie season, but he is still a rookie.

You know what the only thing he heard as he is running to make the stop? His coaches voice from the last timeout before the play. “Whatever you do, don’t give up a PI. You hear me? Don’t give up a PI in field goal range.”

That kid didn’t whiff on the hit, he pulled off to avoid the PI. His mistake was getting to the play too fast, and not being able to pull up. Sherman/ Thomas don’t make that mistake, but they have more experience.

I wouldn’t write the kid off yet, he had a great year, and pulling off the attack is just a little inexperience.

He’s no Brian Bostick. Now that was a true screw up.

Fire Tom Cable

Still can't believe we let Alex Collins go
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:04 am
  • Smellyman wrote:
    Thepeelsessions wrote:I'll say it. To me, that was the single best, most impressive play that I have ever seen (literally seen). Yes, even better than the NFCCG. Minnesota was down to their final play, despite killing it all year, Keenum still has doubters, makes one hell of a throw, Diggs' awareness to stay ion his feet and in bounds. It was simply amazing. If the Hawks had been down to their final play, it would be different. I was literally stunned. I'm happy for Minnesota. Keenum, Diggs, Thielen, and Latavius are all guys you should root for. That offense if a bunch of misfits.

You guys have to stop using the word 'ever.' There are a bunch of blunders that are just as bad off the top of my head. Romo fumble for one, Leon Lett as well.
    potatohead
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:01 pm
  • Ever these days means since they had the interest in watching Football, not historically. Millennials ........

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:03 pm
  • bigskydoc wrote:Williams is a rookie. He had a phenomenal rookie season, but he is still a rookie.

You know what the only thing he heard as he is running to make the stop? His coaches voice from the last timeout before the play. “Whatever you do, don’t give up a PI. You hear me? Don’t give up a PI in field goal range.”

That kid didn’t whiff on the hit, he pulled off to avoid the PI. His mistake was getting to the play too fast, and not being able to pull up. Sherman/ Thomas don’t make that mistake, but they have more experience.

I wouldn’t write the kid off yet, he had a great year, and pulling off the attack is just a little inexperience.

He’s no Brian Bostick. Now that was a true screw up.

Yeah, watching the play again, it does become clear that avoiding the PI was his prime directive and that once he accelerated towards the ball to make a play he was out of options. He could either interfere or do what he did and dive around the guy. Being less aggressive to the ball would have been the right play, but that's a very fine line to walk as we found out Russell's first year when the Falcons bounced us out of the playoffs as we let Matt Ryan complete bombs on us to get in field goal range.
    hawk45
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:23 pm
  • I'm not sure that it's even the worst play of the Vikings-Saints playoff matchups. That honor goes to Bret Farve throwing it to Tracy Porter in the 2009 NFCCG.

Worst play of all time either has to be Lett touching the ball after the blocked field goal, the Colts running a fake punt against the Pats, Desean Jackson dropping the ball before crossing the line, or my personal vote, Jim Marshall recovers a fumble and runs to the wrong end zone.

When it comes to true, boneheaded screwups, that happened at critical moments in the playoffs however, I really can't think of any worse play than Bostick trying to recover our onside kick.
    Fire Tom Cable

Still can't believe we let Alex Collins go
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:33 pm
  • It's right up there with the immac reception.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:21 am
  • Heard it was the first ever TD reception to win a playoff game as time expired.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:35 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Heard it was the first ever TD reception to win a playoff game as time expired.

Yep think it was the announcers that said it!
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:47 pm
  • Thanks Iron SAint. Glad you showed up here and put forth your insight. See yall next year.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:07 pm
  • IronSaint made reference to the punter.

Great story: some Vikes fans took some appreciation in him coming out for the last play, looked him up, saw a charity he has a s spread the word.

His charity has something like 100k (25k in 4 hours since his radio interview) in donations from Vikings fans since the game. Punter has since said he will move all that donated money to a MN children’s charity.

Cool story.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:51 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Heard it was the first ever TD reception to win a playoff game as time expired.

Which doesn’t really mean nearly as much as if they were down by four points.
    potatohead
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:14 pm
  • potatohead wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Heard it was the first ever TD reception to win a playoff game as time expired.

Which doesn’t really mean nearly as much as if they were down by four points.

Sure that’s how is the Saints and Vikings feel about it.

So many here want to disparage the greatness of this play. Unfortunate..
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

PreviousNext

It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:52 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information