If Jacksonville can upset New England...

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sounds good to me.

And rest in peace Keith. Feel like a part of my childhood, teens, and 20's just died.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
That would be great. Would like to watch a Super Bowl where I don’t care who wins.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If Jacksonville wins...America wins. They'll have done more to make America great again than Trump ever will.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":345wx7yj said:
If Jacksonville wins...America wins. They'll have done more to make America great again than Trump ever will.

Yeah, make no mistake, I want the Jags to win, but either is easily one of the worst QB matchup in Super Bowl history. I mean, here is the history:

1. Bart Starr vs. Len Dawson
2. Bart Starr vs. Daryle Lamonica
3. Joe Namath vs. Earl Morrall
4. Len Dawson vs. Joe Kapp
5. Johnny Unitas vs. Craig Morton
6. Roger Staubach vs. Bob Griese
7. Bob Griese vs. Billy Kilmer
8. Bob Griese vs. Fran Tarkenton
9. Terry Bradshaw vs. Fran Tarkenton
10. Terry Bradshaw vs. Roger Staubach
11. Ken Stabler vs. Fran Tarkenton
12. Roger Staubach vs. Craig Morton
13. Terry Bradshaw vs. Roger Staubach
14. Terry Bradshaw vs. Vince Ferragamo
15. Jim Plunkett vs. Ron Jaworski
16. Joe Montana vs. Ken Anderson
17. Joe Theismann vs. David Woodley
18. Jim Plunkett vs. Joe Theismann
19. Joe Montana vs. Dan Marino
20. Jim McMahon vs. Tony Eason
21. Phil Simms vs. John Elway
22. Doug Williams vs. John Elway
23. Joe Montana vs. Boomer Esiason
24. Joe Montana vs. John Elway
25. Jeff Hostetler vs. Jim Kelly
26. Mark Rypien vs. Jim Kelly
27. Troy Aikman vs. Jim Kelly
28. Troy Aikman vs. Jim Kelly
29. Steve Young vs. Stan Humphries
30. Troy Aikman vs. Neil O'Donnell
31. Brett Favre vs. Drew Bledsoe
32. John Elway vs. Brett Favre
33. John Elway vs. Chris Chandler
34. Kurt Warner vs. Steve McNair
35. Trent Dilfer vs. Kerry Collins
36. Tom Brady vs. Kurt Warner
37. Brad Johnson vs. Rich Gannon
38. Tom Brady vs. Jake Delhomme
39. Tom Brady vs. Donovan McNabb
40. Ben Roethlisberger vs. Matt Hasselbeck (deep breaths....)
41. Peyton Manning vs. Rex Grossman
42. Eli Manning vs. Tom Brady
43. Ben Roethlisberger vs. Kurt Warner
44. Drew Brees vs. Peyton Manning
45. Aaron Rodgers vs. Ben Roethlisberger
46. Eli Manning vs. Tom Brady
47. Joe Flacco vs. Colin Kaepernick
48. Russell Wilson vs. Peyton Manning
49. Tom Brady vs. Russell Wilson (find your happy place....)
50. Peyton Manning vs. Cam Newton
51. Tom Brady vs. Matt Ryan

Either would easily be in the top 5 worst, and maybe only Trent Dilfer vs. Kerry Collins tops it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm fine with some scrub QBs being the Super Bowl match-up. I don't care if it's officially the worst QB "duel" ever; if Brady has no chance to get another ring, I'm happy. ;)

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1g6c8kkk said:
I'm fine with some scrub QBs being the Super Bowl match-up. I don't care if it's officially the worst QB "duel" ever; if Brady has no chance to get another ring, I'm happy. ;)

Absolutely freaking yes. :2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Even if the Jags don't beat NE, I just want them to bloody them to a pulp so whatever NFC team gets in can have a chance to win.

Brady that that boring ass finesse dink and dunk offense would have a hard time getting battered and hammered two games in a row against the nasty Jags and Vikings defenses.

ABBNE....................ANYBODY BUT NEW ENGLAND!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3c3mz03k said:
Even if the Jags don't beat NE, I just want them to bloody them to a pulp so whatever NFC team gets in can have a chance to win.

Brady that that boring ass finesse dink and dunk offense would have a hard time getting battered and hammered two games in a row against the nasty Jags and Vikings defenses.

You think NE's offense is "boring-ass finesse"? Man, the way they change their offense based on their opponent is a thing of beauty...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3699joxb said:
Sgt. Largent":3699joxb said:

You think NE's offense is "boring-ass finesse"? Man, the way they change their offense based on their opponent is a thing of beauty...

I can be impressed with what the Patriot's do, yet still be bored to death of it.

I give Brady, Belichick and the Patriots all the props in the world, what they've done is unprecedented. But I'm over it, I don't care anymore.............and I'm not alone. Aren't we all tired of every single aspect of them? Aren't you tired of seeing Brady crossing pattern teams like Chinese water torture to death?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
My H.S. football coach always told us, "If you didn't get there, it's your job to root for the team that beat you." GO Jags!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I would love Jax vs. Vikings. Two really good Defenses and two unappreciated QBs. Could be a really good game.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Tommy will kill Jax. Just kill them. NE's screen game is going to neuter the Jags.

Book it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":22dpzbox said:
Tommy will kill Jax. Just kill them. NE's screen game is going to neuter the Jags.

Book it.

NE doesn't match up well against our style of defense, especially when fully healthy. Speed and physicality kills the Pats, as we showed them last year, Denver did to them two years ago, and we SHOULD have done in the SB if not for major injuries to the LOB and Avril/Lane during the game. Jags ARE that defense, obviously with Bradley's mark still all over that D.

Doesn't mean I don't think NE still wins. But it'll be because Belichick will make Blake Bortles look like Blake Bortles again, and neutralizes the Jags run game.

drcool

Reaction score
I hate to say it but I was rooting for the Steelers last week and the Patriots this week. Our office here is full of Jags fans and they have been insufferable. 99% of them didn't give a rip about the Jags until mid-November this year. The whole city is like that too.

Yeah, there are actually some die-hard Jags fans who have been hardcore fans for 20 years and they are fine but all the Johnny-come-lately fans are horrible. I used to kind of like the Jags but no more.