Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Pats getting help

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Pats getting help
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:27 pm
  • I watched that PI before TD. It was piss poor call. The ball wasway out of reach and both players rustling each other.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran

Re: Pats getting help
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:30 pm
  • Some serious “steering” going on in favor of the Cheatriots. Anyone surprised??
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:50 pm
  • One can't help but notice they did NOT show the replay of the delay of game either.
    TreeRon
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:35 pm
  • I was screaming delay of game at the TV so I thought they got it right at the time.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:44 pm
  • I only watched from toward the end of the 2nd till the end. I didn't see what I'd call any blatantly bad calls. Maybe missed non-calls that you can't on TV.

All 3 DPI calls on the Jags looked legit.

Seemed rather like a typical game. If the refs were steering, they did a better job hiding it than usual.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:45 pm
  • 1 penalty all day for 10 yards on a hold during a punt return, which is pretty much guaranteed anyway if there's not a block in the back.

2nd quarter DPI on the Jags was bogus, the WR wasn't even trying to break inside to the ball which was thrown far enough inside that it was uncatchable.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:47 pm
  • I knew a thread like this would come up. Game was called pretty fairly IMO. Jags got away with a pretty obvious late hit and low hit on Brady in the first half. No one made a thread for that though.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:48 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:I knew a thread like this would come up. Game was called pretty fairly IMO. Jags got away with a pretty obvious late hit and low hit on Brady in the first half. No one made a thread for that though.

Poor Shady Brady, always the victim. :roll:

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:51 pm
  • 253hawk wrote:1 penalty all day for 10 yards on a hold during a punt return, which is pretty much guaranteed anyway if there's not a block in the back.

2nd quarter DPI on the Jags was bogus, the WR wasn't even trying to break inside to the ball which was thrown far enough inside that it was uncatchable.

Where Cooks was almost ridden out of bounds by Bouye and then grabbed by the head when he tried to adjust to the ball?

We may be seeing what we want to see here.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:54 pm
  • This game hinged on two calls, the DPI on Bouye before the half that led to the Pats first TD and the fumble recovery by Jack being blown dead (would've been a sure TD). Both seemed like bogus calls to me.
    el capitan
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:08 pm
  • I lost count of how many Offensive holds I saw against the Jags rushers. Refs swallowed their whistles deeper than Romo did Brady's manhood. Dareus was straight up tackled on at least two downs of a Pat's scoring drive.

I don't care who makes it from the NFC, this SB will be the first one I'll skip watching in my adult life. I'm seriously contemplating giving up the NFL for good and I haven't missed a down of Hawks ball since 86' and would often watch three games in a day.

I don't know if it's Goodell or what, but this game has devolved into WWE level entertainment as is no longer sport.
    Osprey
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:14 pm
  • Osprey wrote:I lost count of how many Offensive holds I saw against the Jags rushers. Refs swallowed their whistles deeper than Romo did Brady's manhood. Dareus was straight up tackled on at least two downs of a Pat's scoring drive.

I don't care who makes it from the NFC, this SB will be the first one I'll skip watching in my adult life. I'm seriously contemplating giving up the NFL for good and I haven't missed a down of Hawks ball since 86' and would often watch three games in a day.

I don't know if it's Goodell or what, but this game has devolved into WWE level entertainment as is no longer sport.

Yeah im starring down that road now too...... Nothing about Brady or the Patriots or even their Superbowl *Wins impress me. Half of those SB wins had been surrounded in controversy.
    Conference Championship: NFC: 2005, 2013, 2014
    Division Campionship: AFC West: 1988, 1999 NFC West: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2014
    Superbowl Championship: 2013 XLVIII Final Score: Sea 43 Den 8

The Radish
    Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 pm: Please don't offend The Fonz like that. :roll:
    :les:
    Exittium
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:19 pm
  • Osprey wrote:I lost count of how many Offensive holds I saw against the Jags rushers. Refs swallowed their whistles deeper than Romo did Brady's manhood. Dareus was straight up tackled on at least two downs of a Pat's scoring drive.

I stopped watching completely for a couple of weeks earlier this season. I slowly got back into it, but don't watch with the same level of interest anymore.

I didn't watch one second of either game today. Won't be watching SB XLII.

I've skipped 5 previous SBs:

XLIII: Couldn't stomach watching the Stealers - was still bitter about XL
    XLV: See above
    XLVI: Hate the Patriots
    XLVII: Was living in 49er country at the time
    XLI: See XLVI
    Do you like curry? - Gareth Keenan
    DYLcurry59
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:54 pm
  • Seahawk fans need to bite the bullet and just accept the reality. Pats are the best run organization in sports right now. All they do is win. No outside distractions. No politics. No drama. Enough said
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:17 pm
  • Crizilla wrote:Seahawk fans need to bite the bullet and just accept the reality. Pats are the best run organization in sports right now. All they do is win. No outside distractions. No politics. No drama. Enough said

I dont actually really hate Brady or Bill that much..I Hate..absolutely HATE and LOATHE NE fans, bunch of spoiled fans

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:09 pm
  • Crizilla wrote:Seahawk fans need to bite the bullet and just accept the reality. Pats are the best run organization in sports right now. All they do is win. No outside distractions. No politics. No drama. Enough said

Lots of truth in the above, but doesn't change the fact that the NFL as a League has chosen Entertainment over truly competitive Sport.

Nearly every game with a National audience has obvious shaping calls to keep the game tight (ie hold audience) or favor the attractive narrative (ie support the Sport Media throughout the week). I'm no football genius and didn't sleep in a Holiday Inn last night, but it's gotten to the point I can predict the drives that will be steered and most flags (or lack thereof) in advance.

Teams still play to the best of their ability, but I think even the players know the butcher's thumb is on the scale.
    Osprey
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:10 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:17 pm

All they have is controversy of one form or another, they use it to their advantage as a chip on their shoulder, throw in cut throat play style and pushing every rule boundary as well as great adjustments and coaching.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:19 pm
  • I’ll be rooting for New England against Philly. Pats fans might be spoiled, but Philly fans are the absolute worst. Bad enough I’ll have to put up with their fans and that dumb “fly Eagles fly” song for the next couple weeks. I just hope Vegas is right about this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Starter

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:58 pm
  • el capitan wrote:This game hinged on two calls, the DPI on Bouye before the half that led to the Pats first TD and the fumble recovery by Jack being blown dead (would've been a sure TD). Both seemed like bogus calls to me.

I truly think that blown dead fumble single handedly cost JAX the game. I have no idea why nobody is talking about it, probably not trying to taint the win for the boys club I guess.
    potatohead
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:07 am
  • James in PA wrote:I’ll be rooting for New England against Philly. Pats fans might be spoiled, but Philly fans are the absolute worst. Bad enough I’ll have to put up with their fans and that dumb “fly Eagles fly” song for the next couple weeks. I just hope Vegas is right about this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely this. Some of the videos I've seen of Eagles fans are absolutely despicable.

Didn't think I'd ever root for the Pats to win but I will in 2 weeks to see the Eagles fans go into riot mode.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:55 am
  • I found it interesting that they only threw the flag for delay of game after the Jags made the first down. Do you really think it gets thrown if they come up short?
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:20 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:I found it interesting that they only threw the flag for delay of game after the Jags made the first down. Do you really think it gets thrown if they come up short?

Nope.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:39 am
  • WilsonMVP wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:Seahawk fans need to bite the bullet and just accept the reality. Pats are the best run organization in sports right now. All they do is win. No outside distractions. No politics. No drama. Enough said

I dont actually really hate Brady or Bill that much..I Hate..absolutely HATE and LOATHE NE fans, bunch of spoiled fans

Yeah, in the heat of the moment I thought the first PI was bogus. But come on people did anyone really think Jax was going to win.

I totally agree with Crizilla, I hate NE as an org but it's more the boston fan base. I have a ridiculous respect for Beli and Brady......they have done the impossible. It maddens me, that the JV conference AFC hasn't provided more of a challenge over the last 10-16 years...........
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:21 pm

It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information