Trouble in paradise

adeltaY

Reaction score
Eh, that sucks for them I guess, but when you have as many picks as they do and as much cap space, you can afford to make those kinds of mistakes and choose risky players. A margin for error another team in the NFCW couldn't really afford...

WmHBonney

Reaction score
He entered the league as a member of the substance abuse protocol. So what happens now?

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WmHBonney":276oabhf said:
He entered the league as a member of the substance abuse protocol. So what happens now?
I would assume it’s 4 games, but I could be wrong.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SF49r":1mnv9ye6 said:
omg weed!?!?! no way ban him for life!
It's stupid that weed is such an infraction; but that can't change in the NFL until it's legal nationwide. However, what's even more stupid is how many guys aren't smart enough to just give that crap up for the duration of their NFL careers.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3pnplfru said:
SF49r":3pnplfru said:
It's stupid that weed is such an infraction; but that can't change in the NFL until it's legal nationwide. However, what's even more stupid is how many guys aren't smart enough to just give that crap up for the duration of their NFL careers.

Yup, totally agree. Irony is you have to party when your young when you shouldn't, then have no interest in it when your old when you can.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Its disappointing if only because the NFL rules are a bit arcane on the subject and he should know that, but I'm not overly concerned.

From what I've read it may void the guarantee in his contract (not the money itself) and might cost him a fine of two game checks but no suspension.

Just hoping he makes some better decisions. It is a part of the reason he was available at 31 to begin with so I guess its just a part of the risk.

Also worth noting that he is a big reason they wanted Ken Norton on staff as a mentor and why they let Ray Ray Armstrong go (bad influence). Reuben and Ray Ray were out late clubbing and nearly got mugged.

I only hope they get it in check. So much talent and ability there. I've already seen it dashed once with Aldon Smith.

SF49r

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2dzrxior said:
SF49r":2dzrxior said:
Yeah its stupid, also if he wanted to smoke so bad he should at least do it in a state where its actually legal unlike Alabama lol

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SF49r":1dbnh4jw said:
Yeah its stupid, also if he wanted to smoke so bad he should at least do it in a state where its actually legal unlike Alabama lol
No kidding. So many stupid rookies every year, it blows my mind.

SF49r

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1unp9qrr said:
SF49r":1unp9qrr said:
Pretty much, character is a huge part of the draft. We are starting to see the effects of taking a top 5 pick when it comes to talent in the #31 slot.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SF49r":32r4g4rw said:
RolandDeschain":32r4g4rw said:
SF49r":32r4g4rw said:
Pretty much, character is a huge part of the draft. We are starting to see the effects of taking a top 5 pick in the #31 slot.
Carroll's a big "second chance" guy, we've been there, lol.

SF49r

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":38ishzig said:
SF49r":38ishzig said:
RolandDeschain":38ishzig said:
SF49r":38ishzig said:
Pretty much, character is a huge part of the draft. We are starting to see the effects of taking a top 5 pick in the #31 slot.
Maybe too much for his own good, just look at the Bevell/Cable situation you guys had lol

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I agree the whole weed thing is stupid, and it should be legal everywhere if you are over 21.

But rules are rules!

I cannot partake and weed is legal here in Washington due to my job where they can test us at anytime.
I’m less than 6 years away from retirement and don’t want to lose my pension, medical/dental benes, paid vacation etc etc.
And this guy has shit ton more to lose than I do, and is too stupid figure it out.

Might be Alldumb Smith 2.0

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SF49r":44ezyby1 said:
RolandDeschain":44ezyby1 said:
SF49r":44ezyby1 said:
RolandDeschain":44ezyby1 said:
Maybe too much for his own good, just look at the Bevell/Cable situation you guys had lol
Loyalty is PC’s biggest strength..... it’s also his biggest weakness.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Really sucks because I don't agree with people that say "weed is natural". It is not good for you but alcohol is 100x worse and is legal.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3j6mvq4f said:
Really sucks because I don't agree with people that say "weed is natural". It is not good for you but alcohol is 100x worse and is legal.
I'm not aware of any conclusive evidence that links alcohol being bad for you if used in moderation. Same with weed. Care to throw out a link or two?

Maulbert

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":qz4u7m9z said:
SF49r":qz4u7m9z said:

The thing is, even if weed were fully legalized, the NFL has no reason to change their drug policy. In everyday life, Joe Schmoe will be fired from his job at Boeing or Microsoft if he tested positive for marijuana, just as he'd be fired if he went to work drunk. NFL players get more chances than Joe Schmoes, especially first round picks, so I won't shed a tear for any time he lost, and I would feel the same way if it was a Seahawk. There are plenty of ways you can smoke pot nowadays without placing yourself in that situation, so getting caught was his own fault. Just my opinion.

chris98251

Reaction score
With almost half the states now allowing it is just a matter of time before the Feds after this next election possibly finally make it legal.