Patriots In Yet Another Super Bowl

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm jealous, but its getting old. Hopefully Brady retires soon.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It astounds me to no end how one human being can elevate average players to such heights of greatness year after year after year. There's nothing dynamic or powerful about the Patriots as a team. You take Brady away and they are an average AFC team.

I guess you can argue that's the case for a lot of teams, but it especially holds true with the Patriots. The Amedolas, the Edleman's of the world...These are ho-hum average guys on most teams. With Brady they are unstoppable.

Kudos I guess, but enough already. Can't WAIT for the Patriots to be irrelevant again.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I never got to see Ali, Babe Ruth, and only saw a little of Jordan, but I did get to witness Brady.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":cdww43t6 said:
I never got to see Ali, Babe Ruth, and only saw a little of Jordan, but I did get to witness Brady.

I saw all of them.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":3gl12dlk said:
Hawk-Lock":3gl12dlk said:

I saw all of them.

You saw Babe Ruth? How old are you? If that's true, are they truly the greats at their sports?

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1jffhd2q said:

Throw in Reggie Jackson, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird and Nolan Ryan.

Beren

Reaction score
Aros":58tkvif9 said:
It astounds me to no end how one human being can elevate average players to such heights of greatness year after year after year. There's nothing dynamic or powerful about the Patriots as a team. You take Brady away and they are an average AFC team.

I guess you can argue that's the case for a lot of teams, but it especially holds true with the Patriots. The Amedolas, the Edleman's of the world...These are ho-hum average guys on most teams. With Brady they are unstoppable.

Kudos I guess, but enough already. Can't WAIT for the Patriots to be irrelevant again.

It's very much the combination of Brady and Belichick tbh. Coaching is colossal in the post-season.

Eagles in the NFC are a prime example.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Aros":2am42znz said:
It astounds me to no end how one human being can elevate average players to such heights of greatness year after year after year.
I'm pretty sure that if you paired Brady up with a coach with scruples and put him into a division where he didn't get six byes a year for his entire career, you'd have Matt Hasselbeck with a dreamier chin dimple.

To me, the most impressive thing these Patriots have done is capitalize on their structural advantage to the hilt. Not as easy as it sounds.

chris98251

Reaction score
Eagles as much as I hate seeing them win have the mentality we used to have and swag.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Backup QB hanging 38 and probably more to come on the Vikings' "elite" defense, lmao.

Man, people need to stop counting on raw number stats so much. There were signs that both the Vikings and Jaguars defenses were not anywhere near as elite as they looked on paper.

Exittium

Reaction score
Well this MIGHT be one of what 2? Bradys in that doesnt a bunch of controversy surrounding it .. so far... either way bleh if they win im done with this joke called the "NFL" itll mean as much as WWE to me and thats = Shit

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I will be in Vegas during the Superbowl. I do not plan on watching it. I will find something more constructive to do. If I bet a hundred dollars on the Pats I would probably make about 2 dollars. No drama there.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Beren":qzl9jvn3 said:
Aros":qzl9jvn3 said:

It's very much the combination of Brady and Belichick tbh. Coaching is colossal in the post-season.

Eagles in the NFC are a prime example.

Their record without Brady is still pretty good. You take Brady away I think NE still wins games. You take Bill away, not so much.

sdog1981

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":18hna2uq said:
Hawk-Lock":18hna2uq said:

I saw all of them.

BS you would have to be 150 years old to remember Ruth playing. He was playing 100 years ago.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sdog1981":2o237ptl said:
SixSeahawk":2o237ptl said:
Hawk-Lock":2o237ptl said:

I saw all of them.

BS you would have to be 150 years old to remember Ruth playing. He was playing 100 years ago.
Maybe he is a time traveler???

I’m spit balling here...... 8)

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Late 80's Niners would put a beating on this team. Along with 86 Giants, late 80's Redskins and mid 80's Bears.

lobohawk

Reaction score
It’s tiresome, but give them credit for doing their job.

Still bugs me that they’re almost guaranteed playoff berth, and not a WC berth, every year. Name the last quality division team. The couple years the Jets had Pennington? Even they weren’t that good. Before that it was Jim Kelly and the Bills in 93 (cough, cough...before Bill and Brady).

Seems most of the other divisions have surges of real competition arise. Look at NFC West, it’s championship caliber coming from all parts. And while it helps toughen those team, it’s an odds game. Quality teams always in the playoffs, will always win more.

The Hooded One is a master coach for sure and Brady top shelf. Worked out for the Pats. But I remember when they were doormats and they’ll get there again when Bill is gone.

Latest posts