Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Bevell to QB coach DaBears

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:33 am

Re: Bevell to QB coach DaBears
Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:18 am
  • This can't be - until I finally blocked a certain now-former poster, I kept reading on here that bevel was destined for the next HC job of the Seahawks, and in fact had turned down numerous HC jobs to stay here. Guess not, huh?
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:22 am
  • Yeah he'd likely do well with the Bears as QB coach, good luck to him.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:00 am
  • Now that he's finally gone, can we admit that he actually did a really good job here?

Sure things got away from us the last couple years, but even then what did we rank 11th in overall O? But thats not what im talking about.

He took an undersized 3rd rd QB, and rewrote his entire playbook for him. He helped get us to the Superbowl back to back years. Yes he blew the second one, but we were there.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:18 am
  • gowazzu02 wrote:Now that he's finally gone, can we admit that he actually did a really good job here?

Sure things got away from us the last couple years, but even then what did we rank 11th in overall O? But thats not what im talking about.

He took an undersized 3rd rd QB, and rewrote his entire playbook for him. He helped get us to the Superbowl back to back years. Yes he blew the second one, but we were there.

Nope.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:22 am
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:Now that he's finally gone, can we admit that he actually did a really good job here?

Nope.

Knew you'd say that :lol: :lol: :lol:
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:22 am
  • gowazzu02 wrote:Now that he's finally gone, can we admit that he actually did a really good job here?

:pukeface: :34853_doh: :177692:
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:33 am
  • original poster wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    gowazzu02 wrote:Now that he's finally gone, can we admit that he actually did a really good job here?

Nope.

Knew you'd say that :lol: :lol: :lol:

What can I say. I'm nothing but predictable.

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:27 pm
  • original poster wrote:Yeah he'd likely do well with the Bears as QB coach, good luck to him.

Does the QB coach also coach up the waterboys and their Staff??? Asking for a friend. :lol:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:45 pm

Picking up the slack now that Souix disappeared?
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:02 pm
  • JustTheTip wrote:

Picking up the slack now that Souix disappeared?

Gotta be at least one contrarian just to be contrarian or this would be a boring place. 8)

Back on topic: Poor Bears, too stupid for their own good.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:37 pm
  • LOL, he got a Super Bowl ring being the OC for the Seahawks, yet couldn't even find another OC gig and signed on at a big downgrade of a job position.

Yeah, I'd say this is more evidence that everybody knows he sucks. To the people wanting Bevell over an as-yet-unseen-for-the-Seahawks Schotty, build a bridge and get the hell over it.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:18 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:LOL, he got a Super Bowl ring being the OC for the Seahawks, yet couldn't even find another OC gig and signed on at a big downgrade of a job position.

Yeah, I'd say this is more evidence that everybody knows he sucks. To the people wanting Bevell over an as-yet-unseen-for-the-Seahawks Schotty, build a bridge and get the hell over it.

I'm looking forward to a season where SOMEONE other than RW can score and rush. I'm looking forward to less than 30 sacks next season. Small wins.

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:52 pm
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:I'm looking forward to a season where SOMEONE other than RW can score and rush. I'm looking forward to less than 30 sacks next season. Small wins.

RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:52 pm

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:00 pm
  • LMAO. Struggling to find a QB coach job. Color me shocked. Meanwhile, we can't keep a DC because they keep getting head coaching offers.

Man, people have been delusional about Bevell.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:27 pm

This is all correct.

The pressure is now on to exceed Bevell's production with Wilson.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:41 pm
  • NINEster wrote:

This is all correct.

The pressure is now on to exceed Bevell's production with Wilson.

You’re not very good at trolling FWIW.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:57 pm
  • Vindication.

All of the posters who called out Bevell, myself included were right.

Having to hear the apologists defend him was some of the most pathetic, insane, and yet funny comedy I have ever seen on this site.

The great Darrell Bevell can only get a QB coach job, and that is really only because Quinn knows him.

Dude is on the verge of being out of the league entirely.

LOL.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:46 pm
  • Fade wrote:The great Darrell Bevell can only get a QB coach job, and that is really only because Quinn knows him.

LOL.

Well, maybe it's because he's so old--err...wait a second. He's 48, which should put him right in the prime of his coaching career.

Never mind; carry on. :salute:

:lol:
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:15 am

From what I seen over the years most of there big plays were from backyard football from Wilson and Lynch being impossible to tackle. They're turning all these busted plays into big plays. Coaching on the offensive side of the ball was a big issue and if you can't see it than your blinded by Wilson and Lynch just being simply amazing. If you take out Wilson's mobility, I'd say that offense would be historically bad and its amazing he still led the league in touchdowns.
    SF49r
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:21 am
  • Steve Sarkisian and Darrell Bevell would make a great team in Atlanta.

hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:15 am
  • SF49r wrote:

From what I seen over the years most of there big plays were from backyard football from Wilson and Lynch being impossible to tackle. They're turning all these busted plays into big plays. Coaching on the offensive side of the ball was a big issue and if you can't see it than your blinded by Wilson and Lynch just being simply amazing. If you take out Wilson's mobility, I'd say that offense would be historically bad and its amazing he still led the league in touchdowns.

Bingo!

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:17 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Fade wrote:The great Darrell Bevell can only get a QB coach job, and that is really only because Quinn knows him.

LOL.

Well, maybe it's because he's so old--err...wait a second. He's 48, which should put him right in the prime of his coaching career.

I might get flamed for this. But I think there are some college teams he would be a good fit for. The speed of the game is different in college and slow developing bubble screens actually work there. Maybe Chip Kelly needs an OC at UCLA. hahaha

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:21 am
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Fade wrote:The great Darrell Bevell can only get a QB coach job, and that is really only because Quinn knows him.

LOL.

I might get flamed for this. But I think there are some college teams he would be a good fit for. The speed of the game is different in college and slow developing bubble screens actually work there. Maybe Chip Kelly needs an OC at UCLA. hahaha

I can't see Chip going for that....he is all about speed and efficiency. Remember, it takes Bev about 30 seconds to get the play call in every time. One of the things that always drove me crazy was Wilson walking up to the line with about 7 seconds left on the play clock and getting the ball snapped at 1 second every time.
    Welcome to Mr. Wilson's Magic Show
    Strong safety Kam Chancellor, a 6-foot-3, 232-pound rhinoceros in cleats.....REED ALBERGOTTI
    Put them together, and this long-limbed, fleet-a-foot foursome forms a formidable force. ....Clare Farnsworth referencing the "Legion of Boom"
    oregonhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Re: Bevell to QB coach DaBears Not exactly
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:08 pm
  • Sorry, had to change the title...

Good luck to him tho....
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:49 pm
  • SF49r wrote:

Just to play devils advocate. There are plenty of people that didn't give Wilson due credit coming into this year and point out specific examples where he missed throws or how Seattle oculdn't run a traditional offense because of his deficiency. (ie height)

Im not saying he shouldn't be canned but at the same time we've been pretty darn good over the years. And we spend considerably less on the offense. IE. cheapest oline in the league. His top targets for years were both former UDFAs. Both our prized offensive trade pieces didnt' really fit the offense we wanted to run. Harvin not being a true WR and being a knuclkle head and Graham not being a true TE more of a wr hybrid who also shredded his knee in year 1.

OK now that thats out of the way, go back to posting like we were Cleveland on offense while under bevel!
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:26 pm
  • Bevell did a good job up until “The Play”, the team was never the same after that play. IMHO Bevell was responsible for it but was never held accountable (in the media or the clubhouse) and that divided our players. I thank Bevell for being a part of a Seahawks Championship, but this team has begged to moved on and grow from 49... now is their chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    AKNFidel
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:35 pm
  • AKNFidel wrote:Bevell did a good job up until “The Play”, the team was never the same after that play. IMHO Bevell was responsible for it but was never held accountable (in the media or the clubhouse) and that divided our players. I thank Bevell for being a part of a Seahawks Championship, but this team has begged to moved on and grow from 49... now is their chance.

There were plenty of threads on this board before "The Play" that lambasted Bevell for his incompetence and called for him to be fired. I know because I started some of them, LOL.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:46 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    AKNFidel wrote:Bevell did a good job up until “The Play”, the team was never the same after that play. IMHO Bevell was responsible for it but was never held accountable (in the media or the clubhouse) and that divided our players. I thank Bevell for being a part of a Seahawks Championship, but this team has begged to moved on and grow from 49... now is their chance.

There were plenty of threads on this board before "The Play" that lambasted Bevell for his incompetence and called for him to be fired. I know because I started some of them, LOL.

There are plenty of threads on here saying JS needs to be canned, or PC.... this board is full of people who freak out over any and everything. Should not be the indicator of really anything.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:54 pm
  • gowazzu02 wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    AKNFidel wrote:Bevell did a good job up until “The Play”, the team was never the same after that play. IMHO Bevell was responsible for it but was never held accountable (in the media or the clubhouse) and that divided our players. I thank Bevell for being a part of a Seahawks Championship, but this team has begged to moved on and grow from 49... now is their chance.

There are plenty of threads on here saying JS needs to be canned, or PC.... this board is full of people who freak out over any and everything. Should not be the indicator of really anything.

The people who want Carroll/Schneider "canned" are fools. There were legitimate gripes against Bevell since he his first year with the Seahawks, which have been detailed ad nauseum.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:42 am
  • AKNFidel wrote:Bevell did a good job up until “The Play”, the team was never the same after that play. IMHO Bevell was responsible for it but was never held accountable (in the media or the clubhouse) and that divided our players. I thank Bevell for being a part of a Seahawks Championship, but this team has begged to moved on and grow from 49... now is their chance.

I remember my first time watching the 2011 season.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:43 am
  • Any OC could have made that 2012-14 Seahawks offense look good. Don't care. Bevell is a hack. Funny that he can't find an OC job now.
    Vpk0718
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:18 pm
  • Vpk0718 wrote:Any OC could have made that 2012-14 Seahawks offense look good. Don't care. Bevell is a hack. Funny that he can't find a job now.

Fixed it for you.
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:54 pm
  • seahawkfreak wrote:

? I don’t understand your statement... I’ve been a Seahawks fan since the NFL announced a Seattle expansion team in 1974. Lived through the late 80s and all the 90s where we did not have the talent or coaching to be a .500 Club let alone a playoff team. I’ve never be a Bevell fan, but in 2011 the trajectory of the Seahawks was pointing north. Why would you disrupt the team while something special was starting to happen? Now that the teams trajectory is starting to point south it’s the perfect time to change the coaching staff. If some of these “fans” were to get what they are asking for and fire coaches whenever they wanted, we’d have a revolving door and a different staff every year. That type of system can’t work, See the Cleveland Browns.

AKNFidel
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:01 pm
  • AKNFidel wrote:
    seahawkfreak wrote:

? I don’t understand your statement... I’ve been a Seahawks fan since the NFL announced a Seattle expansion team in 1974. Lived through the late 80s and all the 90s where we did not have the talent or coaching to be a .500 Club let alone a playoff team. I’ve never be a Bevell fan, but in 2011 the trajectory of the Seahawks was pointing north. Why would you disrupt the team while something special was starting to happen? Now that the teams trajectory is starting to point south it’s the perfect time to change the coaching staff. If some of these “fans” were to get what they are asking for and fire coaches whenever they wanted, we’d have a revolving door and a different staff every year. That type of system can’t work, See the Cleveland Browns.

The 2011 Seahawks offense was terrible. Only reason it got better is because of Russell Wilson in 2012. I don't know what more to tell you.

2011 is very reminiscent of 2016/2017 even with RW it got even worse. That season seems to be a forgotten time. Combining a mature D with RW and ML,,,, hey look at that. Doesn't equate to DB being good till 2016.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:22 pm
  • That's only because TJack could only throw right and make one read.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:02 am
  • Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:LOL, he got a Super Bowl ring being the OC for the Seahawks, yet couldn't even find another OC gig and signed on at a big downgrade of a job position.

I'm looking forward to a season where SOMEONE other than RW can score and rush. I'm looking forward to less than 30 sacks next season. Small wins.

As glad as I am that Bevell is gone...

If you're expecting less than 30 sacks next season, expect to be disappointed. In the franchise's history, they have only allowed less than 30 sacks 5 times. 2005, 1988, 1979, 1977, and 1976.

Since 2002 there have only been 141 times less than 30 sacks were allowed(Out of 480). Seattle and Minnesota are the only teams to have only done it once in that span. Indianapolis and the New York Giants have the most seasons. Allowing less than 30 sacks 10 times.
    JGreen79
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:57 am
  • JGreen79 wrote:
    Sox-n-Hawks wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:LOL, he got a Super Bowl ring being the OC for the Seahawks, yet couldn't even find another OC gig and signed on at a big downgrade of a job position.

As glad as I am that Bevell is gone...

If you're expecting less than 30 sacks next season, expect to be disappointed. In the franchise's history, they have only allowed less than 30 sacks 5 times. 2005, 1988, 1979, 1977, and 1976.

Since 2002 there have only been 141 times less than 30 sacks were allowed(Out of 480). Seattle and Minnesota are the only teams to have only done it once in that span. Indianapolis and the New York Giants have the most seasons. Allowing less than 30 sacks 10 times.

Exactly why I want to see it happen.

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:46 am
  • Is bevel off to Chicago yet? I'm fully confident in their ability to make such a stupid move. After all, they traded us a first-round pick for Mirer... :mrgreen:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:10 am
  • GeekHawk wrote:Is bevel off to Chicago yet? I'm fully confident in their ability to make such a stupid move. After all, they traded us a first-round pick for Mirer... :mrgreen:

And the trade last year to the 49ers.
    JGreen79
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:08 am
  • chris98251 wrote:That's only because TJack could only throw right and make one read.

So that is who mentored Kaeporpick.

Bevell not going to bears...they decided to keep their qb coach as it is........
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:58 pm
  • Not to the Falcons either I think they hired Greg Knapp instead.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:53 pm

No, he didn't. He called some decent games. That's it.
    fire_marshall_bill
    NET Rookie

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:56 pm
  • Bevell is still unemployed, options getting thinner out there. OC not likely and now QB coach positions also drying up.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:26 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:This can't be - until I finally blocked a certain now-former poster, I kept reading on here that bevel was destined for the next HC job of the Seahawks, and in fact had turned down numerous HC jobs to stay here. Guess not, huh?

Its pretty ironic that that certain poster is no longer present on the board. I truly believe that the certain poster we are talking about was actually Darrell Bevell himself. Am I alone in thinking that? Am I even allowed to bring it up?
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:04 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Its pretty ironic that that certain poster is no longer present on the board. I truly believe that the certain poster we are talking about was actually Darrell Bevell himself. Am I alone in thinking that? Am I even allowed to bring it up?

He's not posting anymore because he can't. :)
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:50 pm
  • Was he blocked, or did he just derp himself to death?
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:08 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:Was he blocked, or did he just derp himself to death?

They probably asked him when the best time to run a bubble screen was.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:12 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:Was he blocked, or did he just derp himself to death?

They probably asked him when the best time to run a bubble screen was.

I'd have respect for him as a Seahawk fan if he came on here and posted now but it seems that he was only cheering individuals. TJack now Bevell are gone, no one to drool over and say, "I know that guy". Bevell goes to the Bears does their forum spontaneously have a new member named Siouxbear?
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:16 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information